Author Topic: Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict  (Read 25936 times)

Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict
@Darkilein: Ja, würde mich freuen, wenn die Mod weiter im Netz verbreitet wird, Du kannst sie gerne übersetzen, denn für mich alleine wäre es echt zuviel Arbeit, zumal ich momentan an meinem Abitur arbeite. Aber ich kann dir sicherlich etwas Arbeit abnehmen, damit es schneller geht.

Warum machen wir es nicht so: Du fängst mit der Übersetzung in der letzten Mission an und ich fange mit der ersten an? Dann kommen wir uns näher bis wir uns in der Mitte treffen und die Mod dann im englischen releasen können!:)

@karajorma: THX 4 the links, I'll look them next time until I'm gonna making a new mission:nod:

Actually, I'm thinking about a new episode, continuing the Revenge FC Plot, but this time I really need someone for moddelling new ships, 'cause I'm laking in the needed skills for this.
Building the needed new weapons isn't the problem, I make every day about 5 new weapons, I already have a story for the plot and so on....think it would be nice:D
Author of Revenge Final Conflict

you might want to try and find already made and released models first. Aldo's modeldump (do a search) should be a good source, also,the OTT models have been released, IIRC.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Yes, I already thought about this, but I'm not sure  if I'm allowed to use those modells for my new mod. There are in fact great modells and I've got thousands of ideas how to use them for the plot, but maybe not every modeller will give me the permission of using the modells for a new mod.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Any model which has been "released" is available to be used by anyone who wants to. As a matter of principle the MG team always contacted the designer but we were generally met with comments along the lines of "We already said you can use it. Why are you talking to me?" :D

Quite a few campaigns like Aldo's Casualties of War have stated that you can use anything you like from their campaigns as long as you give them credit.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

So, I'll release Revenge FC now in Internet, I think it's time to do so ;)

You download it in two versions here:

Revenge: Final Conflict --- German Version (Original)

And here the other version, I hope I can update it as often as possible, because it is in german, too. The missions aren't yet translated, I only translated just the readme and install files.

Revenge: Final Conflict --- US Version (Pre Translated, Alpha Status)

If someone of you wants to translate a mission, he/she can do so, send the mission back and I'll update the folder.:)

PS: Both packages contains the fixed mission 050-revenge.fs2!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 07:05:03 am by 1703 »

ok ich fang von hinten an und du von vorne.. kann aba dauern da ich die nächsten 2 wochen ma wieder auf montage bin und somit kaum zeit haben werde
Dark shadows fall on this sacred ground
Where true evil lies, summon them to rise
Take the traitors, thieves and liars
Feed them to the fire
But first, spread their blood around
The message will be found

Geht mir genauso, ich muss fürs Abi arbeiten und noch ne Facharbeit schreiben, aber ich denke lieber irgendwann als nie. Und aus der Mode kommen wird Freespace schon nicht ;)

ich wills hoffen :D
Dark shadows fall on this sacred ground
Where true evil lies, summon them to rise
Take the traitors, thieves and liars
Feed them to the fire
But first, spread their blood around
The message will be found

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
So, the two of you finally met. It's cool to have a few Germans here at HLP. Welcome to the both of you. :nod:

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Well, I hope a third german will join us, he's a old friend of me and lived for some years in the US, so he speaks proper german and english, I hope he'll help us with the translation of the Revenge project :)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Sweet. You guys should think of taking up some voice acting too, you know, German accents are really cool. ;)

Hehe, why not? :)

But the problem is, because of the mass of characters more than 15 different voices would be need *phew*

there are some sites out there that do voice acting for free, ask Stunaep
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah, even ask around here. Heck, even I can voice act... not very well, but you know, I'm still a voice. ;)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I can do American, hehe :D

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
Yeah, I know, in some parts I really coded that mod very bad....excuse for this...

But I'd like to tell you one thing, some month ago I had my 19th birthday. I started workin for this mod in the middle of 2001, so I coded the mod when I was just 16 years old, day for day, I worked more than 5 houres a day, for over 11 month. And I made this mod allone...

So maybe you understand me if there some bugs in it

PS: Don't matter why the mod didn't get released until November 2002, after finishing I needed more than 4 months to tell to Gamestar about this mod, until they released it.

wow ... was man in diesem Forum so alles findet :eek2:
du bist also wirklich der macher dieser mod?

wirklich höchsten respekt dafür!
und überhaupt, das du die gamestar dazu gekriegt hast, den mod zu veröffentlichen
.. dafür das du alleine dastands sowas ist natürlich unglaublich schwer :sigh:

nun, da ich die gelegenheit habe, par sachen wollte ich doch gerne loswerden :-D

die campain ist ja allgemein recht schwer, aber par missionen kommen doch knüppeldick :-D
vor allem die hier:
http://mfuse.afc-clan.net/bilderarchiv/upload/revenge/besuch.jpg

... wissen die spieler welche gemeint ist? :-D
die kapermission ...
allein die idee, in der nähe eines neutronensterns würden die schilde versagen war ja genial .. und dann noch die passende umsetzung dazu ... wow!
..nur das machte die mission auch "a bissle" schwer :roll:

ehrlich gesagt .. ohne cheat habe ich des nicht geschaft das mir mein schiffchen heile bleibt ;)
http://mfuse.afc-clan.net/bilderarchiv/upload/revenge/mmbzzzzzt.jpg

und auch sonst, wie du das hingekriegt hast:
http://mfuse.afc-clan.net/bilderarchiv/upload/revenge/heimflug.jpg

..einfach nur wow :eek:

...danach viel mir aber dann doch noch ein bug auf:
und zwar die mission in der man auf die vasudaner trifft - und diese vernichten muss (musste das denn unbedingt sein? :-p) - ein schiff davon war unverwundbar .. und daher konnte ich gar nicht alle vernichten  .. meine marco polo flog dann immer ins leere:
http://mfuse.afc-clan.net/bilderarchiv/upload/revenge/marco-polo-verwaist.jpg

..und wurde dann von ner supernova vernichtet (bzw von der "timeline ausradiert")

insgemsat gesehen, ein genial mod - umsomehr wenn die entsehungsgeschichte zutrifft :-D
..indem alter habe ich noch mit mspaint gespielt :sigh:

btw: i know this thread is old - but i have to take this opportunity and post some feedback to the maker of this mod ;-)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
:welcome:

mFuSE

:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
hehe, thx :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by mFuSE
btw: i know this thread is old - but i have to take this opportunity and post some feedback to the maker of this mod ;-)

No problem. I believe he is lurking about here on a newer thread though :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Einmal in Deutsch:

Super vielen Dank für dein Mega Feedback! Freut mich echt sehr, dass es dir gefallen hat!

Hier kommt übrigens der Bonus, ich habe das bisher niemandem erzählt....aber....

Im Winter 2005 wird

REVENGE 2 - The dark AbyssREVENGE 2 - The dark Abyss

erscheinen! Vorbereitungen laufen! Ich hoffe, ich kann in ein paar Wochen den ersten Trailer veröffentlichen!

And here in English:

THX for the huge feedback, I'm very glad you liked it. And here comes a nice bonus, I've never made the announcment before, but now, I do it!

In december 2005...

REVENGE 2 - The dark Abyss

will be released by me! I'm allready preparing everything. Like the one before, I will be the sole worker on it. But I'll use some Inferno Ships therefore the GTVA has some new ships and enemys in the next centuries ;)

I hope, I can release a first trailer in the following weeks.