Author Topic: Campaign Ideas  (Read 21598 times)

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
a black beam could work

pity the FS2 engine doesnt support a sort of refraction effect..

[This message has been edited by wEvil (edited 05-22-2001).]

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I don't know much about beam editing, so you'll have to tell me if this is possible...

It obviously needs to be a visible weapon. Howabout making it just a really, really, really deep purple, with the outside edge being the brightest and the core completely black. That way, it would look like a black beam that just fades a bit at the edges, and you'd be able to see it.

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah!! DEEP PURPLE

Smoke on the water rules!!

------------------
Brain over...
Insert coin

Starwing

Deep purple beam? I should have something like that lying around somewhere, a weapon I called X-Ray Beam. It's mainly a spiced up BFRed originally made for Bejond Earth's big bad guy, the TiJ Nemesis. Too bad, I'm busy with other things...

Offline Grey Wolf

I've redone the Cernunnos. It now has 35 more turrets (58) and a debris layer. It's only going to have one LOD (high detail). I'm working on turreting now and should have it working by the end of the week.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Grey Wolf

Here's a pic of the Cernunnos. Quality isn't very good, but bear with me.

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 06-02-2001).]
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
indeed  

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

Originally posted by venom2506:
indeed  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm working on it... exams... argh  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Grey Wolf

Go here to see the Cernunnos.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions

On the SHaS site:
I’d love to give you all updates on the Amon-Ra, the Mars, and the Excalibur, but I haven’t heard anything myself

What exactly is this supposed to mean? I've been on ICQ and AIM when you were on and you never even asked me how far I was along or that you needed pics. Bear in mind that I'm doing my damnest to try and learn how to put pofs together and that both ships need to be textured and given all detail levels. You said I had lots of time anyway and you were in no hurry a while back.

I get the feeling that you're trying to add pressure and with all the antics regarding the mess you started abut hosting you're not doing yourself any favours.

Offline Grey Wolf

Sorry about that Maeglamor, but what I meant was that there has been no progress not discussed on the forums about the Excalibur and the Amon-Ra that I know about, and no substantial work on the Mars that I know about other than that you're planning on using reddish textures, and that you're busy w/ tests and should have it done in a while.

Offline Grey Wolf

I've completely redone the news entry. I think you should find this more favorable:

Thanks to Setekh and rest of the admins for setting up the  hosting at HLP for me. I’ve updated the downloads so Operation: Underground is now available in two parts: missions and sounds. Also, I’ve released pics of the SJ Cernunnos. 7 KM long, 58 turrets, it’s a fitting succesor for the SJ Sathanas. Also, I’ve started work on a Shivan installation. Maeglamor is working on turreting and texturing the Mars, and from what I’ve heard it should look pretty good. The Excalibur has been redone, and I hope to get a pic up soon.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
That's OK, actually I'm a little embarrased that I went a bit over the top there. This pof building thing is fairly aggravating, silly little things have a huge impact on whether or not the model works. Thanks to Morris13, Shrike and a lot of others (thanks guys) I've actually got a working LOD1 hull (no turrets and 1 simple tex.).
Previously there were problems with the bounding box but that seems to be fixed and as yet I still have to test a turreted one (is that even a word?   ).

Other than that I've been working on giving the Excalibur fighter (have you thought of a new name?) a more streamlined appearance so I'll send you the finished LOD0 sometime soon. Textures are currently on the back burner until I get a fully working pof but I am getting there. I'll keep you posted if any major stuff comes up.

------------------
AAAGGGHHHHH, SOMETHING GREEN!
(easily scared people from the planet of the easily scared people)

[This message has been edited by Maeglamor (edited 06-07-2001).]