Author Topic: ANI Help Request  (Read 5258 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So I'm working cb_sm1-05_d. It is basically 8 images sequenced together like a powerpoint. Now, I can do these myself, it will just take me many, many hours. Since this is something that only requires knowledge of some image editing program, I figured I would involve you all.

Each pack contains a screen from the original ANI and a frame to use as the background for the new one. The background includes the blue grid and the shot of the Knossos. All you have to add is the white text/shapes/lines/etc. Save the file with all the text and stuff as a PNG with transparent background. When you finish, either post it here or PM it to me. C'mon.. you know you want to help!  :D

EDIT: Also, be sure to let us know which one you grabbed so we don't get duplicate efforts. (I marked them by number 1-8)

EDIT: I've removed the downloads because they have all be claimed or completed. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:29:03 am by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I assume these are using the new high-poly Knossos model.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Here ya go. #3. Just missing two pictures things. I pray PasteBin lasts long enough.

http://imagebin.org/127987

EDIT: By the way, I could post the source if needed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Now, I can do these myself, it will just take me many, many hours.
I love how you just say that like it's no big deal. :D

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I'll take #1.

EDIT: what resolution will the final frame be? Just asking for the sake of whether or not I can insert Lorem Ipsum or something equivalent nonsense into the random text windows or not...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:54:39 am by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Did Volition use Lorum Ipsum in the Colossus cutscene? NO. Did mjn use Lorum Ipsum in the training mission CB anis? NO. The community demands you fill the boxes with pages of copy excerpted from Dr. Hargrove's report on the Knossos, which must be scientifically feasable and grammatically correct, with citations and footnotes to at least half peer-reviewed print articles.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Did Volition use Lorum Ipsum in the Colossus cutscene? NO. Did mjn use Lorum Ipsum in the training mission CB anis? NO. The community demands you fill the boxes with pages of copy excerpted from Dr. Hargrove's report on the Knossos, which must be scientifically feasable and grammatically correct, with citations and footnotes to at least half peer-reviewed print articles.

I was afraid that was the case, and that's why I made this

Not quite finished yet but at least it's not Lorem Ipsum.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Thanks guys! I'm gonna do number 5.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel

I was afraid that was the case, and that's why I made this

Not quite finished yet but at least it's not Lorem Ipsum.

The Pizza recipe makes this teh win.

The fact that you put in there, the lyrics from "all along the watchtower" ( which always reminds me of my beloved BSG)
makes this pure frakking awesome epic win.
And thus, with a tears of happiness in my eyes, i award you the "Epic Order of the Empire".
And now rise, Lord Tohtori, and make more epic anis.

Keep that in the ani, please!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
The bit in the bottom left is pure win for me.

:::Late night stupid comment warning:::
Hows about someone tries to get a load of random HLP aliases into one of the text boxes or perhaps the message list from the mission Avenging Angels
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Kolgena

And now rise, Lord Tohtori, and make more epic anis.

I'm probably tired from studying, but my first pass through parsed that as "And now rise, Lord Tohtori, and make more epic anus."

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I finished mine... C'mon peeps join in the fun!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:46:47 am by mjn.mixael »

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Necroposting for great justice.

I had a hard disk drive failure a few months ago, and among the stuff that was lost to heaven of bits was the high-resolution version of the ANI screen I made for mjn. The one with the pizza recipe.

Does anyone still happen to have that image file saved? The file name is most likely "comp1wiplarge.png" or "comp1finallarge.png"...

I would love to have it preserved for nostalgic reasons. And I hope some of you munchkins saved it somewhere...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:36:45 pm by Herra Tohtori »

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Here's a small one... http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9334/comp1finallarge.png

I grepped for pizza in the IRC chatlogs, and found where some peeps on #hard-light were discussing it back when #hard-light wasn't ****. Oh, the memories. Anyway, all the readable ones have been taken down because imageshack. :(

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
That's better than the very small image I found on one of my HDD's, thanks. And since that's the final version, if necessary i can use that as a template for basically re-doing the sucker... it wouldn't be that much of an effort although some of the text I wrote would be lost.

Imageshack's decision to start reducing the size of old images at some point was really quite annoying. But maybe someone will come forward with the full-sized version.