Author Topic: Campaign Ideas  (Read 21517 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Oh yeah, also set up a page for the camapgin on my site:  http://www.geocities.com/jdd1617/shas.html . Enjoy!  
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Grey Wolf

All weapons MODs have been completed. Here's some info on the weapons:

GTW-42 Thor:
After the Second Great War and seeing the effect beam cannons had on capship battles, the GTVA started work on adapting them for fighter use. The final result was the GTW-42 Thor. With a higher amount of damage than the Kayser and the ability to continue firing without breaks, the Thor cannon can take out a Lilith-class cruiser in 3 minutes without the help of missiles and bombs. However, the design limits one Thor cannon per fighter, and limits it to one gun mount firing. However, other weapons can be mounted in addition to the Thor, and it's extremely high damage rate makes it worth it.
GTW-15B Flare:
A modified version of the GTW-15 Avenger, this cannon can cause extreme damage to subsystems, but it lacks in shield and hull damage. This design replaces the standard Avenger projectiles with explosive projectiles designed to pierce armor and explode. With a higher damage rate and a superior reload rate, it should be used over the Akheton SDG whenever the mission profile allows it.
And I have one question: Does anyone care or should I stop posting these updates?

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

Any and all Bosch Beer is hereby stolen - ahem, confiscated - by the GTVA - No, ensign, don't get out the cups yet - and must be sent to the GTXD Mars Class Destroyer, the GTD Wolf - Corporal, I said we wanted pizza, not hamburgers! - stationed in this system. Any reluctance to comply and we'll make you our pinata - ahem, PoW - until further notice.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I'M interested...keep posting.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Grey Wolf

Just asking because the last time someone replied was Bushwacker back on April 12th. I NEED the feedback. I decided I'm bored so I'm going to do more weapon MODs, perhaps a Shivan and a Vasudan version of the Thor. So what do you all think of the weapons? And a hint: Anyone who makes a fighter beam cannon, stick with Type-2 and don't set the mass higher than .2 because any other type makes it not work right and a mass higher than .2 makes it into a mass driver that makes the Flail and Morning Star look like pop guns. Want proof? I had the Thor w/ a mass of 0.5 (same as Kayser) and it was powerful enough to spin a Lilith.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I like the idea of the Thor- it'll be good to see a balanced fighterbeam. I'm not sure how necessary the Flare is though- isn't it just a Disruptor with more punch?

------------------

Offline Grey Wolf

The Flare is a tactical weapon, but it has potential because it not only deals subsystem damage (~32) but it also deals hull (~16) and shield (~6, don't laugh, I copied the Avenger alomost exactly except the "pierce" tag that I added and the fact that it deals more subsystem damage), so you're not sacrificing the chance to do other damage. It was just an idea I had a while back. Anyway, I completed the Shivan version of the Thor, the Shivan Ultra Laser, which is almost identical to the Thor except the damage is a little bit less, and I also started adapting the weapons to the Velocity scale (following your directions exactly  ).

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

Any and all Bosch Beer is hereby stolen - ahem, confiscated - by the GTVA - No, ensign, don't get out the cups yet - and must be sent to the GTXD Mars Class Destroyer, the GTD Wolf - Corporal, I said we wanted pizza, not hamburgers! - stationed in this system. Any reluctance to comply and we'll make you our pinata - ahem, PoW - until further notice.

Offline Grey Wolf

I've been playing around w/ weaponry for those two main turrets on the Mars. Say hello to the BFGold  ! With those two mounted on the turrets a Sathanas turns into space dust. 10 times as powerful as a BFRed and with a reload rate almost twice as fast as the BFGreen, it can cause tons of damage. Also, did I announce here about the campaign having a version of all the tables using Sushi's V-MOD?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
oooh....BFGold.
[slobber]

How are you going to justify the existence of THAT beam?

------------------

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions

Hmmm, how about an accident when they were trying to create a new type of electric toothbrush?

"It wasn't my fault, I just switched it to superclean and half the station kinda dissapeared. I didn't even use any toothpaste..."

------------------
Brain over...
Insert coin

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
AH yes! V-mod! that's a good idea  

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Sushi:
oooh....BFGold.
[slobber]

It was designed using the scans Alpha 1 did of the Sathanas and also reverse engineering from the BFReds on the destroyed Sathanas. However, only two turrets on the Mars can mount it (the rotating ones) and it creates a HUGE drain on energy. I'm going to have to go make a new Shivan Juggernaught now to be it's nemesis. Even though it will not have the huge advantage the Sathanas had over the Collosus, that'll be one big battle.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Good thing you told me that, I was going to tex those two huge rails on the front "prongs" of the destroyer to look like huge cannons.

Offline Grey Wolf

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, your tight: The prongs do make better turrets for this gun. Maybe we'll mount BGreens on the rotating ones, or perhaps BFGreens . . .

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm tight?  

Over here in Ireland that means you wouldn't want to mess with me  

The only problems I see with the two prongs is the restricted firing arc if you mount beams there. It would look "A1 Supar" though.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I'd avoid using the long skinny beam mount plan with Terran ships- it just isn't the way things are done.

Although if it is based on Sathanas tech, maybe it's an engineering necessity...  

------------------
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Grey Wolf

Not copying the long skinny beam mounts, just the gun's internal design. Take a look at these pictures:

See those raised sections on the inside of the front arms? Those are what we're talking about to mount the BFGold on.

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 05-15-2001).]

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Yup, if I ever get round to doing a tech spec then you'd find out that those two wing thingies are the sensor array.

By the way GreyWolf, I've had to DL Rhino again (expiry date thingy won't let me save anymore) but the good news is that my tests finish on the 24th so after then I'll have more time to build you a vessel to be proud of.  

I'm not 100% on building POF files though, I mean I can build and texture this thing in 3DSmax but if you're actually looking me to turn any of my models into working POFs then it might take a while for me to figure it out.

Offline Grey Wolf

I can fight w/ the POF files. I just completed my first working capship, which also happens to be the Mars' nemesis, known as the SJ Cernunnos (Cernunnos was a Celtic god of the underworld). With three prongs mounted with a new weapon known as the BFBlack (3 times stronger than the BFRed) and 2.5 times as many HP as a Sathanas, it is a formidable foe. However, it only has 23 turrets, even though most are armed w/ BReds (16 out of 23, w/ 4 Long Range Flak thrown in). I've also scaled down the BFGold (only 5 times the damage of a BFRed). I loaded up two Sathanas (1 w/ 2 BFGolds and 1 w/ 3 BFBlacks, no other turrets loaded up) and guess what: simultaneous kill. This should be fun . . .

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 05-21-2001).]

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
BFBlack? That I'd like to see.  

------------------

Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Grey Wolf

It's barely visible. When I tested the Cernunnos w/ the BFBlack vs. the Collossus  I didn't even know it was hitting the Collossus until I targeted the Collossus and saw that the integrity had dropped to 9% from one hit! The Collossus didn't even get a shot off! It had started it's engines to get within range to fire and was almost immediately hit by the beams and then, it was blowing up.

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 05-22-2001).]