Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175515 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That one's already been converted by Sandwich. Try this
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fractux

Re: endgame is actually on the server
Originally posted by Dudedude
Actually the endgame vid for fs1 is under the fs2 movies folder.. it's endgame.rar. The file I can't find is lab.avi. There's a reference to it in the fs1 movie table, but the file isn't on the server.

I though I had moved out endgame. Thanks for pointing that out.

And you're right in noting that lab.avi isn't in there. Just going to d/l it and then post it.  Thanks karajorma.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 06:04:08 pm by 1248 »
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

...Seven in the morning and there's still too many people on the server.  -.-'
For great justice.

Offline Nemo

Found the endgame.avi!!
I have the HOTU version, but downloaded all the FS1 stuff first, so I could play the campaigns in order. thx you guys
I always do what the voices in my head tell me to do.

Hm.  If I want to download all of the vp's, it takes a -long- time.  I leave FileZilla unattended.  Is there a way to make it disconnect from your server after downloading all of the items in the queue?  It's kind of harsh to be banned for two days for that, since it's accidental idling on my part.
For great justice.

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Johnmike
Hm.  If I want to download all of the vp's, it takes a -long- time.  I leave FileZilla unattended.  Is there a way to make it disconnect from your server after downloading all of the items in the queue?  It's kind of harsh to be banned for two days for that, since it's accidental idling on my part.

Read the first post again. It tells you exactly what (it`s in yellow) to do if you are using filezilla.

Hence why I asked people to read the whole post in it`s entirety.

If the keep alive system is off it automatically disconnects you?
For great justice.

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Johnmike
If the keep alive system is off it automatically disconnects you?

Yes, the server will disconnect you.

Offline tr909

Sorry for my odd question maybe, but with the limited access and bandwith and the o so many users i ask if it is possible to start a BitTorrent run. Perfect loadbalancing and everybody can get the 3 CD's and an archive with the cutscenes in avi format. Please your thoughts on that...

it has been atempted IIRC.don't think it was a succes though....
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline SnakeEyes

• Lost generation
My apologies.... I connected to the FTP server to get the AVI cutscenes since I don't know how to convert the MVe's to AVI yet. I accidentally left the keep alives on (In fact I disconnected them, but rerunning the application dind't keep my settings properly) and since I went to sleep while downloading I had to get disconnected by the ADMIN.  Now I'm banned with reason....

Hopefully not forever right??
It's practically my last best hope for.........getting those movies!

****sigh****
I feel like an exile......

Offline SnakeEyes

• Lost generation
hm..... err......

I'm still banned after 3 days, is there anytway to get unbanned?
I feel like an exile......

I'm currently downloading all of the files on the FS2 FTP.  Why?

I know someone who has a website, and he gave me an an account on his 'deathwinds.hosted' section.  I'd like to know if I could put all the files up on that server as an FS2FTP alternitave.  He gave the the okay, but I'd rather have you tell me it's okay to go through with it.

...This download is going to take all day.  x.x'
« Last Edit: November 30, 2003, 10:03:19 am by 1507 »
For great justice.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well a large portion of the files were uploaded by me so you certainly have permission to put up all the avi movies and since all the .vp files are from FS2 there's no reason why you couldn't put those up too. Besides Fractux is working on his big bad FS2 full install anyway so I doubt he'd mind :)

Offline Agent

One question. How do we install this? I downloaded the files for Sparky_hi but I have n clue how to install them? Couldn't you simply upload the whole VP file  instead of dividing it into small pieces?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If the files are split you are most likely dealing with a multipart rar file. In this case you'll want to use WinRAR to decode them.

The files can be several megs smaller when RARed and it's easier to recover from a dropped connection this way so it's a smart idea.

I ask permission and you tell me ways to make it better.  Yay.

I'd put it in rar form, but compared to WinZip, little people have it.

...Even though I prefer Rar any day.

Perhaps I could use SFX?  (Rar Exe)
For great justice.

rar exe should be perfect. i really don;t care, tar.gz would be fine too, but anything that resembles an exe would be best.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Kay.  It'll take me a long while to get it download, sorted, and uploaded.  Give me a month.  At least.  My (genius) dad keeps turning FileZilla off.  e.e'

Say, do you think you could give me a username on your FTP?  If that's not possible, I understand, due to your limited bandwith.  But since I'm downloading everything so that I can lighten the load on your FTP server, I think it'd help me quite a bit.  

My mom's not as ingenius as my dad, so she lets me turn FileZilla when she's on the computer at night.  The only problem is that after 7:00 Eastern Time it's congested.  x.x'  This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I only download at 15 kbps.

Edit:

Ack!  My friend is using ASP to let you download the files using Download.SendBinary to do it.  But it doesn't work for exe's.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 05:14:05 pm by 1507 »
For great justice.

Offline Fractux

I'll set up an account for you when I get home today, and check your PM's for your username and password.

This is what I'll do, since you are going to get the files hosted again. For a while I'll lower the d/l rate of the freespacer accounts, and give you an acount that'll hit 30kbps.

I'll give you the details when I get the account set up.

Cheers!

[If you are having problems getting people to d/l the .exe file just .zip it]