Author Topic: TBP 3.6.0 released on Knossos!  (Read 29254 times)

Offline wesp5

Re: TBP 3.6.0 released on Knossos!
Yes.... I added them to one of the ships in FS2 in the past.  It really added to the game

So can you add them to the Star Furies too? I assume this is to get more of the cool strafing effect as shown in the show.

It was awhile back but from what I remember I changed the x and y parameters of the $Max Velocity section for each ship ($Max Velocity:   22.5, 22.5, 90 for example).  You also need to change it for the afterburner section as well.

$Max Velocity:

Defines maximum velocities with standard energy settings on x (left/right), y (up/down), and z (forward) -axis (respectively). z -axis velocity defines the maximum forward velocity.
    The x and y velocities are considered slide veocities
    Syntax: Vector, three floats, x-axis, y-axis, z-axis, respectively, meters per second
        Example: 0.0, 0.0, 80.0

I did a quick check and it looks like the TBP ships.tbl already has all the x and y velocities set. 

I re-bound keys to them and it seems to work now.  Not sure why the keys I had bound didn't work but I am glad it is working now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 11:38:11 am by OverDhill »

Offline wesp5

I did a quick check and it looks like the TBP ships.tbl already has all the x and y velocities set. 

If you mean the Star Fury can already slide left/right/up/down you are right of course, but the speed seems to be much slower than forward. So what are the actual values?

The standard Star Fury values are $Max Velocity:   22.5, 22.5, 90

I would say they could be upped a little. I did see one problem.  Someone forgot to add the x and y values to the afterburners.  I will try some new values and see if it feels better.  You don't want your slide to be as fast as your forward speed but it does feel a bit sluggish as it stands now. 

I would be interested in hearing what some other people think.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you're interested, I can give you SVN access so that you can add those changes to the next release.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I did some changes.  Just extract the zip file into the TBP\TBP-3.6.2\data folder to play test it.   These are the ships and values I set them to;

Aurora        $Max Velocity:   30.0, 30.0, 90
      +Aburn Max Vel:   43.5.0, 43.5.0, 130

Aurora MK1   $Max Velocity:   28.25, 28.25, 85
      +Aburn Max Vel:   48.0, 48.0, 145

Badger      $Max Velocity:   27.0, 27.0, 80.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   43.0, 43.0, 130

Thunderbolt   $Max Velocity:   33.0, 33.0, 100.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   46.0, 46.0, 140

Thunderbolt Bomber   $Max Velocity:   30.0, 30.0, 100.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   40.0, 40.0, 130

Tiger      $Max Velocity:   26.0, 26.0, 80.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   41.0, 41.0, 125

Valkyrie      $Max Velocity:   17.5,17.5, 60.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   30.0, 30.0, 120

109 Zephyr   $Max Velocity:   23.75, 23.75, 70.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   35.0, 35.0, 120.0

PSI Aurora   $Max Velocity:   30.5, 30.5, 90.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   44.0, 44.0, 130

PSI Thunderbolt   $Max Velocity:   35.0, 35.0, 100.0
      +Aburn Max Vel:   47.0, 47.0, 140

PSI Thunderbolt   $Max Velocity:   30.0, 30.0, 100.0
      #Bomber   +Aburn Max Vel:   40.0, 40.0, 130

Not having played any other campaign except for some of Raider Wars I have flown anything but the Aurora.  I used some estimates as for the others as to what type of fighter it was.  Feel free to play with the values and report back.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Has anyone tried these new settings?  Any feedback?

Also what are some of the other campaigns that should be worked on next.   I understand that Drums of War is being worked on by 0rph3u5

Offline wesp5

Has anyone tried these new settings?

Not yet, but the changes sound reasonable.

Also what are some of the other campaigns that should be worked on next.

I fixed MAG's Starfury Pilot Missions, his Io Training wing campaign and the Vorlon and Shadow mini campaigns. They are in the SVN 3.5.1 temp folder and I understand that PIe will integrate them into the main mod.

But speaking of the Starfury Pilot Missions, there are two Earth Minbari War missions included, namely the most important ones "In the Beginning" and "The Battle of the Line". As the other original campaign included with TBP was the Earth Minbari War campaign, maybe someone who can actually edit missions could take these two missions and kind of complete this campaign?

Since I never have played any of the campaigns which ones are the longest and most complete.  When I tell people about this MOD that is one question they ask.

Here is a list of the campaigns I found.

Achen Flight School.......................................by Vidmaster
Dark Children*................................................by Vidmaster
Earth Alliance Training.......................by madaboutgames
Earth Brakiri War.................................by madaboutgames
Fortune Hunters - 2259*................................by Vidmaster
Fortune Hunters - 2260*................................by Vidmaster
Infestation............................................by madaboutgames
Operations.................................................... ...by Vidmaster
Survivor................................................by madaboutgames
Drums of War: Part 1..........................................by 0rph3u5
Drums of War: Part 2..........................................by 0rph3u5
The Black Hand: Episode 1................................by 0rph3u5
Awakening the Beast Demo.............................by 0rph3u5
Star Fury Pilot Single Missions........by madaboutgames
Misc Single Missions.........................by Various Authors

The Babylon Project - Relic v1.0a........by Slasher

In The Name Of The Emperor

Guardian Of Light

Offline starlord

The tales of Janus also come to mind by miburo, with a released first chapter and a WIP design doc for the second chapter.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:47:57 pm by starlord »

Offline wesp5

Since I never have played any of the campaigns which ones are the longest and most complete.

I don't know, but maybe listing the number of missions helps. Here is what I know sorted alphabetically:

Achen Flight School.........................................by Vidmaster > 1 mission
Awakening the Beast Demo..............................by 0rph3u5
Dark Children..................................................by Vidmaster > 5 missions (fixed for Knossos)
Drums of War: Part 1-3.....................................by 0rph3u5
Earth Alliance Training..........................by madaboutgames > 6 missions (fixed for Knossos)
Earth Brakiri War..................................by madaboutgames > 26 missions
Earth Minbari War............................................by TBP team
Emearon Incident..............................................by Ker.Soth > 8 missions
Fortune Hunters - 2259..................................by Vidmaster
Fortune Hunters - 2260..................................by Vidmaster
Fortune Hunters - 2261..................................by Vidmaster
Guardian Of Light.........................................by Darkmaster > 4 missions (fixed for Knossos)
Infestation...........................................by madaboutgames > 10 missions
In The Name Of The Emperor...............................by Skullar > 3 missions
Operations.................................................... ..by Vidmaster
Raider Wars.....................................................by TBP team > 18 missions (fixed for Knossos)
Relic v1.0a......................................................... .by Slasher
Survivor................................................by madaboutgames > 10 missions
Star Fury Pilot Single Missions..............by madaboutgames > 12 missions (fixed for Knossos)
The Black Hand: Episode 1................................by 0rph3u5
Misc Single Missions...............................by Various Authors

Just pointing out that the 3D shock wave error is still there

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Many, MANY years ago, I began trying to get "In The Beginning" to a polished state.  It seems that it was originally written in Russian (I think), then there was an attempt to translate it into English, but it was very crude.  Sometimes I had to look at what sequence was occuring in the events to understand what the text was supposed to be.  I never finished it, but I still have it in various stages of completion on my hard drive, and I have moved on to various other projects, but I eventually hope to get back to it.

BTW, it was Den5 who is the original creator of the campaign, but missions from the E-M War Demo were incorporated into it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline wesp5

Many, MANY years ago, I began trying to get "In The Beginning" to a polished state.

If you mean the sequence in which Sheridan blows the Black Star, MAG has made a nice mission about that for his Star Fury Pilot pack and I already made it work in Knossos. But I don't remember much about the Earth Minbari campaign and it's setting, like who is the player pilot, to know if integrating this would be feasable...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
"In The Beginning" is a very long campaign, which begins essentially with the encounter between the Prometheus' battlegroup and the Grey Council's fleet, and goes right through to the Battle of the Line, and even includes an epilogue that jumps forward to 2259.  The Sheridan-Black Star engagement is part of the campaign, but it's not MAG's version.  The entire campaign (with the possible exception of the missions adapted from the E-M War Demo) was made by Den5.

Offline wesp5

"In The Beginning" is a very long campaign, which begins essentially with the encounter between the Prometheus' battlegroup and the Grey Council's fleet, and goes right through to the Battle of the Line, and even includes an epilogue that jumps forward to 2259.  The Sheridan-Black Star engagement is part of the campaign, but it's not MAG's version.  The entire campaign (with the possible exception of the missions adapted from the E-M War Demo) was made by Den5.

Wow, it would be cool if you could convert that to Knossos :)!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I was just looking through the VP files associated with the Zathrus 2.8 package, and I found a couple of Aurora models that appear to be be based on the high-poly model, but reskinned for the PSI Aurora, and another that's listed as the "Line" Aurora, which I assume to be the MK1.  The models in the 3.6 release are 1986 KB for the base model, and 683 KB for the PSI and MK1, while in the Zathrus package, there are said models at 2135 KB.  I compared the standard issue models from both packages, and despite the 150 KB difference, they appear to be the same model.  The Zathrus package also has models for Ivanova, Sinclair, and Sheridan, which I assume are simple reskins, and since you're not gonna have more than one each in a mission, a simple texture replacement in FRED would accomplish the same thing.  In regards to the PSI and MK1 (Line?) models, if they are better than those in the 3.6 release, you may want to swap them out.
I just finished testing out said high-detail Aurora MK1 and Psi Aurora, and they both appear to work fine, once I switched to the correct spelling for the debris texture.

Thats great. Can we get those changes to karajorma?   Hopefully we can get the changes uploaded for Knossos along with the new ship tavble to support strafing.  That and include the work wesp5 has done for the Star Furry pack missions.

Who did The Earth Minbari War Demo?  B5-C-sp-EMW-3_0.vp I believe is the file. 

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy

hip63
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!