Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 87527 times)

I like how aggressive it seems. The top reminds me of a furrowed brow.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I like the top armor casing or whatever it's supposed to be. Not so much a fan of the nose or the lower bits, but I do like how you turned the beams into BFGs from those wimpy button turrets, even if it will be a pain to balance correctly.

The biggest eyesore to me is the way the nose just curves around into an engine. It seems too... organic, almost? Nothing Terran about it there.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The biggest eyesore to me is the way the nose just curves around into an engine. It seems too... organic, almost? Nothing Terran about it there.

:wtf:

I just want to make sure that you realize that the greyed out models are not a part of Hades' recreation and are in fact the models from retail and current MediaVPs... Hades' model doesn't even have engines yet.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I'm aware of that, I was talking about his earlier renders that did have engines, and as far as I knew (up 'til talking to him on skype five minutes ago), they had not been scrapped, with the aforementioned render just being a contrast between his new one and the current HTL Deimos.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Are you still planning on incorporating the side-mounted multi-part turrets for at the very least a "special edition" of the model?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Looks like another Hades made Wow-Bomb is in production. Medusa, move over.

EDIT: Question: The trenches on top seem to be a great feature, but a little empty. To you have plans to add greebles within those trenches?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:16:53 pm by Rga_Noris »
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
It seems too... organic, almost? Nothing Terran about it there.

The Deimos is powered by Vasudan technology, one could argue that there was some Vasudan influence on the design. /shrug
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

New image.

I made sure to make the front curved, just for you Betrayal. <3
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
a preemptive strike at those among us who are members of Humanity Front http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C8CWH-L1ws

also the Deimos looks awesome

[EDIT] Also the entire front is smoothed except for that one series of edges about halfway down, might want to do something about that

Offline Hades

[EDIT] Also the entire front is smoothed except for that one series of edges about halfway down, might want to do something about that
forgot to remirror out of laziness, ignore.

EDIT: Derp, now I know what you mean. That's cause they're seperated at that point, I was going to try putting the engine on some sort of mount but I realized it'd ruin the flow and look dumb.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:56:40 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Looks awesome, the head makes it look like a battering ram, nice and aggressive.  :yes:

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Now THAT is an effective use of curved surfaces - well done!
If you can hold to that style for the rest of it, it will look very, very cool. :D
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
I'm really looking forward to the rear section (no pun intended :P )

Will you keep the strange tubes at the main engines? They always looked somewhat redundant to me. Just something random to add detail...
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Just my opinion, take it as that.

The space on top between the forward crew section(beige in the illustration) and the aft engineering section(the engine pod) in the back seems a bit large.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That part of the model was cut off. That's where all those windows would be.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
YES! Hades is working on the Deimos again :D
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

The front looks like a very angry Protoss  :D

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
That part of the model was cut off. That's where all those windows would be.
Are those coming back at some point?
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You know of course people this is going to make it look even more like it has a face now that you've given it a nose. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

You know of course people this is going to make it look even more like it has a face now that you've given it a nose. :p
It always had a nose, but ok.

----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL