Author Topic: GTF Ulysses without Vasudan tech?  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
GTF Ulysses without Vasudan tech?
Originally posted by Raa
Avengers and Banshees > *

I never. Ever. use Prometheus. In FS1 or 2...

Prometheus is a jack-of-all-trades type weapon. It has good overall stats.

Personally I prefer the Herc fully loaded with 6 Banshees. They suck up your energy reserves in no time, but I never was the type to spray the battlefield with gunfire, I prefer to aim carefully and make every shot count.
Nothing beats the satifaction when you nail a Manticore that's just barely in weapons range with a single pull of the trigger :nod:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
heh, bagged a dragon with 2 shots and a prometheus loadout. :D

time to stop hijacking teh thread...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kie99

I think we can all agree on one thing though.  The prometheus R is a steaming pile of horse-crap

EDIT: Look at Cobra's post count:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 02:48:39 pm by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah, and?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That HellBat looks like a Cylon ;)

Ulys tend to be good at tying up enemy fighters/bombers. Even if they don't have finishing power, a squadron of Ulysses can be a severe headache for defence fighters etc.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
especially for heavy attack fighters and Dragons ;)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Avengers are actually better at hull damage than Prometheus O or R, in terms of damage-per-second. I prefer the Avenger.

(The S-variant owns, but it's an apples-and-oranges thing, since the S is 2367 tech and the other two came much earlier.)

Avenger
Pros: Good fire rate (0.25), good hull damage, small energy usage
Cons: Mediocre shield damage

Prom O
Pros: Good hull and shield damage
Cons: Mediocre fire rate (0.3)

Prom R
Pros: Slightly better shield damage than Prom O, with 300m more range
Cons: More energy usage, poor fire rate (0.40).

Banshee
Pros: Insane shield damage, good hull damage
Cons: High energy usage, poor fire rate (0.40), poor compatibility.

Oh, sorry. The Prom R I describe is from my TBLs, not the craptacular one that most people insist on not balancing. :p;)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Cobra
yeah, and?

Oh it doesn't matter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
heh...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
what about kaysers? Nothing like an erynies with dual banks of kaysers!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
kaysers r00l.

Offline Kie99

I think everyne knows my perfect ship and loadout.

Ares
2 Maxim, 4 Kaysers
72 Tornadoes, 13 Trebuchets

Firecrack, the erinyes can't generate the energy to use that loadout, unless you play on Very Easy.

Offline Solatar

In my experience, Ulysses last longer than most other fighters when flown by the AI.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:nod: yep. weird, ain't it? :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by kietotheworld
Firecrack, the erinyes can't generate the energy to use that loadout, unless you play on Very Easy.

Sure it can. Learn to conserve your energy. You can fire a few full volleys in a row, and that's good enough for killing fighters and bombers.

My favorite weapon so far, though, is from Into the Depths of Hell. The Malcifer fires slow-moving shots, so they need a lot of lead, and the individual shots aren't all that great, but that thing's rate of fire will let you rip through a Seraphim in an eyeblink.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:55:23 pm by 2191 »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Inquisitor

The Uly was my favorite ship in FS1, bar none.

I was very sad it wasn't worth much in FS2 :(

Drive by post, sorry :)
No signature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
finally, another FS1 ulysses lover! THANK YOU GOD!!!

yeah, it rocked in FS1.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Cobra, you really needn't post after everyone else.
Seriously, if you don't have anything valuable to add, don't.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Originally posted by Solatar
I'm trying to either match Hercish colors or Medusaish colors, not a simple greyscale job.

umm, did I say I made a simple grey scale job?
no, I said a reskin. wich means new(ish) textures. now granted by todays standards it isn't that great, but back in the day it was prety good.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:sigh: