Author Topic: Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict  (Read 25871 times)

Offline mitac

Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict
Try making a new pilot, that often helps.
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Yeah, i know, but not this time...tried it out. :(
Planet-Fiction.de - your Resource for SciFi-Games!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's rather strange. The revenge .tbl file should take precidence over those two. Unless.....

Are you playing RFC using the -mod  option? Or have you got the RFC VP file in your main FS2 folder?

What I suspect you'll need to do is update the .tbl file yourself. This isn't too hard a prospect but is boring and time consuming enough that you won't be pursuading me to do it :D

If that is the problem I'll talk you through it though :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Ok, something to say first:

If i make a special folder for RFC (with its vp-file and data/missions/"all missions-files"-folder in it) and select this folder in the launcher, the mod isnt even recognized by the game, i dont see any chapters from RFC in the campaign menu.

I have no tbl-files in the data/tables-folder.

So i copied the vp from revenge over the original one and named it fs2_root.vp and all missions are in the missions-folder. If i do it this way, without any additional mv-files for SCP, then i see the weapons from RFC ingame, but they are all set to zero, i cant install them in my fighter.

Anyway, i would appreciate your help^^...

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Do you guys need any help with mission translations?

Oh, and i think that you should translate the campaign first, then try to get it to work with the SCP.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Vulture, if you just move the missions, you won't get the campaigns and the missions will be available in the techroom.  If that's the case, you missed the campaign files, which dictate mission flow and cutscenes.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by -Vulture-
Ok, something to say first:

If i make a special folder for RFC (with its vp-file and data/missions/"all missions-files"-folder in it) and select this folder in the launcher, the mod isnt even recognized by the game, i dont see any chapters from RFC in the campaign menu.

I have no tbl-files in the data/tables-folder.

So i copied the vp from revenge over the original one and named it fs2_root.vp and all missions are in the missions-folder. If i do it this way, without any additional mv-files for SCP, then i see the weapons from RFC ingame, but they are all set to zero, i cant install them in my fighter.

Anyway, i would appreciate your help^^...

Hmmm. You're definately not going about this the right way. You should never copy over the root.vp unless you are absolutely sure that your VP replaces all of its functions.

To install a mod under SCP you should do this.

Make a nw folder called RevengeFinalConfilct (Do NOT include spaces or hyphens in that!).  
Place the revenge final conflict vp in there.
Put the root_FS2.vp back where you found it (if you don't have a copy anymore I have one that can be found here ).
Run the SCP launcher and click on the features tab.
Click on select mod then click on the RevengeFinalConfilct folder. Click OK.
Run the game.

That should at least get the game to work again. Once you've done that I'll tell you how to alter the tables :)

@ karajorma: Read this again, thats exactly what i have done...but i didnt know, that the launcher doesnt like hyphens too...My folder was called "RFC-German". And you see, theres a hyphen in it...damnit...

Ok, now i see the three campaign parts in the campaign menu with all additional mv-files for the SCP. But f.e. in the first mission of the third campain i see all new weapons from FC in the left menu, but they are all set to zero, i cant use them. And when i select the ships-selection-screen, the game crashes to desktop. The missions are working fine.

@ StratComm: I didnt forgot the fc2-files...but anyway, this particular problem is solved now^^...

EDIT:

I just tried a fresh install of FS2 only with standard SCP-files and RFC. It works now, now i only have to see, which other mod was causing the problem in my prior install.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 10:12:35 am by 2447 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What I didn't make clear is that the RevengeFinalConflict folder has to be in your main Freespace2 folder. Putting it as a subfolder of data/missions isn't the correct way to do it :)

I know that^^. Now i have a special folder called "mods" where all campaigns and mods go in. Works fine now, dont know whats caused the problem. Maybe it was another vp-file in my main FS2-folder...
Now i keep everything sorted and clear, so that something like this wont happen again.
Anyway, thanks for your help!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I wouldn't do things that way. Make a different folder for each mod :)

Damnit, i do^^. I have a mods-folder where all mods go into, but of course each mod has its own sub-folder in this mod-folder!:rolleyes: I hope you got it now. ;7 ;) ;)

@ Cobra:

Ok uhm let me remember...88 missions are a lot of space for bugs^^.

In the first mission, the the cruiser jumping in is too far away from the jump node...
Then in mission 58, after the lucifer appears, it destroys the Andro-Terran station but then fires on the malovolence with its main weapons. Of course the corvette gets blasted away in some shot and the mission is lost. You cant do anything against it, cause the lucifer has its shield. So it would be better, if the lucifer fires its primaries at the Marco Polo.
Then in mission 36, where you fly the maras in the nebula, one hygeia, or however those supporters are written ( ;) ), should dock your ship and fly with it to specific coordinates. The Bug is, it docks with my mara, but doesnt fly away with it^^. I see my two wingmen flying away, they're also docked with supporters. But mine wont fly^^. But as i remember correctly...as i played this campaign the first time without SCP, this bug wasnt present.
Then there are those two missions, 25 and 59. They just quit after a certain amount of time. In 25 after some minutes and in 59 when the "Omega-Phase" is about to start. Just a CTD and i dont know whats going on. Maybe too much action around, but my system is anything else, but not weak, it should be able to handle those missions.

So ist was der gegenwärtige Status dieser Kampagne? 88 Missionen Töne recht interessant zu mir (ich scheine wiequantität
Überqualität irgendwie). Ich kann in der LageSEIN, bei etwas von der Übersetzung zu helfen,
obwohl mein Deutsch schwach ist.  Ich kann Ihnen etwas webspace geben auch, wenn Sie einiges...
benötigen Lassen Sie mich einfach wissen.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, matt. translate.

@ -Vulture- I'll get to work on those missions after I'm done with my FA missions.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Originally posted by MatthewPapa
So ist was der gegenwärtige Status dieser Kampagne? 88 Missionen Töne recht interessant zu mir (ich scheine wiequantität
Überqualität irgendwie). Ich kann in der LageSEIN, bei etwas von der Übersetzung zu helfen,
obwohl mein Deutsch schwach ist.  Ich kann Ihnen etwas webspace geben auch, wenn Sie einiges...
benötigen Lassen Sie mich einfach wissen.

Hehe, not bad^^. But im not translating it, we just wan to fix some bugs. I dont have the time for translating, cause im working on a database for Nexus - The Jupiter Incident (sleeper-hit!).

@ Cobra:

Ok, thats very nice.:yes:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 02:17:58 pm by 2447 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
eh? what are you talking about?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Hm?:wtf: I just told MatthewPapa, that i dont have time to work on a translation from RFC, and i said, that youll fix those mission bugs i told you. Whats up?^^

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Well if Pathways doesnt work out or Im not doing anything, then I'll be able to contribute time to help translate the campaign. I may need some help translating mispelt german words, though.

If there are some words you cant translate, post them here, ill help you.