Author Topic: The Other Sathanas  (Read 74475 times)

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Alright, here it is. Thanks to everyone who provided useful feedback and help. I would especially like to thank Zacam, Hades, MjnMixael, Galemp, Vasudan Admiral, Esarai, and the rest of the FSU team.

Some brief instruction: Download whatever texture size you want, but keep in mind that your computer may be able to handle more than you think. The SathMod folder points to the 3.6.12 MVPs, so just select it as your mod.

Credits:

Mesh: Rga_Noris
Diffuse and Glow Maps: Rga_Noris
Resized Diffuse and Glows, All Shines and Normals: Zacam
Thruster Glows: Hades

1024^2 textures:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m1457ndly47mryu/SathMod.7z

2048^2 textures:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m8so1c586dhkwt5/SathMod-2048.7z

4096^2 textures:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d6xbb6ilniiro48/SathMod-4096.7z

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:44:16 pm by Rga_Noris »
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Please change the flak, but otherwise I quite like it, though I think some may take umbrage at the "bug" like aesthetic. Personally, it was a giant space-going tick from the start, so emphasising that gets no criticism from me.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Awesome.

Offline Kolgena

Yes, the flak turrets are especially Aperture Science.

Overall, it's beastly though. I also like how the pipe neck got changed.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
 :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

-INFTeam

That's some serious kick ass nightmare fuel you've built there. :yes:
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
This is going to make the FS2 campaign so much more fun.

Prepare for epic Triple-D.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Yes, the flak turrets are especially Aperture Science.

Overall, it's beastly though. I also like how the pipe neck got changed.

Boom. THAT is the perfect description of the flak. I could not put my finger on it. I have an issue with thinking of a cool things that have no theme to them what so ever, and still implimenting them where they do not belong.

Also, between this and the Colly, High Noon will likely kill your computer and get your girl friend pregnant.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
When you are dead I will be still alive.....

Seriously though, that looks really, really nice to me :)

Offline Kolgena

I just noticed the placement of the fighter bay. It's a giant space flea that craps fighters.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Also, between this and the Colly, High Noon will likely kill your computer and get your girl friend pregnant.

Just keep the texture count under extreme lock and key, secured behind 5 layers of 5000 MT-rated blast doors.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
I'm curious what the new plating texture will look like. Will it be an upgraded version of the zigzag plates the retail Sath has or will it have an entirely different look?

I can't believe that :v: doesn't comment these incredible improvements of their original game models (Cain, Lilith, Hatshepsut and all the other shining gems).
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I think the nose would bear a more aesthetic liking if the top didn't have that gap still, but everything else is great.

Offline peterv

... High Noon will likely kill your computer and get your girl friend pregnant.

In which case I'll have to discuss something with High Noon? HTF am i suppose do do that?  :wtf:

Super model BTW.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Yeah, I'm curious to know what the texturing will look like too. I basically turned te model over to c914 and said go crazy. He said he would have something to show by Sunday, but I have not heard from him in over a week and he has not returned any PM's. That's kind of his style though. Vanish for a week or so, only to return with a jar of awesome sauce.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
OMG

Now I know how 100 of these were able to destroy Capella. CAPELLA is a GPU! And they melted it with all their uber awesome hi-poly awesomeness! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!11onetwothree

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Well, a single Karuna would melt it much faster than 80 untextured Saths, however high-poly they may be.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Which are being further optimized. :P

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
I find this model so detailled that it almost hurt my eyes  :eek2:

In others words : good work  :yes:
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
The detail0 of the Colly with all of its turrets is 99299 polies. The Sath is going to be rather close to this. What you see above comes in at about 75K without any turrets, which is damn close to what the Colly is sans turrets.

The texturing will consist of 3 2048 textures, a small debris texture, and a possibly a special LOD textures, depending on how I do tackle that one. So yeah, it should not actually be too horrible to your comps.