Great!
15 (50%)
I don't care...
11 (36.7%)
Forget it!
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 04, 2002, 04:40:11 am

Author Topic: Suggestion to the Administration  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Suggestion to the Administration
I just noticed what CP does when he quotes someone - he puts it in [size = 1][ /size] tags. I think its a very good idea - any way to make that the default text size for quotes?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I voted forget it, because it's iritating to read such small size.
How it is now is fine.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I move that rather than have the sigs small font, we have them be the largest font possible. And in bright red, flashing characters as a default. And that the regular text gets 50% gray coloring, and the smallest size. The quote function can be removed altogether, along with the board's recognition of quote marks.

Offline RandomTiger

Im with Stryke 9

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Stryke 9
I move that rather than have the sigs small font, we have them be the largest font possible. And in bright red, flashing characters as a default. And that the regular text gets 50% gray coloring, and the smallest size. The quote function can be removed altogether, along with the board's recognition of quote marks.

:blah:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Anyone object if I nullify his post count for pointless crap posting? :)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Originally posted by Thunder
Nope, have at it

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Suggestion to the Administration
I just noticed what CP does when he quotes someone - he puts it in [size = 1][ /size] tags. I think its a very good idea - any way to make that the default text size for quotes?

I usually tend to do that for longer posts and large chunks of quoted text so as to minimize redundancy of text on the page and to keep posts shorter. As you can see here though, I think I will start following this practice for all posts. ;)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

yeah, but cause you're an admin your vote counts for 2!

(you have to have seen "Signs" to get what i'm saying)

Offline Redfang

I don't care about it in small posts... but in longer posts I do it myself, too, and it should be done then.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

As we say here: B'vakasha! :devilidea

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot

Please do it! :p

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Hm, just a note: you know that [ s ] and [ /s ] are a quick replacement for [ size=1 ] and [ /size ], right? :)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Could you do a similar thing for [ font=symbol ] and [ /font ] ? :D ;7

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by CP5670
Could you do a similar thing for [ font=symbol ] and [ /font ] ? :D ;7

Nope. :p
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
You know, Thunder, for a retired admin, you still seem to be doing a lot of administrating.  Not that that is a bad thing.  Just a bit funny. ;)
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
You know, Thunder, for a retired admin, you still seem to be doing a lot of administrating.  Not that that is a bad thing.  Just a bit funny. ;)

What's so funny about doing your former job without all of the work?
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
The working retired.
The little big guy.
The bald man named Harry.
The Holy Roman Empire (neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire).
Grapenuts (neither grapes, nor nuts).
Driving on a parkway and parking in a driveway.

Irony is the highest form of humour.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Nullifying Strykes post count isn't work, it's entertainment. Don't confuse the two ;)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Styxx
Hm, just a note: you know that [ s ] and [ /s ] are a quick replacement for [ size=1 ] and [ /size ], right? :)

[Eddie Murphy voice] Coo! [/Eddie Murphy voice]

Nullifying Strykes post count isn't work, it's entertainment.

:nod: We want to have some entertainment, don't we? :D