Author Topic: So I heard you like Ace Combat?  (Read 3642 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
So I heard you like Ace Combat?
I remember some of you out there do.

PS4 exclusive, so I'm not going to be playing it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Re: So I heard you like Ace Combat?
YEEEEAAAAHHHHHSSSSS!!!!!!
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Could just be a timed exclusive like ACAH was. Unlikely, but so are the chances of this actually being a good game.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
PS4 exclusive, so I'm not going to be playing it.

:no: :(
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline crizza

And I was thinking of getting a XBOX 1 -.-

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
They're taking it back to the universe of the old Ace Combat games. You've got Erusean and Osean markings visible. It's probably a precursor to Ace Combat 3, to which every Ace Combat game not set in the real world is a prequel.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Do you mean the universe of which Namco's United Galaxy Space Force series take place in, along with Ridge Racer?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Do you mean the universe of which Namco's United Galaxy Space Force series take place in, along with Ridge Racer?

Strangereal, as the fans call it? Yes.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
As Masato Kanno tweeted. Why is that a Lighthouse space elevator being a symbol for the game? And why an Osean F-22 Raptor isn't attacking it, since the FAS-01 UAV carrier is deployed to defend it? Or is it something belonged to an unknown hostile Erusian faction?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

To be honest I never liked these series. Gameplay itself is fun but I don't like the lore. I just can't stand all giant mother-planes, fictional countries etc. Assault Horizon is an exception here.

Offline crizza

But Assault Horizon plays like **** imho, Wingmen which are good for nothing and this dogfight stuff... but that's when opinions differ :D

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Name one AC in which the wingmen were not **** :P
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Yeah, I thought the whole point was to shoot down an entire NAFs worth of aircraft per mission by yourself?  Competent squad mates would ruin the experience. :P
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
To be fair, ****ty wingmen are hardly an Ace Combat Exclusive.  "Slippy get back here!"  "Help me Fox!"

To be honest I never liked these series. Gameplay itself is fun but I don't like the lore. I just can't stand all giant mother-planes, fictional countries etc. Assault Horizon is an exception here.

Huh, it's the exact opposite for me. I like wacky stuff like huge planes in an alternate universe but I can't enjoy the gameplay. It's way too simplistic and it locks away any kind of challenge until your 3rd replay. And even when you unlock Ace difficulty the enemy AI is still to incompetent.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Well, Ace Combat 7 is no doubt the first game to utilize a third-party engine, the Unreal Engine 4. It allows advanced AI to outsmart even the begineers, but it's too early for us to tell at the moment, as AC7 is 20% completed.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Eh, not sure how well UE4 advanced AI tools can transfer over to flight. But if they make it half as good as Vector Thrust's "Ace" AI at 25 I'll be happy. That and post-stall manoeuvring with generally better stall mechanics.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The other thing is that they definitely had the opportunity to make the AI better going from PS2 to PS3/360/PC, but chose not to. On some level, I imagine that the bad wingman AI is a design goal, not a bug.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

It's not just the wingmen, enemies are stupid as **** too. But you could be right, they might want bad AI the player can feel like a badass against. That or they didn't want to spend time creating really good AI that would only be unlocked on the Ace difficulty.

Offline crizza

True, but in... AC6 you had this support feature, so you're wingmen actually get **** done, if only for a short time.