Author Topic: Lorric asks about April Fools  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Lorric

Lorric asks about April Fools
It happened once.

:P
Was that part of "the plan" or did he do that on his own?

Re: Lorric asks about April Fools
Just hypothetically, if Admins can un-admin and admin people, could PH have un-Admin'd all the admins, and taken control of HLP?

no, i was on my phone at the time and my thumbs can only move so fast
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Lorric

It happened once.

:P
Was that part of "the plan" or did he do that on his own?
Wait, I think I get this now (correct me if I'm wrong)

The admins just took over a banned person's account, made it an admin, and were in control of the rest themselves. Just a sock puppet account.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No. An0n actually got control and ****ed **** up.

Offline Lorric

No. An0n actually got control and ****ed **** up.
You're messing with me. I've read the whole thread now. Sock puppet account. Admins talking about trust in one thread and in the other they put a BANNED PERSON in charge of HLP?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It was intended as a joke, then it went wrong and an0n was actually an admin. an0n was never (ahahaha) a sock puppet.

Offline Lorric

It was intended as a joke, then it went wrong and an0n was actually an admin. an0n was never (ahahaha) a sock puppet.
I don't believe you.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
*shrug* My mistake for taking you off ignore. That's the truth as best as I know it, and any mistake is honest.

I'll admit to being confused here too, the tail end of the 'new rules' thread has a lot of people saying it was the admins behind it all along.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Christ, there is no confusion. an0n was a real person, not a sockpuppet. That is 100% verifiable.

OK but like the theory there is that the admins took control of an0n's account while he was banned and pulled off the whole prank, not that he was a sockpuppet from the start.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That's never the way it's been told to me and it's not what I remember. I guess I could have confabulated something but what I've always known is that there was a prank to make an0n an admin and then it went wrong (because an0n was much better at security stuff than the admins).

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
That's never the way it's been told to me and it's not what I remember. I guess I could have confabulated something but what I've always known is that there was a prank to make an0n an admin and then it went wrong (because an0n was much better at security stuff than the admins).

Yeah, this is how I've always seen the story told. And an0n most certainly was a real person.

And I can believe it, too.

Offline Lorric

I know An0n was real.

Then he got permabanned. Then I think the Admins unbanned the account and took control of it.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I've heard two versions: An0n accidentally got admin, said he would start deleting boards, and Goob went along with it for lulz (trying to "hide" boards but accidentally actually deleting them because Goob); or An0n got admin and started deleting boards himself. In either case, the backup was screwed up so about a month's worth of posts got lost. But the An0n account was never taken over by the admins, regardless of what you think.

Offline Lorric

So, we've got ourselves a little mystery on our hands, with several people being told by unknown sources various versions of what happened.

I have looked at An0n's profile to read his posts around that time. Either the truth or the story is the messing around with HLP on April Fools allowed him to force his way back in, and he ended up coming in with full Admin access. And we went from there.

However, as has been said and the reason I did not believe Battuta is what I read in the stuff An4ximandros linked. How it seems the situation resolves itself after April Fools Day is over. If An0n backdoored his way in, and cleared the other Admins out, how did they get rid of him? And that's why I'm inclined to think it was a planned joke. That and the Admins not exactly acting put out by the fact they've been un-admined, and the forum has been jacked and is getting ****ed up, you'd think they'd be going nuts!

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
So, we've got ourselves a little mystery on our hands, with several people being told by unknown sources various versions of what happened.

I have looked at An0n's profile to read his posts around that time. Either the truth or the story is the messing around with HLP on April Fools allowed him to force his way back in, and he ended up coming in with full Admin access. And we went from there.

However, as has been said and the reason I did not believe Battuta is what I read in the stuff An4ximandros linked. How it seems the situation resolves itself after April Fools Day is over. If An0n backdoored his way in, and cleared the other Admins out, how did they get rid of him? And that's why I'm inclined to think it was a planned joke. That and the Admins not exactly acting put out by the fact they've been un-admined, and the forum has been jacked and is getting ****ed up, you'd think they'd be going nuts!

Have you tried, you know, asking people that were around when it happened? It's not like they've all vanished or anything.

Offline Lorric

I imagine they will arrive on their own here in time.

Offline Lorric

Another thought I just had, going back to the original reason why all this came up, Karajorma says all he did was take PH out of the political prisoners group. I've never seen anyone get political prisonered in my time here. What if there's some sort of hidden glitch? You might want to test this out on someone, and political prisoner them, then immediately unprisoner them, and see if they get turned into an admin...

EDIT: And have two different admins, preferably the original two, perform it. In case that had anything to do with it. Is it unusual for that to happen, two different admins?

Goober puts them in and Karajorma takes them out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:39:18 pm by Lorric »