Author Topic: TBP Base 3.0 and Earth-Minbari War released  (Read 36413 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
TBP Base 3.0 and Earth-Minbari War released
I guess you need to figure out bitTorrent then.

I use Azureus but unless you have the Java Runtime installed you'll probably not want to add the time it takes for that to download to the time it takes to get TBP.

BTW Full marks to the Azureus team for putting up the JRE which you need to run Azureus as a torrent file which if you're a first time BT user you'll need Azureus to get! :D Is it too much to include a link to Sun as well? :rolleyes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

What is BitTorrent?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Long but all you need to know should be here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:confused: um, BitTorrent is saying i'm not authorized to dl the file.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Maybe someone in your area could copy the files onto a CD and mail it to you for cost of CD+shipping???

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
that's a 300 MB file. On most CD-R/RW's they support like 7 or 70 MB.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

70 MB?? Don't most CDs have a 700 MB limit???

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*shrugs* that's what my cd's limits are, anyway. 7-70 MB.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Either you are badly misinformed or you have really crappy cd's, or there's something wrong with your cd-burnings. All CD-R/RW discs today have 650-700 MB (75-80min) capacity, officially. Unofficially some may have even 750 MB (90-min).

Oh and by the way, you need to register before you can download any torrents.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 01:32:29 am by 173 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
figures...

Offline Bester

Excuse me, but how can I add EMW campaign to see it in the campaign room ? :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just install it to the same directory as you installed the base to.

* To play campaigns, select "Campaign" menu where you will see all installed campaigns listed. Select the one you want to play and click "Select" button, then click "Continue" button.
    * To play single missions, select "Tech Data" menu, then select "Mission Simulator" and "Single Missions". You can also play campaign missions you have finished by selecting "Campaign Missions" instead of "Single Missions".

Offline Bester

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Just install it to the same directory as you installed the base to.

* To play campaigns, select "Campaign" menu where you will see all installed campaigns listed. Select the one you want to play and click "Select" button, then click "Continue" button.
    * To play single missions, select "Tech Data" menu, then select "Mission Simulator" and "Single Missions". You can also play campaign missions you have finished by selecting "Campaign Missions" instead of "Single Missions".

Much thanks, but I know it.
Data for EMW contains .vop files, in our case Campaign asks for .fs2 file. Where can I find it ?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Make sure you installed EMW to the same folder as the Base. There should be B5-C-sp-EMW01-missions-2_0.vp in the same folder as B5-Core-3_1.vp.

Now, the EMW campaign should appear in the campaign listing.

There is no need to select an .fs2 file seperately because the game will find it from .vp files.

Offline Bester

Make sure you installed EMW to the same folder as the Base. There should be B5-C-sp-EMW01-missions-2_0.vp in the same folder as B5-Core-3_1.vp.

Now, the EMW campaign should appear in the campaign listing.

There is no need to select an .fs2 file seperately because the game will find it from .vp files.

The CORE version must be 3.1 ? Or can I use 3.0 ?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Whatever version, it was just an example.

Offline Bester

Originally posted by Bester

The CORE version must be 3.1 ? Or can I use 3.0 ?

In any case it doesn't work. :(
The .vp files are located in root directory with B5-Core-3_0.vp, but in single mode I can not see neither campaigns nor missions in Tech Room. What am I doing wrong ? :hopping:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Erm... you're doing wrong that you're going to tech room in the first place.
Please, re-read the instructions I posted earlier...

Offline Bester

Erm... you're doing wrong that you're going to tech room in the first place.
Please, re-read the instructions I posted earlier...

I am NOT going to the Tech Room first. First, as always, I am going to Campaign - but getting still no result from actions I am performing. I've read your previous instructions carefully and applied it at practice. :eek2:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
OK, let's try one more time.

After installation, start the game and
1. Click Campaign
2. Click on a campaign name (Earth - Minbari War)
3. Click Select.
4. Click Continue.
The first mission of the campaign you selected loads up.