Author Topic: [WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian  (Read 70145 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: [WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian
Weaving both CT's ideas and my mine is going smoothly. We are on the same page.

NOTE: the OP is updated.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
As of today, I completed the plot for Acts 1 and 2. All the written material, the briefings and dialogues, and additional intel entries. Now working on Act 3.

I may also insert a system viewer. If I can then the Reboot will have additional material as well like strategic war campaign maps. Now, this is nice. This move is not yet final. I will have to do a great deal of experimenting and learning.

The OP is updated with the current progress.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
To the owner of Guiness world record in FS campaign length division: please make it shorter :P. More focus on crucial events, rather than too much random battles. Trust me, I'm owner of previous world record and I know what I'm saying :D.

Good luck Dude. I'm awaiting for more news!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

To the owner of Guiness world record in FS campaign length division: please make it shorter :P. More focus on crucial events, rather than too much random battles. Trust me, I'm owner of previous world record and I know what I'm saying :D.

I thought Derelict was the longest?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I thought Derelict was the longest?
Derelict is 45+1 credits mission long. Extended SG is 47 :P. It's nothing compared to 68-mission long Aftermath anyway.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

We're planning on cutting that down for the sequel.  It should be closer to 50 this time.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Well, it will be around 35. Only relevant crucial events to justify the plot. Creating another 60+ missions campaign is daunting. I learned that lesson. At least that worked good the first time plus the story might tend to "digres" if it is very long when it should be focused.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:36:40 pm by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I AM BACK FROM THE WAR.

For those who have not heard, I was reactivated to active military duty (after a long time) two days after our president declared Martial Law on the island of Mindanao. I was doing battle assessment in the conflict in Marawi City, away from home. Meaning, I was right in the battlefield and expected to help in the fighting as I was also fully armed. My role over there is not direct combat but to analyze rebel movement and civilians then sending sitreps to HQ. Since I was attached to a combat platoon, I was also doing combat. Knocked down a dozen rebels and saved quite a number of civilians. It was hell as expected in a war. Felt scared everyday but that only heightened my awareness and reflexes. It was years since my last tour but I still have it considering my age. There were a lot of soldiers killed, all heroes in my book. There were a lot of wounded and, eventually, I was one of them. I got hit in my leg by granade shrapnel. Just a flesh wound.

They sent me home. Another officer replaced me. I treasured the happy looks on my daughters happy face when I came back still alive. I am glad to be alive.  I thought I will be discharged but, apparently not. I am even due for promotion to Captain. I will be active until I retire in 4 years. This will be an added daily routine because I will be reporting to HQ regularly and I have 2 grocery stores to run.

Now, I am back to modding. I may use what I have learned in making the sequel especially the rebel's guerilla tactics, their ruthlessness.

PS: Even my ex-wife is glad to see me. That's new.   :lol:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:27:43 pm by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

For those of you who are wondering about who the characters in this campaign will be, I can tell you some of their names here (at least on the protagonist side...revealing who some of the bad guys are would be a plot spoiler at this point I think):

Protagonist faction main cast list:

Lt. Commander Courtney Aguilar (player character)
Admiral Neil Cartwright
Admiral John Richter
Captain Khenti
Commander Christopher Snipes
Admiral Tet
Commodore Robert Prescott
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:58:33 pm by CT27 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I am resuming my study and experiments on the "Journal System" and the "System Viewer." Speaking of the system viewer with the in-game jumping, this has the potential to revive the game "Freelancer"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I AM BACK FROM THE WAR.

For those who have not heard, I was reactivated to active military duty (after a long time) two days after our president declared Martial Law on the island of Mindanao. I was doing battle assessment in the conflict in Marawi City, away from home. Meaning, I was right in the battlefield and expected to help in the fighting as I was also fully armed. My role over there is not direct combat but to analyze rebel movement and civilians then sending sitreps to HQ. Since I was attached to a combat platoon, I was also doing combat. Knocked down a dozen rebels and saved quite a number of civilians. It was hell as expected in a war. Felt scared everyday but that only heightened my awareness and reflexes. It was years since my last tour but I still have it considering my age. There were a lot of soldiers killed, all heroes in my book. There were a lot of wounded and, eventually, I was one of them. I got hit in my leg by granade shrapnel. Just a flesh wound.

They sent me home. Another officer replaced me. I treasured the happy looks on my daughters happy face when I came back still alive. I am glad to be alive.  I thought I will be discharged but, apparently not. I am even due for promotion to Captain. I will be active until I retire in 4 years. This will be an added daily routine because I will be reporting to HQ regularly and I have 2 grocery stores to run.

Now, I am back to modding. I may use what I have learned in making the sequel especially the rebel's guerilla tactics, their ruthlessness.

PS: Even my ex-wife is glad to see me. That's new.   :lol:
I don't live in that part of the world, I don't know the politics of the situation, and while I know of the Philippines I've never heard of the areas you've referred to.  All that said, I applaud you for your service to your country and your willingness to put yourself in harm's way to protect civilians.  I am relieved to hear that you came away without any serious or long-lasting injury and congratulate you on your pending promotion.  HLP welcomes you back.

We salute you.

Beam-free-all!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Thank you very much. It means a lot to me...

I am back to modding. Firing all beams.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Jesus.  Really glad to hear you made it back okay.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Ok. I cracked the "Journal Viewer" system. I tweaked the scripts a little and made a new journal screen and buttons and new font color. This is already added to the mod. Only the contents left to be added. It took me around 5 mind-cracking hours last night.

OP is updated

The new buttons and placement in the briefing screen:

The new journal screen:

EDIT: The journal system will be implemented for the Reboot Campaign as well. Since everything will be in the same mod folder, why not apply it. After I finish added the journal content for the Reboot, I will have it ready for download.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:07:35 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I have downloaded quite a number of models from the startrek universe (from FSFiles). I will focus on the romulan ship models and choose which I can use for the sequel. by the way, I will not be calling them "Romulans."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:44:51 am by herkie423 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
God damn. You must be the most hardcore modder on the planet.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Really, I don't think so. He he. I'm still learning new tricks. But I have some moments. Thanks for the compliment. Let me have the privilege to say this to the creator of Blue Planet: Thank you for the inspiration. BP is the catalyst for me to start modding.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Now, on to the work...

I have completed the Journal system with all the contents (images and texts) and Message Box system which I tweaked a little. I will have it ready for the Reboot update.

There is an intermittent internet shut down in my location. Oh yes, I back in the war again. Unbelievable! But I brought my laptop to continue working on the sequel. Modding is stress reliever for me especially now. It helps me take my mind off the danger.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
No dice with the downloaded Romulan (or the others) ship models. The are extremely low-poly, single-skeleton pieces and no turrets. Not even a single object I can use a turret. If I import a goemetry using the POF editor, it will not have a texture link. I can edit it using Blender but I don't know how to texture it there (assigning texture to the vertex faces).

The only model I found acceptable is the Kazon R which is almost 1mb with turret objects that are basically single-faced sheets of squares!

I am going to redirect my search elsewhere. Any acceptable and complete alien destroyer model I can find will do. I need only one.

The OP is updated.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:14:34 pm by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

I'll add that another character from "Reboot" will be returning to the sequel in addition to those I mentioned previously:

Robert Prescott