Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82647 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
I am told that my fairly archaic Nelson lines are quite good - after someone such as Battuta, with more skill in Audacity than myself, edited them, the result was reportedly much better.

Onward, chums!

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I will try to get the OP updated over the next couple of days to reflect the status of the "minor" roles.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Previous OP change log

Big change time.
  • A number of roles have been cast.  They are marked with a "CAST" next to the role name (they are also missing the audition lines :)).  We will still accept auditions for "minor" roles that have been CAST (which is why we are not telling anyone who has been cast as who yet), but we strongly suggest any auditions be done for the roles that are either only "tentatively cast" or are not cast at all.
  • Some roles are "tentatively cast" meaning that we have a VA in mind but we are still looking for more auditions either because the one that we have doesn't fit quite right or we are considering promoting the VA to a "major" role.
  • A couple of roles have been revised, as such any previously accepted lines have been deleted, and the VAs that submitted the lines will be contacted shortly to inform them of this change in status.
  • Two new major roles are available, "Ranvir Control" and "Solaris Control".
  • All roles are now in alphabetical order.
  • Added descriptions of the categories of roles.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: *UPDATED January 16th* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
Again, you guys did an amazing job. Look at all those roles filled!

any chance we could see who got what? (if anything)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
People may turn in more auditions and so roles may be shuffled around, but rest assured that almost everyone who got involved and had acceptable voice quality and delivery got a part.

Offline Veers

Hey Guys,

Congrats on the news Ive been reading here. Cant wait to see the voices added into WiH.

Im new to voice acting and was considering trying for a few parts, just wondering. What you get back in regards of feedback/tips/etc.

email from me when I am finished processing the audition
- I assume that will contain what I wish to know, yea?.

Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yay, impressive progress :)

What's with the roles that have no audition lines listed but are also not marked as CAST?

Like:

# Reshadiye Control (22 lines)
# Rheza Station Control (21 lines)
# Secretary-General Toqueville (2 lines)
# Sergei Gwilym (18 lines)

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Reshadiye Control had a script error. The others I'm not sure.

People may turn in more auditions and so roles may be shuffled around, but rest assured that almost everyone who got involved and had acceptable voice quality and delivery got a part.

It's not so much if I got a role but which one if I did, I'm just curious since I sent in tons.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well we can't be sure yet as roles may be shuffled around. Don't want to lie!

Man, WiH was epic enough as it is. I can't wait to play the voiced version.

I may be new to this forum, but hey, I'd like to give this a shot. Anything to contribute to this awesome campaign. Now I just need to figure out which role I should do...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
As many as you like, but focus on those without 'cast' markers for now - they should be in the first post.

Offline -Norbert-

Im new to voice acting and was considering trying for a few parts, just wondering. What you get back in regards of feedback/tips/etc.

A good place to start is the Tips foraspiring actors thead in the voice acting forum. You might also get some tips on what to correct and how, but better to make it right in the first place, eh ;)?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Yay, impressive progress :)

What's with the roles that have no audition lines listed but are also not marked as CAST?

Like:

# Reshadiye Control (22 lines)
# Rheza Station Control (21 lines)
# Secretary-General Toqueville (2 lines)
# Sergei Gwilym (18 lines)
They are major roles, which haven't had their lines released.

Reshadiye Control had a script error. The others I'm not sure.
That was Reshadiye Security that was retracted, though if we need to fix Security we probably are going to need to fix something with controls lines as well.

EDIT: forgot to reply this as well:
Hey Guys,

Congrats on the news Ive been reading here. Cant wait to see the voices added into WiH.

email from me when I am finished processing the audition
- I assume that will contain what I wish to know, yea?.

More or less, I normally only provide feedback/tips/etc if asked, but keep in mind that I am not the final stop for the use of the auditions I primarily just collect them.  Also, I will *always* provide feedback on technical issues, that is, recording quality problems (noise, etc.), mispronunciation of words, clipping, etc.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:33:47 pm by Iss Mneur »

Offline Veers

A good place to start is the Tips foraspiring actors thead in the voice acting forum. You might also get some tips on what to correct and how, but better to make it right in the first place, eh ;)?

Thanks -Norbert-, just what Im looking for (How I missed it when I looked, I'll never know) :D

Iss Mneur - Thank you very much, thats exactly what I was wondering :). I'll have a better dig at everything and submit in a few days.

Im going to send in files for "Major Prathanya". Mainly because I know it can be compared to someone who has already been passed for the job. :)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

I've sent in files for Kassim, Solaris Control and Xinny.

Excellent to see not only progress, but outstanding progress and enthusiasm. It's thrilling to see so much community support.
I think I might drop a few more roles in the bucket, now that the ones in need of a voice are apparent.  Better mike setup too.

I have a question - will any of the team members be contributing their own voices to the project? It's common practice for a 'small' mod in most genres, but Blue Planet is a very different animal...
"Do you plunder?"
"I have been known to plunder..."
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09
"Hope for the best, expect the worst." -Heinlein

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I have a question - will any of the team members be contributing their own voices to the project? It's common practice for a 'small' mod in most genres, but Blue Planet is a very different animal...
If any of the Team is going to contribute their own voices to the project, they will have to go through the same audition process as every one else.

As far as I know, none of the Blue Planet team have auditioned thus far.  I do not plan on submitting any auditions, but obviously I cannot speak for anyone else on the team.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I auditioned for the role of Sam in AoA and then rejected myself. Rian did some work in AoA and was decent. Other than her I doubt you'll hear many/any team members.