Author Topic: SF Kraken  (Read 17336 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never change DarthWang. HLP wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without people like you.

As for the rest of you, you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
DIVINE BUSTER!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Also:

Quote from: Wang
weeaboo
Plagiarism

ripoffs 
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

First, this thread hurt my brain. Then this thread made me laugh.  Then there was Inigo Montoya and the circle was complete.

Also, voicing opinion that WoD kicks ass and DarthWang should partake before insulting it.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
:lol:

hey DarthWang

GARGANTS

Look, Darth Wang, if you want my honest feedback here? You're a decent troll, but Wouter has resurfaced in Missions and Campaigns and brought his A game. So your work here is somewhat diminished by comparison.

I'm not trolling. If I was trolling I would link to this
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Plagiarism is good now?
That is no plagiarism. These are sidenotes to races from star control. There are sidenotes to Gundam etc. too. It is....a goddamn Freespace-Anime. The first ever created anime mod for the space shooter genre. C'mon! That's marvelous!

Despite the "anime ****" (back to topic), Infi would destroy more than 100 of those Krakens if not more.

Seriously, you were trolling WoD.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:43:38 am by Deadly in a Shadow »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Adding anime to Freespace is like adding urine to fine wine

• Buntu!
Adding anime to Freespace is like adding urine to fine wine
Adding Gargants and Krakens to Freespace is just ludicrous maaaan.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Quote from: DarthWang
I have it on good authority that a large part of the plot, background, and races are ripoffs of Star Control 2.

It's also been rumored by Joseph Campbell that the "Heroes Journey" is the greatest ripoff and repeat evermade.

How many bellies of the whale have we seen from Gawain and the Green Knight to Star Wars?

Preposterous I tell you!
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
What's SC2? Is that some sort of Shivan cargo container? It seems as though D&I need to do some beam sweeping around here.... ;)

Actually when I read WoD was a TC, I had no idea where it all came from, and didn't bother to find out. Made all the more "original" for me, at least. :)

Now you see this SF Kraken thing does in fact have some control over us, see what happens after it has been discovered  :nod:
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
What's SC2? Is that some sort of Shivan cargo container?
Star Control 2.
Though the current and upcoming Generations of gamers will more likely know the abbriviation as Starcraft 2.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Oh that game. I didn't know it had anime'...
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Uber enemy fighter. A rip-off of Gundam, Macross, and all sorts of super villains. Unoriginal and lame.

• Buntu!
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Yes, I freely admit that was trolling

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Oh, and as for a serious answer to the Kraken vs Prometheus Frame question, I extracted the relevant files from the vp and played around with it for a bit.

Conclusion: It's too slow. With the disparity in speed and maneuverability, it would never land a hit with its primary or secondary weapons. The only threat are the turret weapons, but they are not strong enough to make enough of a difference. With those strong shields and armor it's a tough nut to crack, but the Kraken would eventually wear it down, especially considering its huge target profile. The PF pilot would either have to be very lucky or the Kraken pilot would have to be very careless for the latter to lose.

Of course, this is using purely game mechanics. If I wanted to be cruel I would point out that the tech room says the PF's reactor produces 280 MW, then compare this to the Harbinger which canonically has 5 GT of yield and does 3200 damage. Scaling this to the Subach, which fires 5 times per second and does 13.5 damage per shot, we can calculate that an Erinyes firing dual Subachs is using ~3.53e18 watts, and that's just for the  primary weapon systems, not counting shields, engines, etc. If you're not fluent in scientific notation, that's more than 12,600,000,000 times the PF's total reactor output. And the Kraken's reactor is obviously  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Erinyes reactor.

Pwned - by SCIENCE!