Author Topic: RELEASE: GTGs Prominence  (Read 56507 times)

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
RELEASE: GTGs Prominence
RELEASE! I fixed the pof (those who got it early via PM will need to redownload since the turrets were ****ed up), and finished the shinemap and normal map. The only real issue is that it's not smoothed, and there's no way I'm reimporting and re-POFnig the entire thing. Maybe if I go over all my models later on I'll do that. If someone else wants to re-POF with smoothing or maybe resize it (I made it smaller than I had said originally; it fits better with my other designs and FS ships are frakking huge) I will send over the blend file.

The name is "Prominence", courtesy of Battuta.

[EDIT] Now includes epic smoothing by DROID803!

Download

Just put the folders in the data subfolder of your mod folder. If you don't have a mod folder why are you downloading ships
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:41:27 pm by Shivan Hunter »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Starting a gunship (needs a name)
Don't call it a gunship.  It makes us TBP people cringe. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
This gunship is not being made for TBP (although of course any mods/campaigns may use it and can call it whatever they want). In the universe this is for, I decided to do away with the Cruiser/Destroyer mix-up and so named smaller military ships "gunships" (along with "jumpships" that carry small fighter complements) while larger ones (FS destroyers) will be "battleships". (A larger differentiated class, "Cruisers"/"Frigates", may also exist).

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
You missed the point.  Gunships in TBP use an object type "gunship" that the engine doesn't have defined so the AI goes nuts.  Thus the cringe at the mention of the term. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Ah, OK. Good old objecttypes... :P

Yeah it acts exactly like a FS cruiser, so it'll be using "Cruiser".

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Interesting design with the shell idea; reminds vaguely of the Vaygr Flagship from Homeworld 2 (heavy armour shell with the rest of the ship underneath). Shall was watching this space with much interest. :yes:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Technically, it would be a gunboat, rather than gunship.
"Gunship" (today) refers to attack helicopters, while gunboat is small, heavly armed naval ship.
FS gunship would most likely be a bomber sized craft with sliding thrusters and a lot of primaries.

I'd called it "Turtle!"  :D. Let it not bite our limbs off thank you.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
gtgs undetailed slab
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Brick
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
But Gunship sounds COOLER!!!

:cool:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

If you name small ships after particles, perhaps you can name large ships after something similar? Elements, for example? GTGs Wolfram...

Offline PeterX

• Peter
Wolfram also can be a name of a scientist developed a weapon an special engine or special cloaking tech.
The classname can be a name of an area likes Arizona or Bengal....
Exapmle Name:GTGb(s) Aaron Wolfram Class:GTGb(s) Dublin...... or same other names and classes....
Peter
If i can´t model any ship then i use "flying trains" :-)

If you name small ships after particles, perhaps you can name large ships after something similar? Elements, for example? GTGs Wolfram...

:yes:  Wolfram is on my list of names to use.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Wolfram makes me think of Wolfram Mathworld/Wolfram|Alpha and Mathematica. Therefore, it is truly an awesome ship name and is in consideration.

Any others?

(BTW I probably can't make much progress this week due to uni stuff, but this weekend I might be able to get some more detailing done)

Offline PeterX

• Peter
Wolfram is a sign for higest heat resistance and was chemistry scientist,i think.
If it´s a offence weapon carrier then you can use names of generals on nameplates as GTGb Custer,Nimitz,Yamoto and so on.
Peter
If i can´t model any ship then i use "flying trains" :-)

Offline -Sara-

Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
meh, ive been naming ships after black metal bands and members there of.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

GTGs Lepton or Quark (unless you want to save the smallest things for fighters, if so then Protium would also work).
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
 :bump:

So, just started working on this thing again. Got some detailing done, worked on both control towers (upper and lower) and I'm planning to start on the area around the engines.

Showing turret placements and engine design (the engines look skinnier than they should):

Detailing on the underside: