Author Topic: Greetings earthlings!  (Read 1780 times)

Hi, i am Jethro, a long time lurker/modder/3D modeler on this board, although i used another nick name back then.
I used to be very active in regards to modding and freding the game (FSO, Diaspora and B5), mostly for personal enjoyment.

Round about 3-4 years ago, i lost interest in modding/ space sims, so i left everything behind and focused on RL stuff and World of Warships as my go-to game.
A couple of weeks ago, i started streaming Wargaming titles, mostly WoWS, but also WoT and WoWP.
While i enjoy these games, it can get a bit...monotonous...sometimes, so i decided to add other games to my list, like Mechwarrior Online, Cold Waters.

During my streams, i play various music and when the BSG playlist started playing, old memories surfaced.
So, i started watching BSG again (for the umpteenth billion time) and decided to stream Diaspora, FSO and maybe even the Blue Planet games over the upcoming holidays.

TBH, i haven't kept tabs on HLP ( i used to 'live' here), so i'm kinda sad to see that the board ain't longer as active as it once was.
And that long awaited Projects, went into Hibernation...  :(
And while i won't get back into modelling/ modding due to RL and the fact that i don't have 3DS Max anymore, i hope i can contribute in another way: by streaming the games.
Cause gaminng wise, i had the best years here on HLP and i hope to revive the old 'feeling'...and in the process maybe, just maybe, interrest one or two of my viewers for the awesome games created here.

As mentioned above, i only recently started streaming, so i don't have many viewers yet, but i'm working on it.

With the recent release of the MediaVPs, i consider FSO next to Diaspora, to be my 'top priority' as a non-Wargaming title.
And instead of spamming each sub forum with the same questions, i'll just ask here:

1. Do all the Standalone games (Diaspora, BP: WiH, BP: WiH2, Babylon 5, and the creepy one with the Stealth ship- Ascendant(?)...forgot the Name... :( ) work fine with the current nightlies?
2. Are shadow maps now fully integrated or do i need special builds?
3. When will FotG will be released? As a long timer here, i guess i knopw the answer already…  :P
4. When will Diaspora R2 come out?   …see above...

And i see the board kept it's air tight anti bot defenses...  :lol:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What was your old username?  ;)
Also.......
:welcomered:

Transcend you were thinking of...

1- should work with most nighties but SOME mods might not.  Best advice is to use the one recommended in the release thread.

2-  I have no idea 😂

3-as above

4- see 2
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Shadows are in the main code branch, so long as you enable the option.

1-TBP was only recently re-released; Diaspora IIRC was put on Knossos too, BP hasn't been updated in a while so no warranty there.
2-Yes fully integrated.
3-It's in Beta for over a year now, but ETA is unknown.
4-Seems rather far off to me but I'm not an insider.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
To be fair out of the list you have written only Diaspora and Babylon 5 are standalone; there's also Solaris which is quite recent.

Shadows are being used in FSO for quite a while now - also note that some time ago FSO got the support for HDR and PBR which are really cool.

The latest nightlies shouldn't have any problems with running these mods - after all, the SCP team does their best to keep the builds backward-compatible. In a case of problems you can of course report it and probably get a fix soon, or just revert to some older build.

Also, that's important. Install Knossos, install Knossos, install Knossos, install Knossos, install Knossos. :P https://fsnebula.org/knossos/

There's also a couple links that you might find handy, a "brochure" suggesting what mods you should start playing with https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80688.0 and something about lighting settings for your game to look nicer that you might find interesting https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Sample_Lighting_Settings. To see how nice FSO looks nowadays, take a peek into Screencap Contest topics that show up in general Freespace board, or have a look at Screenshot section of the Wiki.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Thx guys!

Will check Knossos out and DL all the Goodies.
Glad to hear that TBP got a new release, was long overdue.

Sad to hear that BP didn't get any updates, i guess RL takes a toll on everyone.
Still, hope i can make it work without much hassle with the shadow builds.

Transcend was the one! Will check that one out asap, cause i want to Show off, what the HLP community achieved even without all the Fancy stuff modern game engines come with.

Again, thx!

P.S. How many Posts do i have to make until the anti bot measure vanishes?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Oooh about a dozen or so?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png