Author Topic: RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I  (Read 204038 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Re: RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I
I'm not a model guy.  Does anyone have a patch that can handle this?
Like Nightmare says this is a subsystem flag.

However I like the mission, and I'm not really inclined to try rebalancing it now that we're hard at work on Part II.
This is not a huge point. Something to maybe consider when you do a facelift in five or ten years, but I'm glad to see your priority is Part II.

2) I don't actually remember why the sentries are protected.  It's possible this is to encourage the wingmen to attack the cargo.
Which doesn't make much sense to me, honstly. Why ignore a threat to kill harmless cargo containers first?

Well, the Irkalla is trying to get to the Knossos, and the Tribute is exiting the Knossos.  It's inevitable that they would be face to face.  Also, who knows how long it takes to charge a carrier's jump drive.
The Tribute isn't even trying to move away from the Irkalla's main guns, though. Plus it's parked across the Knossos, implying it deliberately maneuvered into this position after it had jumped in. It's not something that kills the mission for me, just something that sprang to my eye and which I'd personally avoid.

Regarding the Terran weaponry and lack of secondary ammo, I'll take notes in which missions those appear during my next run.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Oh, and another thing: Are SoA assets free to be used by other mods? :)

Oh, and another thing: Are SoA assets free to be used by other mods? :)

I think pretty much all assets shown in R1 were taken from other mods in the first place (except the skyboxes, and they're free to use too).

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yup.

Also, I've added the "reset when idle" flag to all ships with initial-position settings for turrets.  That'll be in the next update, whenever it is.

Offline CT27

What was in the 1.7.1 version released recently?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Two things.  One is in the post literally right above yours.  The other is a bugfix in Axem's markbox script.

Offline CT27

Are you planning another 'branch' for Scroll 2 like Scroll part 1 had?

I.e., one set of missions is more 'conventional' and the other branch more stealthy?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Scroll 2 has a branch in it, as well as an optional SOC loop.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
So glad to hear Scroll 2 is going to be a thing. I'm playing through Scroll 1 right now and am enjoying it immensely.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
If the Prasna spawns in the tech room version of Irkalla Passes, it is virtually impossible to destroy. It appears to have a flag on its engines that prevents it from being disabled, and the Halifax approaches it with a weird attack logic so that it won't fire its beams until it's behind the Prasna. (The Halifax also won't fire its beams on the Irkalla at all, although that's kind of a moot point.) This probably isn't as much of an issue in the campaign, since the Prasna will be either damaged or destroyed in Masks.

EDIT: lol, Pallas got it as it was jumpin' out. Eat it, Shivans.  :drevil:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:55:02 pm by Antares »
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Antares

So in Arachnicide, if you lose the Enterprise, but the Arachnas is still destroyed...

We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well that's weird, because the mission contains this event:

Code: [Select]
$Formula: ( when
   ( is-destroyed-delay
      "Arachnas"
   )
   ( ship-guardian-threshold
      "Python"
      "Seshat"
      "Chons"
      "Nekhbet"
      "Enterprise"
      "Lamarask"
      "Hathor"
   )
)
+Name: guardian everyone
+Repeat Count: 1
+Interval: 1
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 08:15:54 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Antares

code
Enterprise is destroyed, then Arachnas.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ah.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I see that changes have been made to the list of Scroll team members on the Wiki, and it's mostly new additions to the active team. Fingers crossed, I really hope to play Scroll II in the near future.  :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The new team members were added a few months ago; it's just taken this long to update the page. :)

Work on Scroll II is progressing.  It probably won't be ready in the near future, but we hope to release a Part II demo soon.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Great news! By the way, is Scroll II going to feature two branches just like Scroll I did?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, but the branch will be in a different spot and for a different reason.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Version 1.8 of Scroll adds support for the latest version of the MediaVPs.  Additionally, it migrates from the script-eval checkpoint system to the newer Lua SEXP checkpoint system.  They work the same way, but the newer version is easier to use and has been optimized.

There are also a few very minor mission tweaks, such as making it a little easier to signal Delta wing in Arachnophobia.