Author Topic: The Sequel, Take 2  (Read 65526 times)

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
While re-reading the first story I came across the best line in that whole thing: Here

:lol: funny whenever you read it
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 08:17:54 pm by 179 »
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
okay now i want a part.. :D Please?
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Just telling you all this isn't dead (don't remove it, Thun...Kalifreth:D). You're going to have to wait till next week, though, to get an update. I got schoolwork on Thurs. to attend to, and Fri. and Sat. I have some buddies comming over, so Sunday's probably my only free time...:(

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Oh well, guess we'll have to wait then..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Just telling you all this isn't dead (don't remove it, Thun...Kalifreth:D). You're going to have to wait till next week, though, to get an update. I got schoolwork on Thurs. to attend to, and Fri. and Sat. I have some buddies comming over, so Sunday's probably my only free time...:(

don't worry it won't removed as long as i am around. Thunder is still an"ex-admin".(JK T.)
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Hehehe! :D I've missed these stories!
I have returned... Again...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I hope you guys like this one...

EXT. Max's Quarters. Day.

We open to a cieling view of a crime scene. Numerous people are standing about. Two medics are carrying away a cart with a bodybag on top. Detectives are taking pictures of the area. Suddenly, a door whooshes open, and in-steps Sandwich. We cut to a close over-the-shoulder view of him, as he walks towards Shrike. He's facing the other way, with his arms crossed and his rubbing his temple with one hand. He hears Sandwich's footsteps and turns around to look at him. He sighs. We cut back and forth between them as they talk.

Shrike: Hey Sandwich, what's up?

Sandwich: Nothing much...what happened here? It's a mess...

Shrike: Yea...Max was killed last night. Someone heard a scream and called the admins. The new guy, the one in the cloak, was the first to arrive.

Sandwich: Do we know who did it?

Shrike: (Takes a deep breath) Yes...where were you last night?

Sandwich: What do you mean...?

He gasps, and his face goes wide with recognition.

Sandwich: Surely you don't think it was me?

Shrike: Sandwich...I don't know what to think. The knife has your fingerprints, and it is yours...

Sandwich: Knife...?

He turns to look at two black-suited figures emerge from inside Max's quarters. They're holding a small container, which is humming and glowing a slightly bluish color. Sandwich runs over to it and grabs it from the two investigators. He opens it quickly and reaches inside. As the two investigators are about to protest, Shrike shush's them with a bob of his hand. Shrike draws out the knife from the previous scene, and rotates it in his hand. Small glints of light flash off it's polished surface, intermixed with semi-dried blood.We cut to a close-up of the knife. It stops rotating.  We see, as a reflection, half of Sandwich's face. His eye is wide. A small trickle of blood runs down the knife. We hear Shrike, off-screen.

Shrike: It's a special knife, as you know. Vaporises anything withing two inches once it contacts anything but it's sheeth, which you own.

Sandwich: How....?

Shrike: Max was stabbed once in the head. A few minutes later, it seems he was stabbed again in the head. I'm sorry, Sandwich, but...

Sandwich: But what...?

Shrike: (Takes another breath) I want your resignation papers on my desk in two hours.

We cut to the floor. The knife drops, and hits it. Slowly around it, the ground seems to seep away, revealing a second layer of metal. We cut to a close-up of the ground near the nife. A small pool of blood forms. We cut to:

INT. Court Room. Day.

Sandwich is standing in the center of the room, head down. We are rotating around him. In front of him is arrayed a number of judges. The one in the center is J.F.K. When he his voices echo in the room.

J.F.K: It is the opinion of this court that the admin known as Sandwich is guilty of cold-blooded murder...

He pauses, and sighs, as if he doesn't like what he's about to say.

J.F.K: Due to your...formerly...high status, you will not be put in jail. However, you will be stripped of your rank and postcount, and you will be required to clean out your quarters and surrender all weapons currently in your possetion.

J.F.K lifts up his gavel and his about to strike.

Sandwich: (Lifts head up a bit) Uh...Your Honour?

J.F.K pauses and looks at Sandwich queerly.

J.F.K: Yes...?

Sandwich: Who will be replacing me?

J.F.K: Hm? Oh, ZylonBane. He was suggested by the new admin...

Sandwich: Thank you, Your Honor....

His head slumps back down, and J.F.K raises the gavel. He strikes, and the boom echoes across the interior of the room. He strikes 3 more times as we fade to:

INT. Docking Bay Control Room.

We open to a faint bluish glow everywhere. People are standing about, or sitting in front of random screens. We cut to SKYNETT-011. He puts a finger up to his head.

Skynett: Hello Ganymede. Please state name and reason for visit.

A grainy voice comes over the radio.

Voice: Kalifreth. Business.

Skynett: Roger that, Ganymede, you are cleared to dock in Docking Bay 12.

Voice: Thank you. Ganymede out.

We cut to:

INT. Docking Bay 12. Day.

We see the familiar electrical dis-charge, as a large, sleek ship comes through the window. There is another discharge as the force-field comes back on-line. We cut to inside of the ship. Everything is black, until, suddenly, a shaft of light opens up, revealing the siloughette of a man with cleanly-cut hair. He bends his head down a bit, and puts on a pair of sunglasses. We cut to a front view of the port. A staircase extends, and outsteps the siloughette. He is wearing a large cape, wrapped loosely around his body. A fold of it is covering the bridge of his nose down on his face, and his sunglasses are completely opaque. We cut to a side-view of the first step. A large combat boot steps on it with a loud clang, and we cut to:

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
ZylonBane. He was suggested by the new admin...

:shaking:

:lol: Good job, as always! :yes:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

its good!

spelt Kalfireths name wrong ;)

just to tell ya.

Keep it up!

Cor

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
   //Warning\\

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Any suggestions or comments, critizisms (discluding character inclusions)...?

C'mon, it's pretty fun writing it when I get comments :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Would you guys mind helping me out? I need to know which admins I featured in the last story (I can probably look this up myself, but I'm too lazy :D), and the list of all currently active admins...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I dunno which admins were in there...

But it's simple. Click on Forum Leaders to see the active admins, and I know there's a link to the last thread on one of these pages.

I like the way the story's unfolding. Sandwich, framed?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Well, you knw what I want.:wink:
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Ok, this was a "good" new turn, one mystery more to solve. And this time it's quite personal. :)
I hope you can keep this in your hands.
Habeeb it...

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
good stuff. :yes:
I have returned... Again...

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Would you guys mind helping me out? I need to know which admins I featured in the last story (I can probably look this up myself, but I'm too lazy :D), and the list of all currently active admins...

I am one of the more active ones. ;)
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
This is who I have (and remember):

Windrunner

Thorn (Kalifreth)

Shrike

Sandwich

Maeglamor

...did I mention any others in the last one? I think I mentioned Black Ace, but I'm not sure, and possibly Delphina.

Any admins that I mentioned before that are not currently active I'm going to have to kill (sorry guys ;)), because I can't manage anymore admins :(

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
ut, Kalfireth was formerly known as Thunder
   //Warning\\

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Um... yes :)