Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 87615 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
oooh, pretty.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
It's all modeled, and it was probably a ***** to UV map, much like the girders on the Orion (Thanks HADES).
Actually, I'm pretty proud of the UV map :pimp:. It wasn't so hard to do, just really tedious. Luckily, this one doesn't really have much curves. Overall it took less than a week IIRC.

And the Apollo just needs to be UV Mapped afaik.
Hades, gib me.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It looks beautiful!
el hombre vicio...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The Apollo still needs a modeled cockpit plus I'm not entirely happy with out parts like the main body came out, plus I need to also redo the canopy to be more bubble-like to fit the original Apollo. It's been on the backburner.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

You guys managed to uvmap it :D???? I'm impressed. The toughest part is behind you ;) Guess we won't have to worry about the final effect from now on.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Is there gonna be a version with the side-mounted multi-part turrets to match the one on the box art?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Wow. The most overused FS2 ship at least looks good now. Not that it's much of an excuse to use it even more, but it's very pretty now. :) Great job, looking forward to seeing it fully textured. It captured the "essence" of the Deimos class very well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's ~probably the best FS2 Terran warship to FRED with.

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Is there gonna be a version with the side-mounted multi-part turrets to match the one on the box art?

I was honestly unaware the Deimos had those on the box art. Learn something new every day I suppose.

Also, the fact that everyone says this thing is pretty even though I haven't even gotten to masking each color to specific parts of the model and doing the detail work surprises me. All I did was slap a Molybdenum and Thick Machine Paint material on! (With some masking work of course)
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Hypothetical question: If Rga Noris were to finish his Moloch. Would anybody be interested in seeing a rerender of the FS2 box art using PBR materials in the Cycles rendering engine?

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
I'm not entirely happy with out parts like the main body came out, plus I need to also redo the canopy to be more bubble-like to fit the original Apollo.
Quiet you.
We do need a 2 seater variant so mjn has something to use for the updated cutscenes, though.

Also, the fact that everyone says this thing is pretty even though I haven't even gotten to masking each color to specific parts of the model and doing the detail work surprises me. All I did was slap a Molybdenum and Thick Machine Paint material on! (With some masking work of course)
Well, I at least only said it was better, but then I am salty like that.

Hypothetical question: If Rga Noris were to finish his Moloch. Would anybody be interested in seeing a rerender of the FS2 box art using PBR materials in the Cycles rendering engine?
Very much yes, though what i've really been hoping for is a remastered FS2 opening cutscene so that someone can do a remake of the trailer
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline TacOne

• Dabbling Modder
That Deimos looks awesome, and that's just with the blank material. Can't wait for it to finish.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The model is just that good, I suppose. :) That's probably what is being praised, without textures you can see all the fine detailing, which becomes very subtle once textures are applied.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I was honestly unaware the Deimos had those on the box art. Learn something new every day I suppose.

Note the two flank-side turrets on the upper frontal segment near the dorsal turrets.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Yes, I did my research.  :p

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
I've begun color masking the Deimos. I've used colors that are close to the retail/mvps colors to help me remember which paint color I need to use.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
It actually resembles a Deimos now.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's looking guud!
el hombre vicio...