Author Topic: Custom Header table?  (Read 3284 times)

Custom Header table?
Can I extract the header table and place it is /data and make small changes to it to customize it?  I am looking to use MVPS-4.1.23.  If where is the header table located so I can extract it and where would I place the  modified table (which /data) so that it would override the one in the VP file?

I have created a header table for The Babylon project so I am a bit familiar with the table but as of yet I have not figured where the header file is that is used for MVPS-4.1.23 and also not sure where to place it when I modify it.

Thanks

Re: Custom Header table?
Which table do you mean with "header table"?

The one that handles where the gauges are and other things.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hud_gauges.tbl is not a retail table, so you won't find one there. MediaVPs uses the modular version in MV_Root. MV_Root-hdg.tbm.

Additional details available on the wiki.

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Hud_gauges.tbl
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Well I extracted mv_root-hdg.tbm from   mv_root.vp and placed it in  K:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-4.1.23\data

I then modified one little item to test it out.  I moved it to .25 instead of .5 (which is how I tested FSPort to make sure it was working) but when I ran FSO using VPS-4.1.23 there was no change.  Here is what I changed

+Mini Target Shields:
   Origin: (0.25, 0.5)
   Offset: (-25, 86)
   Filename: 2_targhit1
   3 Digit Hull Offsets: (12,13)
   2 Digit Hull Offsets: (15,13)
   1 Digit Hull Offsets: (20,13)

So again I am pretty sure I have the correct file and I know what the change does on the screen but I am unsure as to where the extracted file should go if the above directory is not correct.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Well I extracted mv_root-hdg.tbm from   mv_root.vp and placed it in  K:\Games\FreespaceOpen\FS2\MVPS-4.1.23\data

It should be data/tables - the engine doesn't read table files out of place
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Duh..... must be age or lack of sleep.   Thanks