Author Topic: SB Nephilim WIP  (Read 18728 times)

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I actually started this one before the Taurvi but ended up having a bad case of developers block before it got very far. Completely scraped it and started again just before Christmas and here are the results thus far. Still much work to do yet but it's along far enough for you all to get an idea of where I'm going with it. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I like that serrated blade-edge.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Me too!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Wow! Really cool!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

I'll be a ***** and just say those gunpods just look to Terran-ish to me.... make 'em less.. regular...
I do like how the central bit wound up :yes:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'll be a ***** and just say those gunpods just look to Terran-ish to me.... make 'em less.. regular...
I do like how the central bit wound up :yes:
I'm going to be a real ***** and say they are fine as they are. Shivans are not bugs.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I like it as well. That design is very Shivan. Don't see anything there that looks Terran at all.

Less than three the serrated edge.

Possibly you could thin out the spikes on the right side... They look weird atm.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
BEAST!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It looks really well, there is a slight "terran" feeling on the gunpods, but the original also had it.
Textures will take care of it anyway, just like they did on the retail Nephilim.

Offline Kolgena

Shivans don't have cylindrical bombs as of the latest VP. Fix that at least in the pods and I will love it. (I'm also getting a bit of a Terran vibe from the pods, but I bet textures will fix that.)

Edit: Impressive ninja, Dragon.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Shivans don't have cylindrical bombs as of the latest VP.
Deployed wings after launch. ;)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
it's flipped left-right

you are violating C-P symmetry

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wow, nice model you got there.

I'm starting to like Shivans..
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That thing is lookin' mean. :yes:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That's not bad at all, the only place I see which could use some improvement is the head, which is still a bit too sharp looking, and I made a demonstration model (quickie) to show at I think might look cooler on the Neph;

(the one with the three circles is the demonstration model, the other is what is similar to retail geometry) I also didn't add those three spikes and the detail because, well, it's only a demonstration model of the shape. :p
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:48:20 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hmm... I'm not sure. The deep red triangle is distinctive on the Nephilim. :nervous:

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Personally I like Hades' idea.  As the artist for the Inferno Team, I gave eyes to many Shivan strikecrafts with dazzling results.

Offline peterv

I like Hades' idea too  :yes:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
In some instances, sharp angularity is helpful for the model aesthetic - it might also be helpful from a design perspective as well. In the case of the FS1 Shivans, retaining a degree of your angularity is not a bad design decision for a heavily armed and armored craft such as the Nephilim. If you decide to apply some curvature to the main "triangular pit" structure, I would suggest that you keep such curvature subtle and well-smoothed - you ought to not see any breaks in the line without zooming in closely.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't like what Hades is proposing, the round bevelling of the thing just doesn't look right.
I like how it is very sharp looking.

Also, I don't think it should have the eyes either. It's supposed to be a triangular pit, and it looks great on the current hi poly model pictures.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================