Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 581059 times)

Offline rhx123

BTW I can spawn mobs - so if anyone/a group feels like going to the end, I can re-spawn another benderdragon so people can fight it again.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
BTW I can spawn mobs - so if anyone/a group feels like going to the end, I can re-spawn another benderdragon so people can fight it again.

Spawn three of them
At the same time
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
How not? Go to The End, float to Enderdragon (SMP bug needs you to get to island first), let Qaz switch off floating ability and battle it fair and square. It broke half of my diamond armour. Luckily the new armour system of 1.0 of MC doesn't let you lose health if armour is not too damaged.

Weird I didn't have to float, I spawned on an obsidian platform at the edge of the island.

How did you managed to take out the remaining healer block things though? I got most of them with arrows but blocks couldnt be placed in there to allow me to get the highest ones. Also the enderdragon didn't have a hp bar when I was in there either.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Yeah, that block placement bug is a permissions config problem, I'll get it sorted after super fun happy family christmas time has finished
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No snow golems in New TrashMania without my persmission pls.

Getting rid of all the snow isn't fun.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Bah the new high speed rail is being annoying...we skip every station we get to. Don't suppose we could just use normal speed? :\
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Did I ever mention how much I loathe the item despawning system?  I was booted off the server and decided to try some SP, since it's been a while.  I was trying to stumble across a Nether Stronghold, but since Notch made the Nether such a royal pain in the ass to even walk across, I ran into some trouble, and I eventually slipped off a ledge and into the lava sea.  I was actually proud of myself at this point, as I managed to punch a hole in the Netherrack right next to it and make it to dry land before dying.  I knew generally where I'd died, so I cruised back there, and after breaking my way through the edge of the pool, I could see most of my stuff sitting there waiting for me.  I finally got over...and the **** despawned when I was right next to it.  That should not happen.  Period.  And of course my stuff included my first gold nugget, and more depressingly, my first Ghast tear.  And I still haven't found a goddamn Nether fortress.

(The worst part was, if I'd taken the 30 seconds to make a stone pick before rushing back there, I probably would have been able to break through in time. Ugh.)

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
The timer on item despawning doesn't start until the chunk the items are in is loaded, so if you can manage to avoid going near your items while you find the most direct route to them, you should be able to avoid losing them.
When Australia burned.

I did log out once and found some random blocks still laying around the next day at the same spots they used to be, so I believe Grimper's right about that. A shame nonetheless that you lost all those items.

In my neck of the woods i'm continuing to stealthily construct and build more all over the area, especially in lower areas. I suggest occasionally visiting both my Keep and Fort and their surroundings to see the progress made, would be happy to show around when I'm on too. :) As usual I'm hoping to see what others are constructing, big and small, it's fascinating to see the evolution of the server's world.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline rhx123

@trashman: y u no have christmas spirit?

@grimper I just got back from holiday but when i'm sorted unpacking and shiz i'll reduce the speed of that above ground line so the stations work fine.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
So, I decided to go on another walkabout on the Qaz/Rhx server after getting killed by a spider, a skeleton, and a zombie in the main spawn plaza out towards Pred's "Sand Castle" (I think it what the sign says).  (Would an armory of stone swords be a bad idea?)

Found my way to one of the train stations that that use the new high speed rail.  Figured lets go to New Trashmania so, off I went.  Holy **** that is fast!  I didn't think minecraft could blur the torches as they flew by. :D  Also, on approach to the New Trashmania Terminus, I somehow picked a minecart up.

Typical train grand train terminus...

Arrived just before sunset, lets try this "test" rail line.

Hmm, watch your step.

Oh, I see, I wasn't supposed to go on this...

Well, this looks like a nice house,  well, decorated, congratulations.

Oh, sun is rising, lets kill a few minutes to let the mobs burn.

Hmm, either the gatehouse or the keep. Lets check it out.

Well manicured lawn

So, its the keep.

Pretty nice

Unfinished in places though.

The place...

Unfinished apparently...

Hmm, spiders.  Lost to just one last time (no sword).

Okay, on back to the town, must be the governors house.

Snow?  Looks like it outside.

Ooh, the gates.

Some doors...

Outside of the train station during the day (just inside the gates).

Hmm, sun sets and it starts raining... :)

Might be a tavern

Yes it is. The "Stinking Weasel Tavern".

Hmm, I wonder what they have on tap.

Shot of the keep from an unfinished room at the inn.

Suns coming up, off to the cathedral we seen yesterday.

Ohh, creeper trying to ambush me.

At a distance

Lava pit?

Ahh...

Probably not supposed to be up here (but nice view).

From the balcony

Seems there was fairly heavy fog after the rain. The town from a bell tower.

Ah, so I was right, its the manor house

Nice banner work

Well, sun is set, so its time to leave, I only had two days here

Ah, good, the turnstile is still open so I can get home tonight.

In summary, The New Trashmainia is imposing and inspiring but incomplete. A must see destination even in its incomplete state.  Remember to bring a sword. Must revisit when finished.  I would suggest that better signage, at very least, instructions from the train station to the tavern would be very helpful.

From a more technical perspective, apart from the being attacked by a spider that was 5 blocks away, the drop in lag on this server is amazing, I was able to transit the rapid subcart without severe warping.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:11:34 pm by Iss Mneur »
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline rhx123

Those pictures (awsome) made my poor netbook cry.
Would you mind if I used some of them for a website I am working on for the server?
Glad the HS railway worked for you btw.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The timer on item despawning doesn't start until the chunk the items are in is loaded, so if you can manage to avoid going near your items while you find the most direct route to them, you should be able to avoid losing them.
Unfortunately, I had to do a bit of digging down a cliff face to get back to the spot, so I had to keep the chunk loaded for a while.  If I had followed my instincts and grabbed another pickax instead of rushing back there, I probably could have made it.

Seriously, though, why does the Nether have to be such a pain in the ass to move through? I can understand the deadly lava and fearsome creatures and such, but at least lose some of the oh-hey-land-is-50-meters-below-you moments. :p

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
New TrashMania bord of tourism would like to thank the visitor for helping advertise our great kingdom.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I really have to revisit New Trashmania to see how far it's come since it was just an incomplete gate and few hundred blocks of wall.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Those pictures (awsome) made my poor netbook cry.
Would you mind if I used some of them for a website I am working on for the server?
Glad the HS railway worked for you btw.
Thanks. I had a to wait a few times to allow the chunks to load (some of the shots that I didn't post have some fun parts missing like the second layer of the wall making it look like a picket fence).

Sure.  The rest of my (good) shots can be found: http://issmneur.ca/minecraft/
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

We really need to find some way to get NPC characters to live in Trashmania btw, it seems like it'll work fine being almost fully flat land.

There's plenty to discover when you scout ahead the different directions, though sometimes you'll have to have a love for natural generated areas in between to appreciate it best (I really love the area somewhat north of Trashman's huge wall, south-eastern of my area, for instance). As you may expect there'll be more and more to discover in due time in and around New Trashmania.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Well screw it
I'm no longer building a city. I quit Minecraft

That drained me of all motivation to continue any project. Ever.
"No"

Offline watsisname

?  What happened? :[
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
He saw trashmania I think.
When Australia burned.