Author Topic: Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict  (Read 25938 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict
Originally posted by MatthewPapa
So ist was der gegenwärtige Status dieser Kampagne? 88 Missionen Töne recht interessant zu mir (ich scheine wiequantität
Überqualität irgendwie). Ich kann in der LageSEIN, bei etwas von der Übersetzung zu helfen,
obwohl mein Deutsch schwach ist.  Ich kann Ihnen etwas webspace geben auch, wenn Sie einiges...
benötigen Lassen Sie mich einfach wissen.

Lot's of grammar errors here...
It should go something like this:

Was ist der gegenwartige Status dieser Kampagne?
88 missionen horen sich recht interresant (Ich bevorzuge quantitat uber qualitat irgendwie).
THIS ONE IS OK
wemm sie ein eigenes benotigen...

not bad...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
doesnt look like Pathways is going to last long, and if it does im only a beta tester.

do you want me to start the translation? And where should i start translating from (mission 1?)?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
hey, pilot. you're giving up on Pathways to soon. we just had a rocky start, and we're still in the rocky part.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
No im not giving up on it (i really dont want to see the campaign die), im just waiting for people to get their missions ready for beta testing. Also has the Game Warden forums gone down? because i cant seem to get to it.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Ok, ive almost got mission 1 translanted but i need some help with translating the following lines:

Greifen sie im Notfall die Hammer of Light an und jagen sie sie vom Konvoi fort. In einer Hinsicht müssen wir sie jedoch warnen, Commander Rendendt: passen sie unbedingt auf die Aten-Kreuzer der HoL auf. Der Feind besitzt immer noch dutzende dieser veralteten Schiffe, jedoch hat man sie verändert. Die HoL hat die meisten Systeme entfernt und grosse Reaktoren eingebaut. Diese Schiffe sind zwar nach wie vor schutzlos, doch haben sie nun fast alle ein oder zwei grosse Strahlkanonen. Ein Kreuzer kann somit den ganzen Konvoi zerstören. Passen sie also gut auf.

Ihr erster Einsatz auf der Titan ist vorbei. Während Ihrer Arbeit auf der Titan werden ihre Missionsberichte bitte zuerst bei mir, Missionsprotokolant Hendriks, abgegeben. Ich werde mir ihre Einsätze ansehen, beurteilen und registrieren.

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
whichs lines do you dont understand?

i think, it would be better, if you dont translate them 1to1 ... a bit of variation would be good, because thats not sooo perfect german ;)

Ok, should be like this:

In case of necessity attack the Hammer of Light and drive them away from the convoi. But you need to be careful: Take a look at the old Aten-cruiser from the HoL. The enemy still has dozens of those ships, but they have been modified. The HoL has removed most of the systems and installed bigger reactors. Their armor is still weak, but nearly all own one or two bigger beam cannons. So one of those cruisers can easily blast the whole convoi into pieces, so be careful.

Your first mission onboard the Titan is over. During your work here, you have to deliver your mission reports first to me, "mission protocol-manager" Hendriks. I will then check, rate and register them.

@ mFuSe: It is good german, no errors inside his text^^.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 11:38:12 am by 2447 »
Planet-Fiction.de - your Resource for SciFi-Games!

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
also auf deutsch ;)
denn mein englisch ist schlecht das es kracht :D
meinte auch net Grammatik oder Rechtschreibung

Der Feind besitzt immer noch dutzende dieser veralteten Schiffe, jedoch hat man sie verändert. Die HoL hat die meisten Systeme entfernt und grosse Reaktoren eingebaut. Diese Schiffe sind zwar nach wie vor schutzlos, doch haben sie nun fast alle ein oder zwei grosse Strahlkanonen. Ein Kreuzer kann somit den ganzen Konvoi zerstören. Passen sie also gut auf.

also der erste Satz klingt etwas "hölzern"
vor allem ingame sollte man nicht ellenlange texte lesen ,daher könnte man das etwas abkürzen ;)

z.b.
Der Feind besitzt noch viele Schiffe der alten Athen Klasse, modernisiert mit starken neuen Reaktoren und 2 Strahlkanonen.
Die Panzerung wurde jedoch außer acht gelassen und so sind sie immer noch leicht verwundbar.

im original klingt das "zwar nach wie vor schutzlos" und dann das "Ein Kreuzer kann somit den ganzen Konvoi zerstören" irgendwie gegensätzlich, daher sollte man das anpassen ;)

MfG mFuSE

Achso, naja, es geht schon. Ich mag es auch net, wenn bei einer Missionsbeschreibung nur 2 oder 3 Sätze drunter stehen. Ist mir zu wenig, kommt aber leider in Revenge auch manchmal vor.^^

Offline mitac

Ich bin hoffnungsvoll dass ihr das ändern könnt. ;)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Naja, bei manchen Missionen muss man halt leider nicht viel dazu sagen*gg*...und außerdem wollen wir ja die Deutsche ins Englische übersetzen, net die Deutsche verbessern^^... :)

Offline mitac

Nun, aber es bietet sich schon an, oder? Die Qualität steigt und fällt auch mit den (De-)Briefings. Und bei dem, was ich bisher von RFC sah, besteht da durchaus Bedarf - zumindest auf mich wirkte es streckenweise arg abschreckend.

Naja, manchmal ja, aber einige Leutz hier wollen das Teil auf englisch, darum hat das ja erstmal Prio 1 denke ich. Aber an den Stellen, wo es wichtig ist, steht wahrlich genug Text^^...gerade zum Schluss hin.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
you guys are giving me a migrain with all that German... but it's giving me a chance to learn it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
@mFuSE - im not translating them 1to1. I am actually giving it quite alot of variartion, but it still basically means the same as what it says in german.

And ive completed translating mission 1. Ive started mission 2 and almost finished it, and i need to know what the following words mean - schnellstmöglichst, Eleminieren, Lazaretschiff, vohanden, Geschader, Feuerleitzentrale,

Ich bin schon unterwegs, Sie könnten mir aber ruhig zur Hand gehen, John...

Also, der Feind ist da, worauf warten wie noch?

Hier Zerstörer Titan, erreichen das Frachtdepot. Feuerleitzentrale: Buggeschütz auf den Kreuzer ausrichten und Feuern!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 03:15:41 pm by 1659 »

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by -Vulture-
Ok, should be like this:

In case of necessity attack the Hammer of Light and drive them away from the convoi. But you need to be careful: Take a look at the old Aten-cruiser from the HoL. The enemy still has dozens of those ships, but they have been modified. The HoL has removed most of the systems and installed bigger reactors. Their armor is still weak, but nearly all own one or two bigger beam cannons. So one of those cruisers can easily blast the whole convoi into pieces, so be careful.

Your first mission onboard the Titan is over. During your work here, you have to deliver your mission reports first to me, "mission protocol-manager" Hendriks. I will then check, rate and register them.

@ mFuSe: It is good german, no errors inside his text^^.

Lemme see...first sentance is O.K.
then it should go like this:

In a way I must warn you Commander Renent: pay special attention to the Aten cruisers of the HOL. The enemy still has dozens of those old ship, but they have been modified.

Next one is OK..and then:

Alltough this ships are just as poorly defended as before, allmost all of them have one or two large beam cannons.

the reast is OK

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
schnellstmöglichst - as fast as possible
Eleminieren - eliminate
Lazaretschiff - erm...Looks like Lazaret's ship..
vohanden - available
Geschader (should be geschwader) - squadron
Feuerleitzentrale - gunnery control

*Not bad for someone who learned german watching TV?:D*

Offline mitac

Originally posted by TrashMan
Lazaretschiff - erm...Looks like Lazaret's ship..

"medical ship" is better. Lazarett translates as "military hospital".

*Not bad for someone who learned german watching TV?:D*

Indeed. :yes:

@ Trashman:

Yeah, my first try was a bit too free i think. Your's better. Sometimes the right words just dont come into my mind*g* ;)...

and...

vo[r]handen - available

The rest is perfect.^^

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Meh... I just used copy/paste for the words that needed
translation. I didn't even notice the error in vorhanden..

Actually, I consider english and german allmost my native languages. Guess when you spend years watching foreign channels you can master a language perfectly.
Too bad I forgot so much italian (shows became crappy, so I switched to german channels)

That reminds me.. I downloaded RFC days ago..should give it a try allready:D