Author Topic: MediaVPs 4.0.x Discussion Thread  (Read 15689 times)

Re: MediaVPs 4.0.x Discussion Thread
Oh, a new MVP release. Nice.

Unfortunately they does not seem to work on my end.
If i load a mission, my game crashes right away :(.

Do not have this problem with 3.8 however.

There is definitely something odd going on there... Looks like you went with a manual install. Are you on Windows?

Yes, i am using manual install, because Knossos does not identify the installed mods i have. So i stick myself to the FSOInstaller for mod updates.

And yes, i am using Windows.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Oh, a new MVP release. Nice.

Unfortunately they does not seem to work on my end.
If i load a mission, my game crashes right away :(.

Do not have this problem with 3.8 however.

Code: [Select]
=================== STARTING LEVEL DATA LOAD ==================
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file §§§§нннннннн for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file №к] for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file —
’ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file ( for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file рYQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file zь for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file 7 for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file 0[Q for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file §§§§ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file ђщ’ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file ( for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file  for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file PaQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file ,э for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file pYQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file §§§§ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file av for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file нннн for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file бЬ’ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file аkQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file Eю for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file џџџџџџџџ§§§§нннннннн for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file 0pQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file №к] for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file av for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file Ѓ’ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file  iQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file љь for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file  for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file €cQ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file §§§§нннннннн for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file k†’ for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file `]Q for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
SOUND ==> Could not open wave file Мь for streaming. Reason: File not found with any known extension.
Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\cfile\cfilesystem.cpp at line 1222
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 20 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 147 bytes
fs2_open_19_0_0_RC1_x64_AVX-FASTDBG.exe! <no symbol>
KERNEL32.DLL! BaseThreadInitThunk + 20 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlUserThreadStart + 33 bytes

Looks like something is corrupted. Try to redownload mv_effects.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
So MVPS 4.0 rely on the GOTY mission pack? Wouldn't it be easier to integrate the mission pack into MVPS since you're forcing its usage anyway?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
With the GOTY pack as a dependency, it won't load when mods use the MediaVPs and thus the missions won't load.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

What about the Arcadia with fixed docking points?

Hi g'morning.  First time posting, love this game since it was first release.  i've downloaded the new 4.0 on the knossos.   I tried to played on other campaigns like warzone for an example.  it loaded as 3.8.  There something I miss here?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Some mods have set themselves not to use newer version of the MediaVPs. It could be a mistake or the author wanted to make sure their mod wouldn't break with newer versions. The author of the mod will need to update the mod on Knossos for it to take advantage of 4.0.

I have a problem. It finished installing but I get "no executable found." How do I fix that?

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like the GOTY mission pack needed to be DLed
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:32:34 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Looking forward to trying this out but I'm getting an an odd glitch. When trying to open it - or mods that use it by the looks of it - the 'FSO is launching' message appears for a split second but then nothing happens. I have noticed this has happened before when major updates have been made and I'm sure it is something you guys will patch out as before, but I'm just making you aware of it.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Of course we are going to need an updated version of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1YC_gK-qo to show off the new eye candy  ;7
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Looking forward to trying this out but I'm getting an an odd glitch. When trying to open it - or mods that use it by the looks of it - the 'FSO is launching' message appears for a split second but then nothing happens. I have noticed this has happened before when major updates have been made and I'm sure it is something you guys will patch out as before, but I'm just making you aware of it.

Post your debug log please

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Thnaks for getting back to me so quickly :-)

Re - Debug log - is it this thing?

Cheers :-)

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
Opened log 'data/fs2_open.log', Sun Jan 13 22:56:38 2019 ...
  Initializing SDL...
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.8.0
Passed cmdline options:
  -ambient_factor 60
  -missile_lighting
  -no_emissive_light
  -3dshockwave
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -bloom_intensity 30
  -fxaa
  -fb_explosions
  -fb_thrusters
  -enable_shadows
  -cache_bitmaps
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -stretch_menu
  -mod vassagos_dirge-1.2.0,MVPS-3.8.2
  -parse_cmdline_only
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\vassagos_dirge-1.2.0\vassago_assets.vp' with a checksum of 0xbece6c89
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\vassagos_dirge-1.2.0\vassago_root.vp' with a checksum of 0x8c00bc6c
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0xaa083400
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_animglows.vp' with a checksum of 0x59d9b456
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x040bf9ff
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets_s.vp' with a checksum of 0x09bf6875
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets_t.vp' with a checksum of 0xbf6bf3ee
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets_v.vp' with a checksum of 0x28766e56
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_cb_ani_1.vp' with a checksum of 0xe74894ce
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0x704bef0b
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_CB_ANI_3.vp' with a checksum of 0x4dd494ae
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_Compatibility.vp' with a checksum of 0x8e4d6abc
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ad58327
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_music.vp' with a checksum of 0x12918c9a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_radaricons.vp' with a checksum of 0xb29bee49
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_root.vp' with a checksum of 0xf04deb91
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\vassagos_dirge-1.2.0\' ... 0 files
Searching root 'C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\MVPS-3.8.2\' ... 0 files
Searching root 'C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\' ... 5 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\vassagos_dirge-1.2.0\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\vassagos_dirge-1.2.0\vassago_assets.vp' ... 344 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\vassagos_dirge-1.2.0\vassago_root.vp' ... 35 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1654 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_animglows.vp' ... 1735 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets.vp' ... 1106 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets_s.vp' ... 190 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets_t.vp' ... 333 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_assets_v.vp' ... 209 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_cb_ani_1.vp' ... 26 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 31 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_CB_ANI_3.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\MV_Compatibility.vp' ... 943 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_effects.vp' ... 2080 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_radaricons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-3.8.2\mv_root.vp' ... 688 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 33 roots and 16892 files.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-lcl.tbm' ...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-lcl.tbm' ...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
game_settings.tbl(line 2): Error: Missing required token: [#END]. Found [$Target Version:] instead.

Error: game_settings.tbl(line 2):
Error: Missing required token: [#END]. Found [$Target Version:] instead.

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 290

Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\osapi\dialogs.cpp at line 355
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 20 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 162 bytes
fs2_open_3_8_0_x64_AVX-FASTDBG.exe! <no symbol>
KERNEL32.DLL! BaseThreadInitThunk + 20 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlUserThreadStart + 33 bytes

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:20:50 am by mjn.mixael »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That log shows you playing Vassago's Dirge with the 3.8 MediaVPs. I need a log of you trying MediaVPs 4.0.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
That log shows you playing Vassago's Dirge with the 3.8 MediaVPs. I need a log of you trying MediaVPs 4.0.

I was trying MediaVPs 4.0.  :P  I ran it again and the same thing happened. Is it trying to open up the wrong files or similar? That might explain why it isn't working properly.

Halp!  :)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Check if you're using the 19.0.0-RC1 build.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Check if you're using the 19.0.0-RC1 build.

Yup, looks like it it is.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Can you just run MediaVPs 4.0 without Vassago's Dirge please?

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Can you just run MediaVPs 4.0 without Vassago's Dirge please?

That is exactly what I am trying to do. It looks like it may be trying to open up VD for some reason.

Can I check I am following the correct process: 1) Open knossos. 2) Attempt to run the MVP 4.0 (Herc 2 icon) 3) Open Debug log. 4) Paste the results. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Cheers.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I just noticed that log is from January. So in Knossos, go to MediaVPs 4.0 and click the dropdown menu choose to run Fast Debug. After you finish that. Click that dropdown again and upload the debug log. Past the link it spits out here.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I just noticed that log is from January. So in Knossos, go to MediaVPs 4.0 and click the dropdown menu choose to run Fast Debug. After you finish that. Click that dropdown again and upload the debug log. Past the link it spits out here.

I figerd I was missing something. When I ran the debug log it said 'it was last run 300 days ago is this when you encountered? the problem? 'I clicked yes since I wasn't sure what to do and it spat out this.

https://fsnebula.org/log/5dcc29a4cb0d3322e768473d

Hope this helps :-)