Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175520 times)

Offline varus

I'm getting the same thing as Aspa, using CoffeeCup Free FTP.

Offline Shades

I'm also having the same problem as Aspa and varus, with FileZilla.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey, welcome to HLP Forinec and Shades. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Molish

Someone just brought to my attention that they were unable to connect to my FTP server and were receiving this message
"Connection fail: You are not welcome on this server"
That’s because I banned your IP address for spamming multiple connections (and constantly spamming them). The auto-ban feature is awesome on this FTP server (THANKS FRACTUX!). When I see someone on the auto-ban listing, I make it permanent.

If you want your ban lifted, contact me either here (PM or on this thread, I don't care) or on my ICQ at 209-589-089, and we will discuss lifting the ban. Be forewarned, if I see it happen again I will make the ban PERMANENT.

EDIT: Another warning, when the storms came thorugh a tree feel on my power lines and I lost power for a good LONG while. Well, they got power back but now I got no DSL! Must have screwed up the lines bretty bad, I called SBC and told them, but they won't have a crew out here untill Monday of next week. Till then, no FTP guys. I'm sorry  :(
I promise I'll have it back by Monday, so don't count me outta the loop just yet. For those of u who were getting my stuff recently, I was running it on a friends computer, but they can't handel the bandwith for the server, so I had to get rid of it over there.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 12:15:10 am by 2066 »

Offline Shades

That sucks, especially considering your FTP was the only one that worked for some people (including me).

A question about FileZilla. Is it possible to specify in which directory you want to download the stuff into? That would decrease the amount of unnecessary moving files around (this is especially annoying for me since the default directory is on a different hard drive than where I need to move the files, and moving such large files from hard drive to another takes some time and tends to lock up Windows Explorer).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 08:17:56 am by 2112 »

Offline q_gaz_q

• http://www.garytunstall.co.uk
Hope I am not going to get in trouble for this but I think I know why the 'main' (the one thats listed first) (Fractux) doesn't work for most people.

[gst102@andromeda gst102]$ ftp gaming.smoothkruger.ca 6969
Connected to smoothkruger.ca.
220 Fractux's Temp FTP
Name (gaming.smoothkruger.ca:gst102): freespacer
331 Password required for freespacer.
Password:
230 User freespacer logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> passive
Passive mode on.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,4,27,62).
ftp: connect: Connection timed out

The problem I think it the server is behind a firewall / NAT and so reports and internal IP address in response to the passive command.
Obviously external people can't connect to this ip address and it times out.
I checked and if I manually do it using telnet I can open the data connection and get a listing, however doing this for files would be hard (might be able to do it with ncat or something).

I guess any body who it works for has a 'broken' client which disreguards the ip part of the passive command and just looks at the port and connects to the orriginal server.
If anyone knows of such a client I would like to know.

Otherwise some ftp servers can be told their external ip address, if this can be done it would make it work for everyone.

Regards
Gary

Offline Fractux

Hey thanks for the post gary.

Since we switched domains recently, I for got to change the dynamic ip checker of the ftp server to check the new domain. It should be working now, but let me know.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline Fractux

Doh can't beleive I forgot this for you Gary.

:welcome:

:)

Offline q_gaz_q

• http://www.garytunstall.co.uk
Well the broadband account is full, but I just checked with the dialup account and it now lets me get a listing so it should work.

I will keep watching the status page!

And thank you for providing the ftp server

Regards
Gary

Offline Shades

Fractux's  servers work for me now. Thanks to Fractux and Molish for making these files available.

Offline Molish

God willing (or SBC in this case) Molishs' FTP server will be up and running again tomarrow (monday). I called SBC to make sure that they would be out here on time. :)

Offline Fractux

The files are being released on the eDonkey Network. So please grab them there [see the first page], and start downloading and sharing them.

Cheers!

Offline Molish

As some of you may already know, THE FTP IS BACK ONLINE!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
SBC is a good internet company (in my eyes). Not only have the fixed my problems in the past (almost a day after I called, except this time becuase so many people had problems becuase lighting struck something important), but they were EXTREAMLY helpful with other things.

But anyway, the FTP IS OPEN!! :)

Offline Shades

Windows 98's registry editor refuses to import the registry keys available from the ed2k page, claiming that they are not valid registry scripts. Help?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I found that the registry scripts on the FTP worked on XP but not on ME. Anyway.

http://www.randomtiger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/freespace/Launcher5.rar

Run the FS2_Open version of the launcher. Should fix all your registry problems.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fractux

these are keys i exported from the XP registry.

Here's whaty you can try and do.

At the top of the registry file it says:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Delete that line and then add it to the registry.

That should work.

Offline Fractux

I reuploaded those regkeys, so other's should not have that problem.

Cheers!

Offline Shades

Windows still says they aren't registry scripts. The launcher worked OK, though - thanks for the link.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 05:33:32 am by 2112 »

Offline Fractux

We'll if everything is working alright for you, then that's alright. You can always copt and paste the content in notepad and save it as a .reg and try tto add it that way, though I doubt that that's the source of the problem (if it is, it would be wierd).

Cheers!

Offline Shades

I still have two problems. Firstly, if I delete the files from the /data subfolders and put the VPs in the main directory as instructed in the text file available from the FTPs, FS2 crashes to desktop on startup. Secondly, I cannot patch the game with the patch available from the FTPs, even if I replace fs2.exe with the retail fs2.exe available from the FTPs. From the error message, it appears as if I have the wrong version. I'd look what is available at the official FS2 site, but it appears to be down.

(Edit: I looked at FSDoc and noticed the alternate patch link from Nodewars. I'll promptly test if it works.)

(Edit: It doesn't.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 10:42:36 am by 2112 »