Author Topic: Soooo good.  (Read 7963 times)

Offline Luis Dias

So you punks like BP:WiH huh?

Well guess what.
You've seen nothing. NOTHING.

WiH R2 is so much better than R1. My mind has been blown and my world has been rocked.
Mission design that is so incredibly complex and well fredded and most of all, its fun. Story and plot so well written, important things are being revealed ladies and gentlemen!
The BP team has taken almost every bit of criticism I had of R1 and created well... a masterpiece.

Let the hype commence.

Great. Now I'm dying to play it and it is still many months away. Thanks for making me suffer through the wait.

You should be jailed for this. Just sayin.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Aww Spoon, I ache with anticipation.

Like I already told Battuta, I don't want to experience anything spoilerish or whatsoever, until playing the story all at once. :P

My thoughts exactly. I want everything to hit me like a truck.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't want to expect anything even. Which means I should GTFO of this thread cause I don't even want hype.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline -Sara-

Maybe we should add this specific topic to our site-block lists to not waste ourselfs with spoilers, Droid803. :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Kolgena

I want non-****ty framerates.

That aside, I had no idea that R2 had this much progress at this point. I am pleasantly surprised.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Last time I heard something about the next Act being almost finished and then the next two still getting worked on or something like that, or something like that.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline crizza

Lets stick spoon on top of an Apocalypse and send him flying.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Last time I heard something about the next Act being almost finished and then the next two still getting worked on or something like that, or something like that.

That is essentially correct. WiH has a 5-Act structure, and what you played in WiH R1 is acts 1 and 2. Act 3 is more or less finished, and currently in betatesting (which is why Spoon got to play it). Acts 4 and 5 are pretty much planned out, but actual FREDing still needs to be done.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline CKid

Hang on, 5 chapters? I thought WiH was going to be 4 chapters, each one being 15 missions long.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Me too. And every act has about 15 missions? :eek:
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline CKid

oops, I mean the first two acts together were 15 missions so I thought the other two would also be 15 missions together making WiH the same length as AoA. (30 missions)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:57:30 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
oops, I mean the first two acts together were 15 missions so I thought the other two would also be 15 missions together making WiH the same length as AoA. (30 missions)

This is more like it. Five acts, spread over two releases, one already out. Act 3 is eight missions, though one of those missions is...it could probably be counted as more than one mission, I suppose. Acts 4 and 5 should be targeting similar-ish lengths.

This will make R2 about 1/3 larger than R1. Perhaps a bit more.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The point is, we don't really want to pin us down on any specific length. We have an approximate length we're shooting for, but things might happen that will cause us to drop missions or add others.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

Well, it's like writing a good book. You have your storyboard and everything, but while you're writing it often happens, that the plot develops unexpected.

Happens to me a lot too Crizza, so it's only logical the dev team doesn't want to be pinned down on what they've said many months before release. By the time you're done shaving things down to exactly where you want it to be, a lot may have changed.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Reminds me of the early days of CG movies. By the time you finished the movie, you did so with techniques you didn't use when you started, so you redid the movie with those new techniques, and then you find more new techniques...
Cue dev hell.

With that said, I've never been more exciting for anything since April 14. Good job as always.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
though one of those missions is...it could probably be counted as more than one mission, I suppose

;7

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
though one of those missions is...it could probably be counted as more than one mission, I suppose

;7

I don't want to get too excited and start people having wild fantasies of 60-minute multiple-checkpoint uberbattles. Keep expectations reasonable!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Save for Act 4

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!

;7

I don't want to get too excited and start people having wild fantasies of 60-minute multiple-checkpoint uberbattles. Keep expectations reasonable!

r2 can't possibly be a letdown. If it's half as good as WiH r1 it'll still be an absolutely stunning experience.

Take all the time you need, work those sexps, unf unf unf