Author Topic: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.5  (Read 377681 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.2.1
That's not the same reason.  Mediafire links require going through a gateway page to generate a temporary client token.  Copying and pasting the url and getting a download required no such interaction at all, it went straight to downloading the file.  There may be another distinct reason for sectorgame but it's not like mediafire I don't think.  Perhaps enforcing single downloads at a time and UA spoofing might be sufficient?  Or perhaps the timeouts I got is their bot control?  I got three or four files to start downloading, which I canceled each time, before it started timing out for like half an hour.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:31:51 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I'm sorry for the inconvenience in downloading the Aftermath Reboot. I'm currently resolving that matter.

CloudFlare may a protocol similar to Captha.

Offline Axem

That's quite unfortunate. That was one of the great reasons to use fsfiles. :(

Actually I don't think the FSOInstaller ever connected to FSFiles.  It only downloaded a couple of things from SectorGame itself.  FSFiles should still work for manual downloading.

Well isn't FS Files is on Sectorgame? If the installer was trying to use this url for its files, then it was using Sectorgame. (I could be mistaken since I don't know exactly where the installer would be getting Aftermath Reboot from)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
The Aftermath is using FSFiles (SectorGames). The Installer File I've sent is using that link. Anyway, I have an update coming and I will send an updated Installer File to Goober. He also adviced me to look for other file hosting sites that supports direct bot download which will be a little bit challenging since most of those sites have the Captha feature. Damn the virus programmers. I will try ModDB.

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
Unfortunately we were booted from Incapsula for exceeding their free bandwidth. They asked $500 to continue using the service... so I had no choice but to switch to Cloudflare.
The installer is blocked by default, even with security set to 'essentially off' -  If we can't figure out a work around I might look into removing FSFILES entirely from cloud caching and just go raw, leaving the rest of Sectorgame on cloudflare.

Edit: It should be noted that the server bandwidth is unlimited, it is merely Incapsula that don't like high traffic on their free plan.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:46:09 am by Hunter »
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I can host a limited number of project files on my own site. I have unlimited space and bandwidth, but it's a shared plan so there's an arbitrary limit to resource usage (which I have yet to find even when BtA was getting very heavy traffic on release).

Send me your files and I'll host them for you.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I have purchased a fleet of VPS systems each with fairly high bandwidth allocations, but not much storage.  It would be interesting to see if Knossos could support a system in which they could automatically mirror the most in-demand files.

Transfer limits and storage capacities include:
HDD      Transfer
10GB      1TB
25GB      750GB
30GB      2TB
40GB      500GB
30GB      2TB
50GB      2TB
15GB      1TB

These all already have some space consumed by an OS and an FS2 barebones VP set for running a standalone server, but there's enough left over to help I imagine.  If we came up with a system for doing this it would be nice for anyone else interested to set up some VPS server accounts such as these.  None of those costs more than $2 a month.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
FreeSpace Files should now work again with the installer. :)
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
I have purchased a fleet of VPS systems each with fairly high bandwidth allocations, but not much storage.  It would be interesting to see if Knossos could support a system in which they could automatically mirror the most in-demand files.
That sounds like an interesting idea. I'll look into it once I finish the new UI for Knossos (which should be soon  :nervous:).

If someone needs a new mirror for FS2 stuff in the future, I can offer a server which has a monthly bandwith of 30TB. Just PM me if you're interested.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
FreeSpace Files should now work again with the installer. :)

If someone needs a new mirror for FS2 stuff in the future, I can offer a server which has a monthly bandwith of 30TB. Just PM me if you're interested.

Great news on both. :)  I updated the first page of the thread.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hey Goober, I'm having issues getting the DELETE command to work properly. It deleted 1/3 files I want to be deleted. Did I do this correctly?

Code: [Select]
NAME
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos
DESC
This mod requires FSOpen 3.8 and the complete 2014 MediaVPs.
Download Size: 2.2GB

We defeated the Shivans but it wasn't without loss. Our world is gone and we are left in confusion. Where do we go from here? Who do we trust? We stand in the rubble and yet we must learn to how to survive when the Destroyers return.

Admiral Po of the GTD Intrepid will travel to Antares asking these same questions. Fly for the Admiral in the 47th as a surprising turn of events offer an answer.

THIS MOD WAS DESIGNED FOR FSO VERSION 3.8
ENDDESC
FOLDER
\
DELETE
BtA SOC\BTA1_Anims2.vp
BtA SOC\BTA1_720Movies.vp
BtA SOC\BTA1_1080Movies.vp
URL
http://www.mixhaipro.com/fso/downloads/Between%20The%20Ashes/
BtA1_Anims1.7z
BtA1_Core.7z
BtA1_Maps.7z
BtA1_Movies.7z
BtA1_Music.7z
BtA1_Root.7z
BtA1_Voice.7z
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Anims1.vp
13cfd89be56f2f290deaf62af2d804c6
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Core.vp
1b03ab1e9929ec8f11bae5a64f8c036d
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Maps.vp
9a3234b6578efc0d1afb163bfc87cd0d
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Movies.vp
fc9e5c853b5c8d0a027cb0249b9732ce
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Music.vp
fbd92043c05b47cb289aaf8a22cf0720
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Root.vp
f98572b02cdf1532ae1156a037bd4026
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Voice.vp
ebfde5878a799b625a0985cfa8112650
VERSION

NAME
BtA Advanced Maps & Effects
DESC
This VP contains high resolution textures and effects.
ENDDESC
FOLDER
\
URL
BtA1_Advanced.7z
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Advanced.vp
af9d543fe1736617497ba4e0e17a3a1b
VERSION
END

DEPENDENCIES
  2014 FSU MediaVPs
  2014 FSU MediaVPs.MV_Assets
  2014 FSU MediaVPs.MV_Effects
ENDDEPENDENCIES

VERSION
END
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
You have to repeat the DELETE line for each file you want to delete. However, it's been a while since I've last looked at the Installer code so I might be wrong about that.

Code: [Select]
NAME
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos
DESC
This mod requires FSOpen 3.8 and the complete 2014 MediaVPs.
Download Size: 2.2GB

We defeated the Shivans but it wasn't without loss. Our world is gone and we are left in confusion. Where do we go from here? Who do we trust? We stand in the rubble and yet we must learn to how to survive when the Destroyers return.

Admiral Po of the GTD Intrepid will travel to Antares asking these same questions. Fly for the Admiral in the 47th as a surprising turn of events offer an answer.

THIS MOD WAS DESIGNED FOR FSO VERSION 3.8
ENDDESC
FOLDER
\
DELETE
BtA SOC\BTA1_Anims2.vp
DELETE
BtA SOC\BTA1_720Movies.vp
DELETE
BtA SOC\BTA1_1080Movies.vp
URL
BtA1_Anims1.7z
BtA1_Core.7z
BtA1_Maps.7z
BtA1_Movies.7z
BtA1_Music.7z
BtA1_Root.7z
BtA1_Voice.7z
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Anims1.vp
13cfd89be56f2f290deaf62af2d804c6
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Core.vp
1b03ab1e9929ec8f11bae5a64f8c036d
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Maps.vp
9a3234b6578efc0d1afb163bfc87cd0d
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Movies.vp
fc9e5c853b5c8d0a027cb0249b9732ce
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Music.vp
fbd92043c05b47cb289aaf8a22cf0720
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Root.vp
f98572b02cdf1532ae1156a037bd4026
VERSION
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Voice.vp
ebfde5878a799b625a0985cfa8112650
VERSION

NAME
BtA Advanced Maps & Effects
DESC
This VP contains high resolution textures and effects.
ENDDESC
FOLDER
\
URL
BtA1_Advanced.7z
HASH
MD5
BtA SOC\BTA1_Advanced.vp
af9d543fe1736617497ba4e0e17a3a1b
VERSION
END

DEPENDENCIES
  2014 FSU MediaVPs
  2014 FSU MediaVPs.MV_Assets
  2014 FSU MediaVPs.MV_Effects
ENDDEPENDENCIES

VERSION
END

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
ngld is correct, the DELETE only works on the line immediately following it.  Only the X...ENDX tokens will work on multiple lines.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.1.10
Also, work is currently in the pipeline to make an EXE version of the Installer available for people who can't or don't want to run the JAR version.

I'd like to raise this again since it didn't go anywhere. I still think it's a problem since there are quite a few posts from people who apparently can't run the JAR file. Here's a recent example from a user who claims he installed Java (although I guess that wasn't successful since the he still couldn't open the JAR file).

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Turey is the one who has access to the utility that will create an EXE out of a JAR.  I'll send him another message.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Turey is the one who has access to the utility that will create an EXE out of a JAR.  I'll send him another message.

You might want to have a gander here for an in-depth article, and here for the goods (looks to be we would qualify for a free license, not sure, but if not, there are other applications that do the same thing that I could hunt down).

EDIT: One such application, that's actually cross-platform, can be found here (might want to use
 that instead of the above *shrug*).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:15:58 am by jr2 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Excelsior JET is what Turey used.  GCJ appears to no longer be supported.  I'll take a look at Launch4J.

its been years since i played freespace.  i still had it installed, with an old version of the installer,  updated the installer, ran it  and it closed  multiple times without an error(during the download/install) with a file added to the Dir ware i ran the installer from. I'm running the most current version of java(8 update 131) don't know what else to do other than post the file hear.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Hm, looks like a segfault happened when the 7zip bindings tried to communicate with the JVM and at one point the installer ran out of memory.
I have no idea how that would happen. I think the installer generates a logfile which would help in this case but I can't remember where that file would be. Sorry. I guess you'll have to wait for Goober.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Been pretty busy this week, but I'll see if I can take a look at this.  But yes, I'll need to see the log files.  Zip up the logs folder, which should be a subfolder in the location where you ran the Installer.

I did see something odd in the logfile you attached.  You're not running this under Cygwin, are you?