Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175525 times)

Thanks a lot.  o.O  I notice a huge difference.  :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 04:16:04 pm by 1507 »
For great justice.

Alright, I've downloaded everything.  You can delete my account now.  Thanks again, I appreciate it. -Edit- ****.  I just realised now what happens when my great dad turns off FileZilla and things don't finish.  Damaged archive.  Arhg.  x.o  Give me a little while longer in the download department.  Don't delete my usename just yet. -/Edit-

First off, visit http://www.Deathwinds.com  Random spam for my friend, going to host the files if it works.

Second, is there anything else I can upload?  I'd be willing to see if I can get a few other files hosted, too.

Lastly, can you tell my when the FSFTP is updated?  I can do it myself every so often, but still.

Thankies.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 06:30:01 am by 1507 »
For great justice.

This is my current progress.

Battlecruiser_Millenium = Uploaded
Descent_Manager_Kit = Uploaded
Freespace_1\AVI_Cutscences_DracosX = Encountered problem with Ancients2, redownloading
Freespace_1, not including cutscences = FSPort files and related VP Files in Freespace_1\FSPort, zipping.
For great justice.

Offline Fractux

OK cool. Message me when you are done.

Also, I just wanted to point out that you should not host any Fresspace 1 stuff other than the movies, because they are available from download at fileplanet.

[Which is what I was thinking of doing with the FS2 VP files. I don't know why I didn't think about this before... sheesh!!]

But also, you don't have to host the Battlecruiser Millenium folder... that is not even for this game... heh.. it's for BCM [ www.3000ad.com ]

Props to you! Let me know when you are finished. Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Kay.  I should upload:

Descent_Managet_KIT

Freespace_2_x Where x stands for stuff like movies and vp files.

And AVI_Cutscences_DracosX.

Correct?
For great justice.

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Fractux, ive been connecting fine to your ftp server for the longest time with AceFTP. All of a sudden, yesterday it wouldnt let me connect and showed only an error message "Too many people logged in this account" can you make me a tempory account or more accounts that people can log into or allow anonymous users?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
All that basically means is that last time you tried there were a couple of people already online. Should be okay next time you try it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Johnmike
Kay.  I should upload:

Descent_Managet_KIT

Freespace_2_x Where x stands for stuff like movies and vp files.

And AVI_Cutscences_DracosX.

Correct?

Yup those are the files.

x.x  I have a little problem.  The database crashes at files when they get too big.  A 200 MB file kills it.  I'm working on an alternate way, but until then...  x.x;  I'll keep zipping them.  I haven't had much time lately, so...
For great justice.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Fractux

Also, I just wanted to point out that you should not host any Fresspace 1 stuff other than the movies, because they are available from download at fileplanet.

Unless you mean the FSport, other then the .avi movies, none of the Fs1 files should be uploaded, since Interplay never released any of the rights for fs1...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Fractux

Other than the AVI movies, all the files in the fs1 directory are from the fsport.

Hi there, I'm new here. Big fan of the original Freespace, and been looking unsuccessfully for FS2 since I last saw it in a bookstore 2 years ago...

But lo and behold, Underdogs was hosting it!! I'm installing the required files now from the FTP server.

I would just like to give a shout out to the host of the FTP server, the ones responsible for making this space-sim classic finally widely-available, and the Freespace 2 community at large. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Never have I seen a game community remain so active and *productive* since the Half-Life or MMORPG communities, and that's saying something, as those have the advantage of a much larger player base. There's all sorts of cool things to download, the documentation and support is excellent - I feel like I've stumbled into a gold mine ;)

So thank you - your hard work is appreciated by myself and many others who haven't had the time or opportunity to express their gratitude.

Well, good morning!  And...

:welcome:

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Phoenix Six

So thank you - your hard work is appreciated by myself and many others who haven't had the time or opportunity to express their gratitude.

Thanks Phoenix. Remember FS2 spreads like a virus.. hehe ;)

The FTP server wouldn't be here if this community wasn't so productive and active in making FS2 into what it has become.

Cheers!

And:

Hello all!

I aquired FS2 just resently.

But now I am trying to get the missing files.

I am using Total Commander 6 for ftp. But now I have some problems.
The only thing that I need to enter which I don't know is the session field.

Does anyone knows what I should enter there?

I have included an image with all the settings that I do know:

Thank you for your help and for making FS2 a better game!
Creator of Science Fiction Career
Completed: 0.2%
Site: click here

Offline Fractux

Good News.

More bandwidth is now available for the Freespace content on the FTP server.

I now have 3 slots available, each with a max of 18.6 KB/s d/l speed.

Rejoice!  (ok, well not really :D )

Cheers!

IRT the previous post, you can call the session anything you like.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 06:29:48 pm by 1248 »

Offline Fractux

Experiencing some network problems. Server will be down until further notice.

Cheers!

Ah man!
Creator of Science Fiction Career
Completed: 0.2%
Site: click here

Offline tr909

Well for downloads sake why is there still no BitTorrent distro, that way everybody can download it on shared bandwith. i suggest a base package so that (small) additions could be http/or ftp served.

make one, then! perhaps people haven't had the time or the knowledge.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm