Author Topic: Multiple Ship Docking  (Read 20668 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
THose pics are cool. Amazing what you can achieve with the "printscreen" command

I know this is a little off topic and all, but don't those pictures (aspecially of the Shivan freighters) show that you've finally cracked multi-ship docking?
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Uhh... I think thats the point. ;)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
*cracks open Reef* REJOICE! MULTI-DOCK IS REALITY!!!!

Who got it working? I need to buy them a drink one day! :lol:

EDIT:out of Reef!:(switching to Pepsi instead!:sigh:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 05:42:17 pm by 1306 »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by vyper
Uhh... I think thats the point. ;)
Indeed.

*edits first post for clarification* :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yes,. the reason Goober hates us is because we made him rip out an entire section of code and rewrite the whole lot, over 6 months work if I recall correctly, so he's being incredibly modest about what he's done.

Let's hear it for Goob! :D

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Can't add a highlight right now because the system's being buggy, but awesome. I was wondering how long you could wait to let the cat out of the bag. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

...Whoa!

Props to the Goob. :yes:
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Flipside
Yes,. the reason Goober hates us is because we made him rip out an entire section of code and rewrite the whole lot, over 6 months work if I recall correctly, so he's being incredibly modest about what he's done.
Well, I have to be a little immodest and let them know how much work it was, or people will think it was a piece of cake and ask me to do geomod as well! ;)

The six months were how long I was turning it over in my mind before I actually started coding it.  I drew some code flowcharts, but that was about it.  The two weeks were when the real work happened.

Actually, if you want modest, I direct you to taylor.  He just committed most of the Linux codebase into CVS, which amounted to over 30,000 lines of code written or changed over the course of a couple years. :eek2: And he hasn't done any self-advertising, unlike the rest of the SCP team.  So let's hear it for taylor as well. :yes:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I only accept builds from Taylor. His have never failed me, unlike most other builds.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Goob, if you were a (good looking) woman, I would marry you!:D

MULTI-DOCKING!!!!!!

And congrats to Taylor too!!!!! 30000 lines of code. Damn!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 07:19:22 pm by 624 »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Falcon

30,000 lines of code! :shaking:

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Rawk.

Th-th-thirty...THOUSAND?

Damn, man, never knew...
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Yeah. Took him less than a week to merge it all into CVS too, without breaking anything significant. :)
-C

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Taylor's SOC though, he does a lot of sanitizing ;) hehehehehe

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
more importantly, this contest helped goob fix bugs that everyone would have been otherwise screaming about

my entry:
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, now I can ask the question that's been churning in my mind ever since I stumbed onto those screenshots in that zip entitled "something".  Will 3.6.6 have a build of FRED that has full support for the simultaneous docking?  What I mean is, FRED will only allow you to have 2 things connected together as part of those objects' initial status.  What is realy needed to make full potential of this, is to either add a popup menu that allows say, 4 or 5 additional entries, or move all the docking controls in the object editor to a popup menu.  The inclusion of that kind of support will mean that there will be a limit to the number of objects that can be simultaneously docked to the object, as part of initial status.  Its just limited to how many you can display. Of course, that number is not limited if you include additional dockings in-mission via AI orders.  So, will that be done?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Damn, recently os many things that were stated "not gonna happen" have happend. I'm actualy begining to think that someday we might see geo-mod.

(i'm not asking any of the coders to implement, nor do i even anticipate geomod. But if it comes, let's just say I wont be that suprised)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 09:16:32 pm by 2073 »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by T-Man
*cracks open Reef* REJOICE! MULTI-DOCK IS REALITY!!!!

Who got it working? I need to buy them a drink one day! :lol:

EDIT:out of Reef!:(switching to Pepsi instead!:sigh:

As in mixer reefs? Christ son, get a real man's drink like Whisky.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by TrashMan

And congrats to Taylor too!!!!! 30000 lines of code. Damn!

****. Me.

I can't even begin to imagine how many pots of coffee that is. How many bags of Doritos...