Author Topic: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge [features now in FSO]  (Read 39654 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.1
Thanks for the update, I have fixed the issue and uploaded a new version (v1.2). That must have been very annoying to try and figure out, and I am sorry about all that extra bug fixing I put you guys through!

The new version also incorporates the intensity value from the player's HUD settings as well, so if you like a brighter or darker HUD the gauge will match what you have set.
No worries!
I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out for a bit earlier. "How many changes have I made in these past months that have not been saved?! :shaking:" But thankfully that turned out to be non-issue.

The fixes and added safeties are  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.2
New version released, Version 1.3. This fixes an issue that shows the gauge in certain views where it should not be shown. Thanks to Axem for the fix!

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
This is a great addition to the community.  Any chance there might be an option to include images (eg radar icons) to represent wingmen instead of dots?  This will allow the script to represent allied capital ships in capship command missions.

Once again great work!

R

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
One more major issue to report: If you have a wing with multiple waves on your hud gauge, any wave aside from the first one won't show up on the gauge.

So for example. Alpha wing has 3 wingmen to start with, they die, next three launch from the hangarbay, the hud gauge is then not updated to reflect the status of alpha 4, 5 and 6 etc.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline wookieejedi

This is a great addition to the community.  Any chance there might be an option to include images (eg radar icons) to represent wingmen instead of dots?  This will allow the script to represent allied capital ships in capship command missions.

Once again great work!

R

That is a good idea, though implementation will just depend on how much free time I can muster over the next few weeks. Thanks for you feedback!

One more major issue to report: If you have a wing with multiple waves on your hud gauge, any wave aside from the first one won't show up on the gauge.

So for example. Alpha wing has 3 wingmen to start with, they die, next three launch from the hangarbay, the hud gauge is then not updated to reflect the status of alpha 4, 5 and 6 etc.

Ah good to know, that is a rather important issue to address, so I will work on fixing that this weekend or next! Thanks again for you continued suggestions and comments.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hey, not to be pushy, but it's been a few weekends now.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline wookieejedi

I knew there was something else on my FSO list, thanks for the reminder! I am testing fixes now and will hopefully have something by the end of the week once I return from travels.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I knew there was something else on my FSO list, thanks for the reminder! I am testing fixes now and will hopefully have something by the end of the week once I return from travels.
  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

Offline wookieejedi

Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.4
Version 1.4 has been released! This version fixes an issue that drew the gauge on top of fadeouts, etc (thanks Axem!) and fixed an issue of not showing the health of second or more waves of the wing (thanks Spoon!).

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Thanks for the hardwork

The way it fills up new slots for new wave arrivals is kind of... interesting, though.
Alpha is a wing of 3 with a threshold of 1 and Custodian is a wing of 2. So after three waves the display ends up looking like this (attachment)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Urutorahappī!!

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks for the hardwork

The way it fills up new slots for new wave arrivals is kind of... interesting, though.
Alpha is a wing of 3 with a threshold of 1 and Custodian is a wing of 2. So after three waves the display ends up looking like this (attachment)

Thanks! Yeah if there are less then 6 slots filled the next wave fills the six slots first. That behavior can be easily changed :) Would you like it if the new wing simply filled over the previous wing. For example, Alpha wing has 3 ships and 2 waves. On the first wave three dots are shown and on the second wing only three dots are still shown. Does that sound like more what you were looking for?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yeah, that's how the retail wingmen hud works, it just fills the same dots again. I do think that looks a bit nicer on the hud. So if you could change it to behave like that, that would be good.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Nice!

One addition that would be very handy would be an indication as to what the ships in each wing are.

In particular, it would be very handy to know which ones are bombers. In some missions of some mods you may have five wings under your command, possibly more. It can be tricky to work out / remember which are your bomber wings in the middle of a fight. Especially so if you didn't choose the wings yourself in the hanger. Even more so if you are dropped into the middle of a hairball and don't have time to visually check each wing / cycle through each friendly ship.

Is this technically possible? If so, how would it react if the player were to swap ships around in the hanger?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline wookieejedi

Yeah, that's how the retail wingmen hud works, it just fills the same dots again. I do think that looks a bit nicer on the hud. So if you could change it to behave like that, that would be good.

Good point. That is now changed to match retail behavior in Verizon 1.5.

Nice!

One addition that would be very handy would be an indication as to what the ships in each wing are.

In particular, it would be very handy to know which ones are bombers. In some missions of some mods you may have five wings under your command, possibly more. It can be tricky to work out / remember which are your bomber wings in the middle of a fight. Especially so if you didn't choose the wings yourself in the hanger. Even more so if you are dropped into the middle of a hairball and don't have time to visually check each wing / cycle through each friendly ship.

Is this technically possible? If so, how would it react if the player were to swap ships around in the hanger?

Thanks, that is a good suggestion. It is indeed possible and the changes between waves and player swapping ships in the load-out (hangar) screen is also accounted for. I have added the different bomber icons as a feature for Version 1.5. Now bombers are designated by squares and other ships by circles.

Version 1.5 is released and the link is on the front page.

As always, I appreciate the feedback from you both, and I would be happy to answer any additional questions or address any issues! Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:17:34 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.5
Sorry to be difficult here  :p

Issue 1. I have Alpha wing start with 3 in the wing, but with a threshold of 1. So when 2 are destroyed, the next three in the wing arrive. With the retail hud gauge, it would add the fourth icon to the hud.
The fourth icon would remain empty (ergo: dead. Not empty as in, its gone completely) if the wing got reduced to 3 again, but in the cases where the wing was again 4 on the field, it would fill up again.
Currently the script doesn't account for that, and only ever shows the three circles, even if there are four in the wing.

Issue 2. see attachment
Is this a debug text thing? The text seems to color along with the dot, but only for the first three fighters.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Urutorahappī!!

Offline wookieejedi

Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.5
Sorry to be difficult here  :p

Issue 1. I have Alpha wing start with 3 in the wing, but with a threshold of 1. So when 2 are destroyed, the next three in the wing arrive. With the retail hud gauge, it would add the fourth icon to the hud.
The fourth icon would remain empty (ergo: dead. Not empty as in, its gone completely) if the wing got reduced to 3 again, but in the cases where the wing was again 4 on the field, it would fill up again.
Currently the script doesn't account for that, and only ever shows the three circles, even if there are four in the wing.

Issue 2. see attachment
Is this a debug text thing? The text seems to color along with the dot, but only for the first three fighters.

No worries, I appreciate the feedback! I think I see what you mean, and I have adjusted the script for Version 1.6 accordingly. You are correct, those are debug lines and I commented them out properly this time. Please let me know if that works more how you'd expect!

Version 1.6 (and now 1.7) is released, link on front page as usual  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:22:02 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

Offline wookieejedi

Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.6
Doesn't quite work right yet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/557cuaegk5p624z/Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX17-SSE%202018-12-07%2015-39-31-60.webm?dl=0

Ah I see what you mean now. Once the second wave jumps in all four dots should be green. Will work on fixing that!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:33:13 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline wookieejedi

Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.6
Doesn't quite work right yet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/557cuaegk5p624z/Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX17-SSE%202018-12-07%2015-39-31-60.webm?dl=0

Once the second wave jumps in all four dots should be green. Will work on fixing that!

I think I have fixed the issue in Version 1.8 which is now released. Let me know if it works as expected, thanks! 

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!