Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3032492 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Asante Sana Squash Banana.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

desperate they not parse sentence?

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
So after arriving back on Campus, I decided to swing by my favorite local restaurant for an early lunch. It's a nice little place, with a big black guy named Doug who takes your order an then wants to hear about your classes and family while he's cooking it, where the burgers are big and meaty and put Micky D's to shame, where the chicken bites (don't call them "nuggets" around Doug) are twice as big as what you get at a fast food chain and are actually filled with hot chicken meat, and, best of all, you can dip 'em in Doug's preposterously strong homemade hotsauce. And that's to say nothing of Nick and Veronica, who run the coffee counter and will make you coffee to order, fresh, and strong- they've won an award for their Mocha, which a lot of students call "sanity maintenance fluid"). Oh, and before I forget, their chairs are comfy.

I get there, and find out that the place got bought by a big restaurant chain.  :(
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The daily mail 0_o

meh DM sensationalism at its most desperate

I expect they'll soon converge on "WHY IS THINGS" as a goto headline for everything they cannot comprehend.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Stag party pain... so much pain...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
My life in the last several months? Freelance work, detonation of Microsoft spyware, and beating Linux black and blue.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
a(y^128) lmao

Why are PCs like air conditioners? They stop working properly if you open Windows!

If Windows is the solution, can we please have the problem back?

How many Microsoft programmers does it take to change a lightbulb? None. Bill Gates will just redefine Darkness(TM) as the new industry standard.

Microsoft is not the answer - Microsoft is the question and "No" is the answer!

What if Bill Gates had a dime for every time Windows Vista crashed... Oh, wait a minute, he already does!

What's the difference between a virus and windows? Viruses rarely fail.

Windows: Just another pain in the glass

Windows: The Gates of hell

Who the **** is General Failure? And why is he reading my harddisk?

If Microsoft manufactured cars, every time they repainted the lines on the roads you’d have to buy a new car.

How did Microsoft break Volkswagen's world record? Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!

What's the difference between windows 95 and highly destructive unstoppable virus? About 90 Megs of hard disk space.

<us98> hi
<us98> I've windows 98 installed on my computer
<Sygrke> ok
<us98> now i have a problem
<Sygrke> you repeat yourself dude

Eberlin: Nothing accelerates windows like a good ol' fashioned 9.8m/s^2

@(DonoftheDead) They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you hear satanic messages. That's nothing, because if you play it forwards it installs Windows.

<Glen> hi, I am explorer.exe. sometimes when you are doing anything at all, I will just freeze for ten minutes. All of my brother and sister windows will also freeze, because they are sad for me. Maybe we will come back, maybe not, it will be a surprise!
<Alex> Ohh the suspense
<Glen> it is like a thriller novel
<Alex> A race against time
<Glen> a twisted web of deceit
<Glen> a woman without a past, a detective without a future
<Glen> a file browsing application without proper thread isolation

<Psinic> windows 98 is like that drunk uncle that thinks he knows everything and always tries to convince you he was a CIA operative, and when you argue, he gets violent and then passes out.

<Sefy> I found 1 error in windows XP
<Dested> Oh i guess thats not that bad
<Sefy> **** brb, my zero key isnt working

[edit]

The instructions said to install Microsoft Windows(tm) XP or better, so I installed Linux.

<NiffTuRNaL> its ok BenZor
<NiffTuRNaL> windows isnt real
<NiffTuRNaL> its just a fairytale linux users use to scare their kids

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Trying to convert over to my new 500 GB SSD.  Samsung's data migration software is terribad.  It says I need an additional 52 GB of space, even though I'm already about 40 GB under the drive size.  The cloning software is trying to let me exclude files, but only media files that it scans for.  I can tell it to scan specific folders, but I can't just select a damn folder to exclude.  That's just common goddamn sense.  Who the hell designed this?  That must have been harder to implement than just letting me select my own goddamn files and folders.  I have a 62 GB music folder, but only about 2 GB of that are detected and exclude-able with this POS software.  Likewise for pictures.  And god knows what this is going to do to the file structure.  Just leave a bunch of empty folders?  Just throw everything that wasn't excluded into one pile?  Also, It keeps freezing and hanging.

Someone please tell me a better way to do this.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That moment when you realize that the reason you haven't been seeing any new SCP-related threads is because you've accidentally had the forum section collapsed for a few months...

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That moment when you realize that the reason you haven't been seeing any new SCP-related threads is because you've accidentally had the forum section collapsed for a few months...

*clicks unread posts since last visit*
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, but there are some subfolders I don't go into too much, and I'd rather control which ones I'm seeing at any given time.  It works well when I don't act like a total derp.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
My computer is pissing me off.  Moved a ****load of files around my disks that I'll have to move again after setting up the SSD to get under the arbitrary size limit.  Cloning failed anyway.  Googling error code comes up empty.  Firefox is ****ing up when opening links.  About half the time it just shows a blank page.  Have to copy the address bar, close at least that window/tab (sometimes all of firefox) and paste it into a newly opened window.  Refreshing firefox did not fix it, and caused me to lose some data in the process.  First started happening two updates ago I believe.  And finally, I can't delete the goddamn windows folder off of my oldest drive that was cloned onto the newer SSHD (that I'm now trying to get onto the SSD).  Originally it said I needed permission from "TrustedInstaller" to do it, which honestly at first sounds like malware infected me.  Google told me how to take ownership of the folder.  All that accomplished is that I now need 'permission' from my damn self (the account I'm currently fking running and the only one on the computer) to delete it.  I made sure I gave my account (and everything else just to make sure) full permissions, but that didn't help.

Goddamnit.  Go die in a fire Microsoft, Samsung and Mozilla.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Honestly it sounds like you'd be better off just starting off fresh with the SSD and copying stuff over manually (provided you can get the rest of the stuff working properly anyway).  I did a fresh OS install on my Samsung SSD and didn't have any issues whatsoever.  (Well actually it installed the system reserved partition on a separate HDD because I was dumb, but I figured out how to completely ditch that eventually.)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
That's going to be a giant pain in the ass that I don't want.  This install has spent 5 years getting slowly tweaked and set up to where it is now, and it would drive me nuts to ditch all of that.  There's stuff I have installed that I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get back.  All kinds of mods, patches and tweaks from every dark corner of the internet I'd never be able to find again.  And stuff like my creative drivers that took days to get working, and I never knew how I finally managed it.  Half of the point of getting the SSD for me was that it shouldn't matter if it's not a fresh, neat install to a clean drive.

I don't know what exactly is going to happen with all the data, but xkcd is taking a random survey of all the people who care to do the survey. It's fun! Do it! Let's skew some statistics!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PhEmGqYI84n6WmqifWf8ExLNe3EVBLcBPs1owYXWfPs/viewform
link to the comic it's posted on: http://www.xkcd.com/1572/

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Finally got the SSD up and running.  Now to figure out the best way to install and run games and other large programs from the HDD.  Haven't decided yet if I want to try to move the games I left installed before the clone over to the HDD at this point.  Does simply running programs on an SSD create wear, or is it mainly just writing to it?

And HOLY **** firefox is pissing me off with these damn blank pages.  Glad I have pale moon now.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Treated myself to PS4 earlier in week with mgsv. So much win.
Maroon metallic with gold trim.

So much awesome

Love my diamond dogs. ...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Today at work, in recognition of my dedication and sacrifice by working more than 700 hours overtime so far this year, I was awarded...

$50.  In the form of 'Earn Store' credit.  Wherein one finds such things as T-shirts and lunch bags with the shipyard logo on them.  They do have one legitimately nice thing, a Leatherman.  It's $65.  No, I can't pay the difference in cash.

I feel valued.  Oh wait, there was that 4 hours of leave they gave me for something else non-specific a while back too. 

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I'm back!  On September 7, I broke my left fibula and tibia.  Not a compound fracture, but close - the bone damaged the underside of the skin.  I was hurling something, and as I twisted I lost my balance.  I threw my left leg out and heard a snap, and when I looked down my foot was sticking out at about a 60 degree angle from vertical.  My first broken bones, and my first ambulance ride!  They did two surgeries that day, including installing plates and 19 screws, and I got to come home from the hospital late Friday night.  I have to keep my leg elevated most of the time and can't put any weight on it for 6 weeks.  I had no idea how exhausting it is to use a walker.  At least I have decent insurance, and my job is secure, with paid leave.  Gonna put a hold though on adding to my new PC fund - I don't see me talking the wife into dropping in a few bucks a week, since to her this 2008 build is just fine!  :)

Today is the fist time I have sat down at my desktop since before the injury.   I had hoped to get in a round or two of freespace, but I have to sit at a 90 degree angle ot the desk cuz my foot won't fit under, so I guess no games for a while.  I've probably sat here long enough anyway today.

Deathspeed out!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Owwwww.  Glad to hear you're (somewhat) up and about!