Author Topic: SF Kraken  (Read 17332 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
There's a difference between shout-outs and ripoffs, and last I checked these races and their backgrounds weren't ripped by the letter off of StarCon, they were inspired.
Many things are used due to inspiration. Learn the differences.

Offline FelixJim

• User 11092
I have it on good authority that a large part of the plot, background, and races are ripoffs of Star Control 2.
I have it on good authority that it's good, clean fun.
In-Mission Techroom Script v0.4 - See information from the techroom in game
Simple Animation Script v0.2 - Make your own on-screen animations for FSO
Visible Waypoints Script - Makes waypoints visible in-game
Run From File Script - Get around the pesky 31 character limit for script-eval

Because the .anis are the only content featured in Wings of Dawn, the models, textures, effects, music, plot all mean nothing, I'm sure.

I have it on good authority that a large part of the plot, background, and races are ripoffs of Star Control 2.
And I have it on good authority that a large part of the plot, background, and races of Derelict, Blue Planet, Inferno, Blackwater Operations, and numerous others are ripoffs of FreeSpace 2. WTF is your point?

You claimed it was original, that was the point
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Compare it to any other mod which does one of the following:

A. Is a TC mod that places the entirety of another game into FreeSpace.
To name several, The Babylon Project, Wing Commander Saga, Diaspora (Battlestar Galactica), Shadows of Lylat (Starfox), Stellar Assault, Fate of the Galaxy (Star Wars), Journey to Hiigara (Homeworld), The Apocalypse Project (Homeworld 2), FringeSpace (Tachyon: The Fringe).

B. Adds to the FreeSpace universe either as a Prologue to FreeSpace 1 or an Epilogue of FreeSpace 2, or in between timelines.
Do I really need to go there with listing them? Inferno and Inferno Alliance, Blue Planet, Ancient-Shivan War, Terran-Vasudan War, The Unification Wars, Alcibiades' Gamble, Derelict, Homesick, really there's too many.

And then there's Wings of Dawn which did neither and made a universe from the ground up. That alone gives it a higher degree of originality than anything I just listed.

Not if it's filled with weeaboo bull**** :nono:

Did someone just say "weeaboo?" 'Cause I think I just heard someone say "weeaboo."  ;7

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Did someone just say "weeaboo?" 'Cause I think I just heard someone say "weeaboo."  ;7
WEE-A-BOO! WEE-A-BOO!

Offline Luis Dias

PEEK-A                ----- BOOOOO!!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh my god, PBF reference, this thread could not get any better I SWEAR.

Wait a second... There is no Spoon!

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I know that we have a Zero-Tolerance Flame policy that isn't really zero-tolerance, but I think a Not-Zero-Tolerance Troll policy would sound good right now. spoonmentioned;

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay, but seriously, I think Spoon would have something to say about having his campaign (which happens to be one of the best campaigns released) being dismissed as being full of weaboo bull****.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Probably, what it sounds like is a case of judging the book by its cover, not putting forth any effort into actually looking at what's inside.

Okay, but seriously, I think Spoon would have something to say about having his campaign (which happens to be one of the best campaigns released) being dismissed as being full of weaboo bull****.

Well excuse me for having an opinion and not liking something. I wasn't aware we were all supposed to be mindless drones here

Probably, what it sounds like is a case of judging the book by its cover, not putting forth any effort into actually looking at what's inside.

I looked at the tech room and vp files. How else would I know about the SC2 ripoffs?

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
having an opinion is one thing. Mouthing off about a campaign you haven't played is another. Sure, you can think whatever you like but uninformed opinions are just about worthless.

Saying "I [probably] wouldn't like it" is one thing. Saying "I don't like it" is another and saying "it's crap"- which you basically did- is pretty much unforgivable if you haven't even played it.

So, going by your logic, I can't say that a sandwich full of rotten meat, worms, and human feces is bad until I eat one?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Forget it. It's your loss if you don't want to eat a world-class bacon sandwich with lots and lots of subway sauce.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
reductio ad absurdum fail. There is consensus that such a sandwich is bad; there is no consensus that WoD is a "ripoff" or "weeaboo bull****".

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He's the only one who's missing out here. The rest of us can just point and laugh and enjoy the schadenfreude.

Don't get so bent out of shape over an analogy, dude