Author Topic: RELEASE: Inferno Nostos: Act 1  (Read 200522 times)

Re: RELEASE: Inferno Nostos: Act 1
The Inferno AI_Profiles.tbl has both $smart primary weapon selection: and $smart secondary weapon selection: set to YES, which fixes these issues. Additionally, the Corinthos does not have the "Huge" flag, meaning you won't be able to kill destroyer-size ships by spamming it while rearming for 5 minutes. It'll still deal full subsystem damage, but that damage is almost 3 times lower than that of the Stiletto 3, unlike the retail Trebuchet which dealt higher subsystem damage than the Stiletto 2.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Speaking about Corinthos/Trebuchets - Does EA have any analogue to it?

The EA has the Halberd (I believe that's what it's called), but it's not used in R1. In R2 it will murder you, as it's basically a treb combined with an Infyrno and also has kinetic/pushback effects.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Know what the EA doesn't have? A SOC counterpart, or stealth fighters. Or maybe they DO have both, and they're so good you can't see them?  :nervous:
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Know what the EA doesn't have? A SOC counterpart, or stealth fighters.
They DO.

... they're so good you can't see them?  :nervous:
To be seen in R2.  But yes to the comment above.

R

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Any change this will be added to Goober's FSOinstaller?  I don't have Knossos yet because i don't want to re-download 57 GB of mods (the size of my FS2 installation folder).

Looking forward to playing this!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
:nervous:

They DO.

I think there are some pictures of the untextured ship on the ModDB site, unless the model has been scrapped (not sure).

Offline mr.WHO

Would it be possible to upload Inferno Soundtrack to YT?

BTW Is this OST made specifically for Inferno or is it from external sources/movies/games?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
A bunch of it is from Hellbender, an old Microsoft descent-like I really loved.

Offline mr.WHO

Thanks! Any more sources?

I googled Hellbender and found the last mission music - damn it fits great with that mission (you really feel like swarmed by Shivans):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSpMXxamox0&index=14&list=PL0693BED099509A7B

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
There's at least one from Fury3 (a prequel to Hellbender)
Stuff

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Some of it is from Kevin Macleod's royalty-free music.

https://incompetech.com/

(search "the complex" and "five armies")

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Some of the weapon sounds happen to be from those games too. I recognize the PAC, ION, RFL, and the various rocket types. I'll admit, I went nuts when I heard the Fury3 music.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
wwwwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttt? great :-) And on a Friday, even better! Weekend plans, assemb----  eh, reschedule!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
A bunch of it is from Hellbender, an old Microsoft descent-like I really loved.

Oh, man, I LOVED Hellbender!  It was the first PC game I played with a joystick, on a friend's computer.  Too bad it's not on GOG, or anywhere else that I can find.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline mr.WHO

Reading some comments about similarities/inspirations between Inferno and Blue Planet I'd love to see some kind of fan made crossover between those two. I mean going into paralel universe is already a thing in Blue Planet.
Obviously if Inferno GTA would connect to BP UEF Sol then the plot would be pretty much about love, friendship and stroking puppies (booooring!).
However, what if BP Tevs connected to Inferno EA Sol? Two militaristic, facist and expansionist factions bent on conquering eachother.

Well then make a EA vs Shivans campaign, that would be at least space Nazis vs space bugs. ;)

Also, while I haven't played BP in a while, I think you're missing the point about BPs  GTVA.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Reading some comments about similarities/inspirations between Inferno and Blue Planet I'd love to see some kind of fan made crossover between those two. I mean going into paralel universe is already a thing in Blue Planet.
Obviously if Inferno GTA would connect to BP UEF Sol then the plot would be pretty much about love, friendship and stroking puppies (booooring!).
However, what if BP Tevs connected to Inferno EA Sol? Two militaristic, facist and expansionist factions bent on conquering eachother.

I don't think BP's GTVA is fascist; its nowhere near as militaristic as the EA. At worst it's a pseudo-military junta

UEF vs EA would be more interesting IMO; I'd expect the UEF to get roflstomped. I should try pitting the Nemesis against a Solaris.

If you wanted to write a fanfic, then Inferno could be an alternate universe where the Vishnas guided the GTVA instead of Sol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:02:22 pm by rubixcube »
Stuff

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
So i have just played the campaign and i loooooooooooooooooooove Inferno, I just have a few issues and its mainly in the Ross128 missions. first of there is no star field in any of the missions set in Ross128, is that intentional? , also the time between ingame messages seemed very short, a lot of the chatter seems to take place during heavy action and pressing F4 during combat to read the messages, throws you off and found myself dying a number of times trying to read them . The worst is in a certain encounter within the Ross128 where you are spammed with ingame messages in such a short space of time i had no idea what was going on and reading them in by pressing F4 is looks like some of them are displaying out of order.

I do love Inferno, its a good fun romp with an awesome soundtrack. It just needs the times between the messages fixed so you can read them and perhaps a few more varied missions other than taking out beam turrets and bomber attacks for act 2.

I give it a solid 7 out of 10.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
What's the keyboard shortcut to see data like ship size and other things the "normal" tech room doesn't show?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."