Author Topic: Freespace: New Age v0.2 (Homeworld 2 mod)  (Read 51809 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Fs Mod For Homeworld 2 Is Alive Again!!!!
I want to annonce good news:
as some of you know FSNA mod was born after the conflicts in Fleet command mod(dead now).
Yesterday Unicron old leader of FC mod offer us a donation of his work. This meand that we have a ready models of many FS2 fighters and bombers plus Rakshasa, Deimos and Hatshepsut.
This means also that only capship that haven't been started yet is NTF Iceni.
Does it means that we're close to finish the mod?? no, thanks to that donation we can focus on creating a subsystems(engines and weapons) for capitals and shields for fighters.

And for bonus:
-GTF Perseus and Herc mk.II are under construction.
-GTC Aeolus screnshots

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:08:39 am by 1471 »

i think i'll work on the beam FXs first... expect more prity pics soon! :D
$quot;If a battle don't have lotsa dead aliens, big spaceships and tons loot, it ain't worth fighing.$quot;
- Duelron1001 - Freelancer Commander

Leader of the Freespace: A New Age HW 2 TC mod

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Hey, last time I tried FS: Fleet Command, I noticed there were some glaring issues with the Units' hit areas. Presumably, there's an area around any given unit that shows where enemy fire impacts and makes a groovy effect. In FS:FC, I noticed that these 'boxes' were quite a ways away from the actual hull of a given ship in some cases. Will this issue be adressed in your transfer of the models from FS:FC to FS:NA?

we'll have to see when we get it, I am still yet to recive v0.34 from Unicorn.
$quot;If a battle don't have lotsa dead aliens, big spaceships and tons loot, it ain't worth fighing.$quot;

update:

ZZ has completed reskining of the Peuses and a comparison is shown above. Rather then use high poly models for fighters and bombers, which would reduce everyone's frame rate down to nearly nothing (normaly there are over 100 fighters and bombers on screen in a all out offensive), we are going to reskin them with better textures. This will mean that fighters and bombers won't miss out on the great work that is being done here at HLP.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 11:07:08 pm by 2331 »

Offline mr.WHO

By Duelron:

the big C is wishing that alpha 1 was there to take our those beams...

but command is too busy looking at the newly reskined Perseus to care.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:38:40 am by 1471 »

awesome.

how much would it cost 2 buy HW2 these days

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Aquatayne
how much would it cost 2 buy HW2 these days

You can order it in the UK here:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=188756

At £8. A bargain really. I imagine it's the same elsewhere, less than £10 / $10 wherever you go I think.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All right, now it's official, I really need to find myself a copy of HW2 :D
Originally posted by mr.WHO
but command is too busy looking at the newly reskined Perseus to care.

So true :p

Offline Hudson

Sorry to ask, as this is a n00b question, when is the next release expected. Its got me all giddy XD

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Man, I might be having to get HW2 just to play this. Also, would it be possible to put in high-poly capships, if not fighters? That'd be ****ing sweet.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

the next release requires set things to be in game and includes massive gameplay changes.

we will most likely be importing high poly cap ships, but only if our test show it to be feasable, ie it doesn't kill everyone's frame rate.

Originally posted by Kalfireth

You can order it in the UK here:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=188756

At £8. A bargain really. I imagine it's the same elsewhere, less than £10 / $10 wherever you go I think.

do they deliver to Australia?

well here on the sunshine coast (about 100km north of brisblane) EB has heaps of copies for sale, so i wouldn't be suprised if other stores do as well.

FSNA IN NEED!

We have a desperate need for single player (SP) missions. we are willing to take anyone who can make SP missions, note this means that you have to be all ready able to - we do not have the time to teach people how to. Even if you can only do one mission we will need you. We have a massive backlog of missions needing to made, so large is this backlog that our main story writer has stoped writing till we make some head way on the stories that are all ready done. note that mission scripters - like everyone else on the team - be able to view all of our stories well before the rest of the public can, some would say that alone is good enough to join up.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 05:35:29 am by 2331 »

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
I'm running HW v1.1 and I can't seem to get into a skirmish without something breaking and closing out HW.  Any ideas?

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
If you mean that you have HW2 1.1 and your HW crashes after you haven chosen the player vs. cpu and pressed the start game button in the skirmish options screen? If so then select from Game Type the FSNA Game rules instead of Deathmatch. Also sometimes it seems to crash if you have forces from different eras in use.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Ah, thanks =)

Kudos on a very neat mod; very much looking forward to seeing the Ravana in action.

duelron, i got ideas for SP.

just get someone to recreate the FS and FS 2 missions. thats like 100 in the bag. just set them up as campains, FS for one, FS 2 as another

that's not what i ment, we have many finshed stories by myself and Ransom but our problem is finding some one who can get those missions in game. it is very scripting heavy and i don't have time to do with my school work.