Author Topic: Campaign Ideas  (Read 21602 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Hey Maeglamor, how are you doing on the turreting and the Vasudan fighter?

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

"'Tis only a flesh wound!"
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I've been going through some of the ingame destroyers to get some idea of turret sizes and numbers. I haven't started the vasuden fighter yet cos I was just finishing up the lower detail models for the destroyer, I just need to finish the "debris" one. I think it might be wise to do a remodel of the excalibur since it's the primary fighter in the game. What do you think?

Offline Grey Wolf

That's probably a good idea. Do you still have the file? It'd probably be a good idea to add a little bit more detail and it doesn't have the lower detail versions or debris. I hadn't noticed that before!  

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
How soon do you need these done anyway?

Offline Grey Wolf

Doesn't matter. I haven't set a release date for the campaign yet.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
It's just that I'm thinking about textures right now, haven't really got anything finished just a few preliminary ideas.

If you don't mind I'd like to totally redesign the excalibur, I've got something on paper which you might like, I'm in the early stages of building it.When it's finised I'll send it to you and you can tell me what you think.

Offline Grey Wolf

I'll hold on to the original just in case. Also, I forgot to mention this but it has 9 turrets (at least my version). 5 in front and 2 mounted on each wing.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
9 Turrets?!? On a fighter?

Offline Grey Wolf

Oops! Meant gun mounts!  

Offline Grey Wolf

Guess I don't have much common sense either! (No, Setekh, I'm not asking for a change in my title.)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Whew  

Still, that's a lot of hardware for a fighter, balancing may be hard. The fighter would have to be pretty bulky to look realistic, what is it a heavy strike craft?

Offline Grey Wolf

It's an experimental craft, with an advanced reactor, whith lot's of primaries but a rather small secondary bank. It's armor is only about average (about as heavy as an Appolo's), and the biggest standard weapon it can use is the Prometheus S, but it can carry the experimental Thor cannon and the Flare Gun, some of the custom weapons I'm working on right now, with pretty good speed. If you still think that's a lot, go look at Max's Phoenix. 12 gun mounts! Actually, on second thought, lowering the Excalibur's gun mounts to 7.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 04-06-2001).]

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
That actually sounds pretty good, I was sorta cringing in wait for some super fighter that was just no challenge to fly.

It looks like you've given it a lot of thought, I'll see if I can come up with a design that does the concept justice  

Offline Grey Wolf

Thanks. Actually, when I first designed it looked a lot crappier, was using FS1 weapons, but could've whipped any FS2 ship. But when I came up with the idea for the campaign, I started a massive process of scaling it down. Glad you like it though. Always good to have people on a team agree.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Well, the Erinyes already has 8...

Offline Grey Wolf

When I originally designed it it had 15 gun mounts. Now you know why I scaled it down.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Fifteen!

Point and spray and everybody go boom  

Starwing

Including your own ship, with the terrible quality of GTVA heatsinks...

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Eeek! 15 gun mounts?

I'll stick with my beloved Perseus and it's four mounts. That way, I can afford to miss.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Sushi:
Eeek! 15 gun mounts?
I'm away for a few days and you see what happens! If you read more than the last post, Sushi, you'd have seen the final product will have SEVEN gun mounts.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."