Author Topic: Would anyony like this?  (Read 15291 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Would anyony like this?
Nobody will use it for the simple reason I won't finish it :p
Gank: see the comment about meshsmooth.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Would anyony like this?
self-fulfing prophecy...

Offline Nico

• Venom
Would anyony like this?
Hehe, I can tell the future and decide wat people will do.

I'm god.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Would anyony like this?
How about this Nico, finish the model, release it, we'll make new detailed maps, and we'll have changed the future
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Nico

• Venom
Would anyony like this?
How about no? :D
Really, that oh so wonderful piece of work took, what, 30 minutes to do? People, just try and do the same if you want that kind of crappy upgrade, it's not any difficult. I can even make a max tutorial about how to do that, if you want, so there's no excuses like "yeah you can do that, but I can't".
There, not even a need for a tutorial, coz it's so simple: you get the mesh in max, you delete half of it ( coz there's no point detailing the same thing twice ), you right click on the mesh, choose "convert to -> editable poly", right click again, select "cut", toy around with it a bit so you understand how the tool works ( basically you click somewhere on the mesh, then some other place, hop, it'll create an edge between those two points, magic! ), you "cut" following the map ( cut two times, for inner and outer edges of each bevelled parts so you don't have to use extrude or bevel, which would mess up the UV mappings for those who don't wanna touch UVmapping with a 10 foot long trout ), then you move the resulting vertices around to create the wanted relief. You'll probably end up with unwanted vertices, then you have the second magic tool of "editable poly": you select the unwanted vertice(s), right click, "remove". Hop! the vertiex will be removed w/o deleting the polys around. Cool, heh? It will also (usually, not always, depends on the stucture of the mesh ) remove the edges around it tho so you'll probably have to cut back a few of them. Easy as pie.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Would anyony like this?
Originally posted by Nico
Mmh, I've done the same for the mara ( yup :D ), I'm not convinced, you just can't see the difference, the maps swallow any detail thrown in. And I've exagerated the extrusions, let me tell you. But still no good imho.
Ah, pics, so you can see by yourself what I mean:

ooh, looks detailled enough, right?

Huh! Didn't reemember, but actually, you CAN see the difference: now it looks like ****. No wonder I've never posted about that.

Give it decent maps and it will kick ass.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Would anyony like this?
How about no? :D
Really, that oh so wonderful piece of work took, what, 30 minutes to do?  

theat's what I call 30 minutes WELL SPENT;)
except the fact that it'd take you double of this time to optimize that mesh:p

Offline Nico

• Venom
Would anyony like this?
Originally posted by KARMA

theat's what I call 30 minutes WELL SPENT;)
except the fact that it'd take you double of this time to optimize that mesh:p

I love when nobody reads what I write :doubt:
It would take excatly 1 second to optimize the mesh since I would just have to TURN OFF THAT ****ING MESHSMOOTH I KEEP MENTIONING BUT EVERYBODY KEEPS IGNORING.
For god's sake!
There, I've deleted the max file, so nobody's gonna bother me with it anymore. Good ridance, that'll teach me not to post that kind of old stuff.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Would anyony like this?

There, I've deleted the max file, so nobody's gonna bother me with it anymore. Good ridance, that'll teach me not to post that kind of old stuff.

That was... Childish...
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Would anyony like this?
*points Nico at file recovery software* :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Would anyony like this?
yeah, so hows the hi-poly myrmidon coming along?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Would anyony like this?
I, for one, agree with Nico.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Would anyony like this?
usualy when I have an old uggly file that I have no further use for, I relese it, figureing someone will probly get some enjoyment out of it, but that's just me.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Would anyony like this?
Originally posted by Bobboau
usualy when I have an old uggly file that I have no further use for, I relese it, figureing someone will probly get some enjoyment out of it, but that's just me.

I like your Dark Breed ships a lot, even though you apparently don't.:p

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Would anyony like this?

I love when nobody reads what I write :doubt:
It would take excatly 1 second to optimize the mesh since I would just have to TURN OFF THAT ****ING MESHSMOOTH I KEEP MENTIONING BUT EVERYBODY KEEPS IGNORING.
For god's sake!

Sometimes I want to throw you off a bridge. You make all this cool ****, and then throw it away or **** with it. Do you do this just to piss us all off?:p

--General Battuta

Would anyony like this?
Woolie: it's the curse of being an artist... we're never happy with our stuff, and if it's not up to our personal standards, it's trash :)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Would anyony like this?
Originally posted by ShadowDrakken
Woolie: it's the curse of being an artist... we're never happy with our stuff, and if it's not up to our personal standards, it's trash :)

How true.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Nico

• Venom
Would anyony like this?
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Sometimes I want to throw you off a bridge. You make all this cool ****, and then throw it away or **** with it. Do you do this just to piss us all off?:p

Well yeah, of course :D
I love when people hate me :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Would anyony like this?
You must be in a state of pure bliss now, then. :p Not that I care. I'm more interested in TVWP ships than these V ones. But that's mainly because I make them now. :nod:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline F1gm3nt

Would anyony like this?
study dbrains and trumbars textures

Se that animeish "starburst" thingy outside the cockpit? modle that as detail.

Actually in the last screenshots I posted it is one the -old- [V] textures in the process of being modeled, though I should point out that the "starburst" is actually different in the two examples you provided which brings me to...

yeah, so hows the hi-poly myrmidon coming along?

I downloaded DaBtrains maps and as I mentioned above the cockpit outlining is different, along with a few other minor details so I'm cleaning it up a bit and cleaning up some UV errors that for some reason crept in when I switched the textures. The tailend has been smoothed out a bit also. I'll post more screens when I get it sorted out a bit more.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-- Konrad Adenauer

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.  --Robin Williams

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. --Alber Einstein