Author Topic: RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I  (Read 204045 times)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Re: RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I
Attached are all* the missions with new music tracks, modified to use existing FreeSpace music.

*Not quite all.  There are two remaining non-FreeSpace tracks, Calantha and Subterfuge, but I highly doubt they would get flagged - they fit extremely well but are also extremely obscure.  If they do get flagged I can make further edits.
Ohh, neat! I'll definitely do a playthrough now once my current project is done (hopefully February). :yes:

Maybe Scrolls 2 will be released by then. ;7

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That would be awesome. :D

Part 2 won't be released by then, but hopefully we should have a preview mission for your enjoyment. :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Whoops, missed an event music soundtrack in m1_03.  I've edited the previous post with modified-music.7z.

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.

In "Through the Looking Glass," Zeta 1 tells you that your computer will tell you when it has recorded the necessary data, but I'm not seeing anything like that. Is that for individual ships, ship wings, or for the whole cargo depot?

It's for individual ships.  When you target the ship and get close enough, your HUD will display "<shipname> recorded" above your target view.  This is persistent, i.e. for the remainder of the mission, any time you target a ship you have previously recorded, it will display this indicator.

I'm seeing nothing of the sort. Even when I'm ramming my fighter against my target, I see nothing to indicate that a target was recorded. Zeta 1 makes no comments about ships I'm targeting either.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've attached a screenshot.  See "Nandi 1 Recorded" in the lower-left corner?

If you don't get that in your playthrough, then please upload a FSO log.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

• This is fine.
I'm not seeing that. I'd like to upload a log, but Fast Debug is getting hung up on an "illegal counter increment of 0" and isn't letting me continue past that.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It sounds like you're using 19-RC1 (which is why I wanted the log).  There's a bug with one of the sexps in that build, so try a recent nightly.

• This is fine.
Mission works on most recent nightly, apparently. Thanks.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Glad to hear it. :yes:

• This is fine.
Whenever I try to start Irkalla Passes on the ISF branch the game CTDs.
Have a log, I'm not sure how much help it will be:
https://fsnebula.org/log/5de568cccb0d3322ec68474d

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmm.  Can you zip and attach your .plr and .csg file so I can try?

• This is fine.
File attached.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ok, I've been able to reproduce the crash.  It's very odd though, because it's never crashed in this place before.  I'll have to try debugging this for a bit.

In the meantime, try another build and see if you have better luck.  That mission does not use for-counter, so the 19-RC1 is a good candidate.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bug identified.  Here's the PR to fix it:
https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/2175

Unfortunately the bug was introduced on July 13, so 19-RC1 is affected.  But any build prior to that date should work.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Second playthrough. Stuck on Irkalla Passes, ISF branch.

The Khitteb won't jump out at the end of the mission, after the action is over. Because it won't jump out, the Imnoltep and the Halifax won't jump out. I can fly to the node and depart, but this results in mission failure.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:wtf:

This sounds exactly like the problem CT27 had:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93993.0

But the latest fixes worked for him.  Are you playing the latest version of Scroll?

As an aside: the latest nightly build should have the fix for the crash reported by Thisisaverylongusername.

Offline Antares

Knossos is showing version 1.5.7 for Scroll. Maybe something got borked with all the recent revisions you've been making.  :P

The Khitteb took some damage during Masks (it's down to 23% hull integrity), but all of its systems are operational. Unfortunately, I can't replay Masks to try for a better outcome because this isn't a Red Alert mission; I'd have to restart the entire campaign.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah but the hull strength shouldn't matter.  The engine and navigation subsystems are intact, right?  There's nothing blocking its way?

The latest version of Scroll contains the fixes that worked for CT27.  Try playing on the latest nightly build and see if that makes a difference.

Offline Antares

No problems with the latest nightly!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, that's good to hear. :)