Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657861 times)

Re: A celebration of Freespace
HOLY ****!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :shaking: :shaking: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Masturbation is obsolete. :eek:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Christ, that **** is sexy.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
And look at the V-Ram usage.

It's not even using half of my gfx memory. :D

So... I think it's time for public test release in the next few days. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Snail

• SC 5

I soiled myself. Again.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
God dammit, DaBrain, stop holding out on us!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I want to add so much more.... but I even had to remove a "feature", that didn't work very well.

Maybe I can find a way to get it to work for the real final release.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I want to add so much more.... but I even had to remove a "feature", that didn't work very well.

Maybe I can find a way to get it to work for the real final release.

Did you put Normal Maps for the Orion ? :D It looks pretty good.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
I hate those exlosions. You should use BtRL or TBP ones instead of those. Or make new ones.
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't like those explosions either. I'd like to see some explosions like that, but with the quality of the flak explosion.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
And look at the V-Ram usage.

It's not even using half of my gfx memory. :D

hi,
what? no christmas present *cry like a little, very little, baby* ;)

but anyways: impressiv shots and i so  :shaking:

and i wish all a merry chrismas and some good time. :)

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I love those light lines streaking out of the center of that last explosion, DaBrain! Is that something you added on your working build?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
That's the bloom affect of the 3d shockwaves. That bloom affect is present in the medium quality, high quality, and very high quality 3d shockwaves. It's one reason i've never understood why people just love the low end ones, the low end 3d shockwaves look like crap, and as long as you have the medium quality ones you get shockwaves that look like the very high quality ones that run fine on most hardware.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

That's the bloom affect of the 3d shockwaves. That bloom affect is present in the medium quality, high quality, and very high quality 3d shockwaves. It's one reason i've never understood why people just love the low end ones, the low end 3d shockwaves look like crap, and as long as you have the medium quality ones you get shockwaves that look like the very high quality ones that run fine on most hardware.

What's the correct procedure for running the medium quality ones as opposed to the low?
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
First get a hold of the medium quality ones wherever they're still downloadable (Dabrain knows...try searching the fsu forum first though). After that i think they're in the mv_adveffects.vp, but i don't remember. The really cool shockwave downloads were dabs first finished release of them (those also included miniature shockwaves for when bombers blew up...that was really cool and wished it would have stayed).
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Well, now that the new VPs are out, I want to see some nice screenshots.  ;7
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I'll tackle some screenshots when i can. Currently downloading the vp betas and am going to have to use a windows build to test them (sidux user with no 3.6.10 linux build...i await the linux build more than the vp's actually :)). Anyway i can't resist the prettiness that awaits.

SMBFD

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Ok till then I'll post one. ;)

(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Actually that thruster plume looks kind of ugly.

Here's two new shots taken from the new 3.6.10 MediaVPs:

I've seen this game looking good before but this new set of VPs is totally ridiculous.
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb