Author Topic: Evoluton: A Somekind of TC for Freespace  (Read 14514 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Evoluton: A Somekind of TC for Freespace
Well ofc I'v never exactly knew the real meaning for TC. However I came up with this TC for Freespace 2 that I call Evolution (or Human Evolution). That I have currently on Moddb. I was woking on the New Era Mod but due to the public disagreement I trashed it  :mad:

Im on Vacation however in a diffrent state and will be away for awile: (Got nothing else to do so thats why this post exists). Evolution is planned to be on Homeworld 2 also. (A little offtopic here but Bloodfleet has a Released Version of Freespace Fleet Command, So you have 2 mods to follow here, Aparently Bloodfleet isnt getting the credit he deserves you hounds). The Moddb Link for my mod is here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/human-evolution-a-freespace-tc

If you wish to follow my mod, Ya! If you dont wish to. You may move away from this post. I  will post a back story too but for now, I wish to see what you guys think on my mod :)
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Evoluton: A Somekind of TC for Freespace
Will this TC be more successful than your last... um... four or five TCs?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Well ofc I'v never exactly knew the real meaning for TC.
Total conversion
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
So far so good.

Let's see how it turns out. I'm tracking it.

Total conversion

Just to define things a bit further: a total conversion is when you change (nearly) everything in the game, including all the ships, weapons, and even the interface for something new. Mods using the FreeSpace Open engine that take place in an alternate fictional universe are the most stereotypical total conversions (see The Babylon Project or the Wing Commander Saga for released total conversions). It seems you're trying to create a new non-FS-related universe, using already existing canon and user-created content, which is all right, but I wouldn't call that a total conversion.

Just call your project a mod. No one can argue that this project is a mod, but it's arguable whether it can be considered a total conversion.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:11:08 am by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

So far so good.

Let's see how it turns out. I'm tracking it.

Total conversion

Just to define things a bit further: a total conversion is when you change (nearly) everything in the game, including all the ships, weapons, and even the interface for something new. Mods using the FreeSpace Open engine that take place in an alternate fictional universe are the most stereotypical total conversions (see The Babylon Project or the Wing Commander Saga for released total conversions). It seems you're trying to create a new non-FS-related universe, using already existing canon and user-created content, which is all right, but I wouldn't call that a total conversion.

Just call your project a mod. No one can argue that this project is a mod, but it's arguable whether it can be considered a total conversion.

Well, more simply put a total conversion just uses the engine/whatever, most of the original assets are removed and replaced to make a new game.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline NeonShivan

um, it is a Total Convertation because it doesnt reflect with the Freespace Timeline in any way. Now I do have copywrite Issues for all the models used in the game ^^

"All the models used in the game are not created by MatththeGeek, Bloodfleet and Myself, All the Model's Owners are credted for their own work thank you Also, I know TC means Total Convertation but thanks anyways Spoon. But trust me, This Mod will stay because its actualy Creative Genus lol  :P
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

I am helping him for the HW2 part of this.

The people here (or at least some of them) are well aware of my Freespace for HW2 mod, btw. Matth made sure of that :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:28:08 pm by BloodFleet »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Hear hear guys, this mod on Human Evolution is a Creative Genus.

But for crying out loud, why the friggin SOC Galatea.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NeonShivan

Hear hear guys, this mod on Human Evolution is a Creative Genus.
Its just a full name I came up to prevent Confusion with the Dead Homeworld 2 Mod called Evolution on moddb :). Also I couldnt think of any other names and besides the Mod is Creative Genus not Human Evolution :P

And the SOC Destroyer, It was my faved Ship I saw on www.freespacemods.net :) and The Orion I plan to use if there ever will be a Second Evolution (Root me on and without a doubt there will be)  :yes:

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You do not understand.

A "Total Conversion" is effectively an entirely new game that uses nothing, not a single file, from retail FS2. What you are doing is a mod, nothing more, nothing less. A total conversion is infinitely more work than a mod.

Here's a handy rule of thumb: As long as you need FS2 installed to play whatever it is you're working on, it's NOT a total conversion. As long as you use files from retail (including the interface art or sounds), it is NOT a total conversion.

Also, you should think about reigning your "creative genius" in a bit. He's messing up your grammar and syntax.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NeonShivan

Thats where your Wrong my Good Friend, The Mod itself is. I never Said I was: My English does suck with pride ;)

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
How that translates into a good thing is something I cannot understand.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Also, you should think about reigning your "creative genius" in a bit. He's messing up your grammar and syntax.

I assume that was a pun on the taxonomic rank 'genus'. "Evolution"... hehe... although that may be stretching it a bit. :/

BTA: I'm curious, is English your first language?

Oh god, I can stand broken english, it's understandable. But for the love of god, watch what you capitalize. Only capitalize proper nouns and the first word in a sentence. If you're unsure, just don't capitalize. Please, it hurts my eyes.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline NeonShivan

Jesus you bunch of babies, you sound like 2 year olds jesus. If your going to complain about english complain to people who dont speak english period. Honestly your being a ***** of *********. This isnt a topic about how bad my ************** english is. This is a topic about my mod and if you guys like it or not. STOP BEING A BUNCH OF *****ES PLEASE.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
:lol:

HOLY *****ES!!!

:wakka:

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

HOLY *****ES!!!

:wakka:

:ha:
Bah, well, I was laughing at the way he begun with a somehow moderated "Jesus" and ended crying "*****ES!!!".
So the post didn't conveyed the meaning. Whatever. :doubt:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay guys, let's stop with the complaints about BTA's English.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]