Author Topic: List of campaigns canonical to Blue Planet  (Read 4972 times)

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
List of campaigns canonical to Blue Planet
Blue Planet (esp. War In Heaven) has a habit of incorporating other user-made campaigns into it's own canon through references and shout-outs. I'm trying to figure out how many campaigns are canonical to Blue Planet.

So far I have three definites and two maybes.

Silent Threat: Reborn: [captainobvious]Thanks to the GTCv Marcus Glaive and some facts about the GTI, we already know that BP Canon includes Silent Threat: Reborn instead of Silent Threat[/captainobvious]

Vassago's Dirge: The tech description of the GTC Cretheus is a hint, Toqueville openly refers to the "Vassago Incident", and the opening of Universal Truth is frightenly similar to VD's true ending.

Operation Templar: Refered to by name by the Fedayeen. The plot is :v: canon anyway, and there's not much difference between the :v: version and the FSPort version.

Sync and Transcend: Maybe. One fail debrief for Universal Truth refers to the Sync drive and the Transcendant. The question is, is it just a cameo or shout-out, or an actual plot consolidation? The later is scary to think about.

Does anyone else know of any other campaigns that Blue Planet has linked its plot to?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Re: List of campaigns canonical to Blue Planet
IIRC, Sync and Transcend are BP canon in the sense that alternate universes (which include Sync's/Transcend's) are BP canon, and it's been theorized that the Sync device works by traveling between universes the same way the Vishnans can. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84404

(technically, the alternate-universe thing opens up pretty much any campaign to be compatible with BP but in a kind of cheaty way)

We've been over this stuff in previous threads, but: STR and Vassago are canon. Transcend and Sync are referenced in some of the madness scenes from UT2 but this information can't really be called 'canon'. Derelict is referenced a couple of times, but its plot definitely isn't canon.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
(technically, the alternate-universe thing opens up pretty much any campaign to be compatible with BP but in a kind of cheaty way)

That's a good point :P

So, so far, BP Canon includes:

FreeSpace 1
Silent Threat: Reborn
Operation Templar
FreeSpace 2
Vassago's Dirge
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
Blue Planet: War in Heaven (first 60%)

MAYBE Sync (alternate universe)
MAYBE Transcend (alternate universe)

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That BP and BP: WiH are canon for BP is kinda redundant :P

Also, while we're referencing these other campaigns, we give no guarantee that these events happened the same as they did in those campaigns.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
That BP and BP: WiH are canon for BP is kinda redundant :P
Ya, I realized I was being a little bit of a Captain Obvious in all this, I just wanted to know if I missed anything. :P

Also, while we're referencing these other campaigns, we give no guarantee that these events happened the same as they did in those campaigns.

Ok, that... complicates things. Kinda like what Blaise did by "modifying" FS1 canon in Bem Cavalgar? Or is that just legalese in case any of these get sequels that conflict with BP?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The latter. We're basically assuming that events similar to those campaigns happened, with similar circumstances, outcome, and cast of characters. The details, however, may vary. This is just to avoid a situation where we have to adhere to canon other than FS retail and BP itself.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
The latter. We're basically assuming that events similar to those campaigns happened, with similar circumstances, outcome, and cast of characters. The details, however, may vary. This is just to avoid a situation where we have to adhere to canon other than FS retail and BP itself.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks E!

So if we are bringing ST:R into this, doesn't that mean that Shivans (Phantoms & Echo Gate) is canon too?

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
TVWP. It's where the titan accords came from, right?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
So if we are bringing ST:R into this, doesn't that mean that Shivans (Phantoms & Echo Gate) is canon too?

Good Point. I actually just played the Shivans series a few days ago, and unless BP does something unusual I'd say they're compatible. On the other hand, ST:R and VD both indirectly impact BP's plot. I don't think Phantoms or Echo Gate do that. The BP team could potentially reference them in if they wanted to.

TVWP. It's where the titan accords came from, right?
I thought all they had released were demos?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:55:30 am by InsaneBaron »

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Ok, I meant Unification War, that prequel demo
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Clearly jad. The fact alpha one went missing is the only reason buntuscum still breathe.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You know guys... the whole "Alphap 1 iz da bezt and would bang the shivans so hard they'd crap a transabyssal gate " is getting old.

As Shivan Hunter posts, the multiverse thing makes BP compatible to several degrees across several continuities that do not contradict it.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
You know guys... the whole "Alphap 1 iz da bezt and would bang the shivans so hard they'd crap a transabyssal gate " is getting old.

As Shivan Hunter posts, the multiverse thing makes BP compatible to several degrees across several continuities that do not contradict it.

I remember splattering an "Alfa Wun" when I was entering subspace once. He was among the most unpleasant of you small people I've ever had the misfortune of hearing.

*****post*

Offline Axem

Clearly jad. The fact alpha one went missing is the only reason buntuscum still breathe.

Spoiler:
FRED is a rogue vishnan