Author Topic: TBP 3.6.0 released on Knossos!  (Read 29270 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: TBP 3.6.0 released on Knossos!
Do we know when / if the other campaigns will be ported over, such as Dark Children (play as a shadow fighter) and the one you play as a Vorlon? Those were superb :-)

I love the First Ones campaigns too and as I correctly supected that it would take time to include them, you can find them converted for 3.6 in my Unofficial Patch:
https://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/addons/the-babylon-project-unofficial-patch

Superb, thank you so much :-)

Just one quick question - can you tell me where the knossos version of TBP 'lives', as its not with the other mods. Looking through the folders it looks like the BSG and Wing Commader mods don't live there either, so I assume they get placed somewhere else. Any ideas?

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline wesp5

Just one quick question - can you tell me where the knossos version of TBP 'lives', as its not with the other mods.

What do you mean? It should be listed like all the other mods in the Knossos launcher. Or is it still listed as a beta?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I love the First Ones campaigns too and as I correctly supected that it would take time to include them, you can find them converted for 3.6 in my Unofficial Patch:
https://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/addons/the-babylon-project-unofficial-patch

I'm going to ask again, why the **** are you working against us by making unofficial patches that will **** up the Knossos install for people when it's obvious that we really need more people to work on the Knossos releases? You have SVN access! You have Beta access! You have all the tools necessary to do this the right way! Why are you insisting on doing things in a way that will cause people who have installed TBP on Knossos problems when we do get around to doing another release? Why are you expending time and effort on doing things the wrong way?

I simply don't get it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:48:51 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wesp5

I'm going to ask again, why the **** are you working against us by making unofficial patches that will **** up the Knossos install for people when it's obvious that we really need more people to work on the Knossos releases? You have SVN access! You have Beta access!

I have uploaded all these files a long time ago to SVN and you never bothered to add them to the main release, so I went ahead and updated the patch! If you want me to get rid of the patch, JUST ADD THE DAMN FILES WHICH YOU HAD ACCESS TO FOR AGES!

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Just one quick question - can you tell me where the knossos version of TBP 'lives', as its not with the other mods.

What do you mean? It should be listed like all the other mods in the Knossos launcher. Or is it still listed as a beta?

Its on the Knossos launcher ok, but the folders for it and some of the other non-FS campaigns do not appear to live with the others - see the attached screenshots. If I can't find the folders then I can't add the patch to them.

PS - thank you for doing this - and the hard work you have put into getting VTMB working :-)

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

You probably can put the patches into the main FS install, hopefully (just don't forget to remove them). Use windows/whatever search to find stuff, unless you're on Discord you'll most likely find it yourself quicker than to wait for an awnser.

As far as I recall when you run the patch it asks whether you have the Classic or Knossos.  If your using Knossos just point it to the FreespaceOpen/TBP-3.6.2  folder first then choose Knossos patch. It should install the files in the data folder under TBP-3.6.2 folder.  Unless someone can add these to Knossos.

Not sure about the confusion concerning adding these to the official release but I do not know how to use the SVN to push files up to Knossos so I cannot say.  For now I added them with the patch to play around with them.  So far they seem to be working well.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:30:36 am by OverDhill »

Offline wesp5

As far as I recall when you run the patch it asks whether you have the Classic Knossos.

It asks whether you have classic or Knossos as I just updated my old patch until the missions were included into the main Knossos game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:43:38 am by wesp5 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I have uploaded all these files a long time ago to SVN and you never bothered to add them to the main release, so I went ahead and updated the patch! If you want me to get rid of the patch, JUST ADD THE DAMN FILES WHICH YOU HAD ACCESS TO FOR AGES!

You literally have access so that you can add them yourself. We held off on adding stuff for the first release. But now that it is out, you can add them. You don't have to wait for me to do anything. Just do it. Test it. Release it. I'm pretty sure I told you that earlier, which is why the whole unofficial patch is annoying. You have another way to release it. There is absolutely no reason you have to do it this way!

Offline wesp5

You literally have access so that you can add them yourself. We held off on adding stuff for the first release. But now that it is out, you can add them. You don't have to wait for me to do anything. Just do it. Test it. Release it.

Sorry, but I removed the whole SVN beta setup when the main version came out because I thought I won't need it anymore. Also I wasn't aware that everybody would be able to add stuff to the main release and I wouldn't know how either. So please you do it! People are obviously waiting ;)...

Than why not re DL it? Sure it takes a while but I doubt that Kara will do that for you.

Offline wesp5

Than why not re DL it? Sure it takes a while but I doubt that Kara will do that for you.

Sorry, but if you expect everybody to upload their own campaigns the main project will never get finished! Or it will get completely messed up. I thought kara was the guy who maintained the final release version...

I just had the impression that you already had the files and only had to put them on SVN.

Offline wesp5

I just had the impression that you already had the files and only had to put them on SVN.

My files are in the Temp_Folder folder of the SVN repository since over a year! Karajorma and OverDhill promised to add them to the main game months ago, but just never did...

If that stuff has already been tested it shouldn't be too much work.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sorry, but if you expect everybody to upload their own campaigns the main project will never get finished! Or it will get completely messed up. I thought kara was the guy who maintained the final release version...

Given how busy I've been lately, if you expect me to do it, it will never get released either.

If it works, if it's been tested, if it doesn't break the game, put it in the release folder. And if the answer to any of those things isn't true, why the hell is it being released unofficially?

Just for the record I never said I would as I do not know how.  I have just been trying to keep an interest on this MOD. 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you're interested in learning, we could give you access. To be honest, the biggest thing we need is people who want to playtest.

Offline wesp5

I don't have access to my PC right now, but maybe when I'm home again, I'll reinstall SVN. But I'm busy with the Bloodlines patch too and I thought you could do this much faster than anybody else who first must learn it. Like I have no idea how to move anything inside a SVN repository, but all missions are tested and work...

Offline wesp5

Okay, so I wanted to try to move my stuff into the main data folder, but using the old SVN link and login karajorma gave me long ago only gives me access to TBP 3.5.1 which I guess is completely outdated by now. My stuff is already in the temp folder there, how do we get it into the 3.6.2 release? The beta version is also gone from Knossos...