Author Topic: fs2_open 3.3  (Read 27732 times)

Originally posted by EdrickV
Go ahead and try making some yourself.

No go there, cant do hierarchy, cant even get my fighter to work, if i start thinking about multipart turrets i get nightmares :eek:

Offline Raptor

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by EdrickV
(If you did a 180 FoV, it would consider the center of the FoV to be straight up, which means it might try firing through the hull.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some existing ships do that anyway (aldo_14's ships are the most apparent about it.........sorry:nervous:)
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline JamieK

Hiya,

how do you get the CD Check re-enabled???

I wanna play it with GF4FIX and with Movies......how can i do that?

JamieK

Offline Solatar

Move code was taken out by DaveB before he gave the code to us. If you wanna watch movies, play in the regular fs2.exe.

Offline JamieK

don't tell me, because of the damn Interplay?????

*BEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Offline Solatar

No, I think it was Volition's doing. If they released the movie code, then we could do anything we wanted with V's .MVE files. They are still making money off games with MVE files in them.

Offline JamieK

:(

well, they did open the source for it. lol

they can't complain.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Actually it is because of Interplay.  Interplay owns the rights to the MVE format, not Volition, and they are not willing to have that format be public knowledge.  V did what they had to do to let us be able to have the source code at all.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Solatar

I knew it was something to do with releasing the MVE format, but I thought it was [v]. Heck, let's be grateful we have the source at all.

Offline JamieK

So,

there is no way to have the GF4FIX and have the CD Check Enabled.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

(a bit tardy, but better late than never)

Exits are to the left and right, flamethrowers can be found underneath the seats, and those plasma burns on the carpet are just cannon signatures from all the Shivans running around.  Give them some food and they'll leave you alone.

There *is* a fix for the GF4...oddly enough, just run fs2_open with the -GF4FIX option.  It ought to work.  Have a look at this thread:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,10610.0.html

As for running the game without the CDs, that can't be done without getting an Illegal Hack(tm), something that is discouraged around here.  You can't play the movies with fs2_open anyway.  If you want, you can edit the cutscenes table so that all the movies are configured for CD #2, and that way you won't need to change CDs.  Just copy the movies from CD 3 onto the hard drive and the game won't know the difference.  (Be warned: the movie files are BIG.)

*squints at username* Hmm... do we actually have another GIRL signing up at HLP? :eek2: What does that make, four total? :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2002, 01:03:32 am by 561 »

Offline JamieK

Girl????

i don't think so.

and i have tried to play the movies on the hard drive, it doesn't work.

Also, there is no browse option on the Campaign Editor to change the location.

JamieK

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by JamieK
So,

Sadly, not at this time, no.  Sorry.

Eventually we hope to have support for other video formats included, and then maybe we can find a way to convert the movies (or rather their contents, to be specific for legal reasons) to divx or something and play them.  In the meantime, it's one or the other.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Raptor

quote:
Originally posted by Goober5000
WELCOME BEAM
(a bit tardy, but better late than never)

Hmmm, no one fired the welcome beam for me............:(
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline RandomTiger

So,

"This bug made the font and some other stuff look really bad. Use the command line -GF4FIX to activate it. However to be honest you are better off using a registry fix that I didnt know about at the time.

THis can be used for both FS1 and FS2:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Volition\Freespace\D3DTextureOrigin set to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Volition\Freespace2\D3DTextureOrigin set to 1

WHile you are in there you might as well set freespace to use the hi res textures if your machine can handle them:

Create a new DWORD in each freespace registry dir called D3DUseLargeTextures and set it to 2."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Moving right along,

There's a limit on the number of ships in the ship loadout screen. If you enable all ships in the Team Loadout box in FRED, you can only scroll down to the Artemis or so. What's the origin of this? Can it be fixed?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Inquisitor

Enter it into bugzilla, we'll try and get to it.

I assume that's something that also doesn't work in released fs2?

As for the CD check, the current FS2 open exe actually has that disabled for testing purposes. The MVE's not playing is entirely unrelated. You will NEVER be able to watch MVE movies with fs2_open.

Sorry.
No signature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Raptor
Hmmm, no one fired the welcome beam for me............:(

Well then...

A very belated warm welcome for Raptor.  I'm sure you know your way around by now. :D

Girl????

i don't think so.

Jamie is a girl's name.  Unless we have another instance of the VWBB where somebody signed up as Lady Rose...:wtf:

Offline JamieK

Thank you, i can now have good text and watch the movies. :)

JamieK

Originally posted by RandomTiger

"This bug made the font and some other stuff look really bad. Use the command line -GF4FIX to activate it. However to be honest you are better off using a registry fix that I didnt know about at the time.

THis can be used for both FS1 and FS2:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Volition\Freespace\D3DTextureOrigin set to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Volition\Freespace2\D3DTextureOrigin set to 1

WHile you are in there you might as well set freespace to use the hi res textures if your machine can handle them:

Create a new DWORD in each freespace registry dir called D3DUseLargeTextures and set it to 2."

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Goober5000
where somebody signed up as Lady Rose...:wtf:

:lol: :wtf: :nervous: :lol:

We need more women!!!
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14