Poll

Would you be interested in playing in another WoD forum game?

Yes, as SF
2 (13.3%)
Yes, as CRF
2 (13.3%)
Yes, as UGC
2 (13.3%)
Yes, as DD
3 (20%)
No
0 (0%)
No, but would like to spectate
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: June 20, 2019, 01:58:01 pm

Author Topic: Reminiscing: A WoD Tale  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Veers

Reminiscing: A WoD Tale
Now I wish I had a nice little story written up, on some floral stationary. Buuut I don't... raincheck!

I haven't been around in ages but stopped in on a few threads here and there, and managed to end up in the Forum Game archives. And damn it makes me happy to see those, the turns, the videos (gosh those videos <3), and to think of the fun and frustration we had during them.

So while we all might be a good four years older and wiser, four years of ups and downs. These memories and the ability to reminisce really make everything melt away.

--------------

I liked the games, wanted to share that damn it was fun and these several years later, makes me so incredibly happy to look back on them. When is the next game starting?  :beamz:

Spoiler:
Love your work Spoon, it's about time I updated my files and took WoD for another spin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:45:48 am by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Re: Reminiscing: A WoD Tale
I am running a forum game that you might be interested in. Look in the Arts and Talents forum.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Lorric

I've gone back into the old forum game threads numerous times since it ended. I'm sure I'll continue to do so. :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Glad to hear the game left a few good memories.

Technically I don't really have any excuse for not starting forum game. Before it was because I just wanted to concentrate all my creative energy on finishing episode 2 and well, that's done now, so.
I guess the question is more if there is still any interest, HLP overall has slowed down a lot over these past few years.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

You don't necessarily need as many players as you've had before. For instance I'm sure I'd be able to run the CRF all by myself if that's what it took. But since Veers made the thread, I'm guessing I'd have at least one fellow CRF player with me. But all being well I'll be in if you do the next game. :)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It was so nice in the test game (even though I kept pissing people off with eratic behavior), so I launched a Tribute Game in Stellaris based on the info.

I still have the kits for the CRF, DD, UGC and SU - and I had one CSA and the Nodera ready to go but then Episode 2 happened and I have to get back to those. As they are stored in an easy to edit file - to would be a triffle to share.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Glad to hear the game left a few good memories.

Technically I don't really have any excuse for not starting forum game. Before it was because I just wanted to concentrate all my creative energy on finishing episode 2 and well, that's done now, so.
I guess the question is more if there is still any interest, HLP overall has slowed down a lot over these past few years.
I actually found, the other day, that I still have my notes from this lying around, so... I would probably be interested.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'll add a poll to gauge interest. With no promises made.  (I'm Hijacking your thread, Veers :P )

It was so nice in the test game (even though I kept pissing people off with eratic behavior), so I launched a Tribute Game in Stellaris based on the info.

I still have the kits for the CRF, DD, UGC and SU - and I had one CSA and the Nodera ready to go but then Episode 2 happened and I have to get back to those. As they are stored in an easy to edit file - to would be a triffle to share.
Hah, neat. I don't remember seeing that before. (That's not a thread I really keep tabs on)

I actually found, the other day, that I still have my notes from this lying around, so... I would probably be interested.
Also neat.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:56:25 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Vote cast. :)

Would the other option mean to get WoD3 a week or so earlier or just that there is no forum game?

Offline Veers

It wouldn't be one of my threads if it was not hijacked.

Also, vote cast as CRF obviously. But I can fill out other roles.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline 0rph3u5

I am in the "Spectate"-camp ... gotta do releases.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Spectate camp seems like it has the most population right now.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Reporting for ****ing duty.

EDIT: also available for assisting the GM, I have to justify my badge at some point.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

Spectate camp seems like it has the most population right now.
Only by one now. Looks like the DD band is back together, unless someone new voted DD.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Duty to the empress is heavier than a mountain, death is ligter than a feather.

We serve 'till the end.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

Duty to the empress is heavier than a mountain, death is ligter than a feather.

We serve 'till the end.
Well said. A true Knight knows that his duty to his Lady and country is only fulfilled when he is victorious or when he is dead. That it is not when his country prospers but when it declines that it needs his life the most. And if he has to give his life in service to that, he will do so. Gladly.

Offline 0rph3u5

A true Knight knows that his duty to his Lady and country is only fulfilled when he is victorious or when he is dead. That it is not when his country prospers but when it declines that it needs his life the most. And if he has to give his life in service to that, he will do so. Gladly.

Having laid bare their sinner's soul in Vigil and Confession, a true Knight enters a holy covenant to safeguard the First Principles they hold dear.
In their service of these ideals, they will be pious before God, fight without fail against any adversaries, and remain gallant in the shadow of death.
It is a bond no vicissitude of fate may dissolve, nor is for any mortal law to command.

... damn, I am already getting in the spirit of things again...
EDIT: changed 2nd line
EDIT: changed 2nd line again
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:47:34 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

I'd throw in with SF again :)

Since I count myself a fiercely patriotic Earther, The Iron Wall of Humanity it is, I suppose. Meanwhile, anyone is welcome to join the aforementioned other forum game ;) we can use some more hands in the Shivan-shooting department.