Author Topic: CVS Builds  (Read 126246 times)

Aww...man, I just installed yesterday's build!  :p
*goes to download update #2 of the day*
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Offline Pol@r!$

There is a problem in FSPort.......When I am playing in whatever mission....everytime, when I fire my swarm missile Hornet type of rocket....it's freezeing and very hard!!! FPS 5 minimum......Tryed to lower the graphic settings and so on.....but without success......Please look at this problem...thx

AND something else....it is also doing, when the Shivans are fireing their lasers....But only the Shivans
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:53:49 am by Pol@r!$ »

P4 builds are not compatible with Athlon builds ?
can you post build commandline with the builds please ?
can you post Athlon build as well ?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 04:11:36 pm by monohouse »

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
There is a problem in FSPort.......When I am playing in whatever mission....everytime, when I fire my swarm missile Hornet type of rocket....it's freezeing and very hard!!! FPS 5 minimum......Tryed to lower the graphic settings and so on.....but without success......Please look at this problem...thx

AND something else....it is also doing, when the Shivans are fireing their lasers....But only the Shivans

COMMAND: INCOMING JUMP SIGNATURE! NEW USER CONFIGURATION!

Helm! Ready all beam cannons!
Lock Beam Cannons and fire on my command!
FIRE!

NO, YOU IDIOT! USE THE BIG BEAM CANNON!
FIRE!
:welcome:

Welcome to HLP! Exits are to the right and left. In the event of a landing of any kind, you can and will be used as a flotation device. Flamethrowers are conviniently located under your seats, however, due to the recent funding cuts, a $3.5 million donation is required to obtain a flamethrower with a full load of napalm in it. If you do not wish to make a donation, your flamethrower will remain filled with water. If you don't wish to donate and still want a working weapon, you'd have to try the weapons locker. However, only HLP Admins, a :v: God, or a Hyperintelligent shade of Blue can open the lock, so you'd have to break in. If you find yourself inside a ventilation shaft and you catch a glimpse of a Shivan, you don't need to worry... much. It's just Carl, and you have two choices with how you want to deal with him:
    1. The first possible course of action is getting one of the weapons from the afore-mentioned weapons locker, and trying to ward off Carl by threatening him with the weapon. Be advised that many of the weapons in the weapons locker are covered with the blood of people who thought it a good idea to break into the weapons locker and use the procured weapon to ward off Carl. So, please, if you decide you want to choose this course of action, choose one of the already-bloody weapons, so you don't get blood all over one of the clean ones.
   2. Your second course of action when you see Carl is to throw your lunch to him and hope he isn't hungry. This is the better option.
   As a final note, please remember that any attempt to use the ASCII characters 0046h, 0053h, and 0033h in sequential order will result in you being trampled by Freespace Fanboys. Your trampled remains will be fed to Carl so that the rest of us don't have to carry around so much food for lunch.

the P4 just means it's optimized for a processor newer than a P3. It should work fine with Athlon.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/14/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 10:45:25 pm by redmenace »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Pol@r!$

:) That's gonna help me. So ok......if U don't know, just let me know ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
For the new guys using these builds. Perhaps someone should warn you that unlike the 3.6.9 RC builds these builds are really here for campaign makers and bleeding edge early adopters and aren't really meant to be the starting point for people new to the SCP.

The 3.6.9 branch is much more stable and has much better support than this one since right now we're trying to fix as many bugs as we can in it. That doesn't mean you can't use these builds. Just that you shouldn't be assuming that cause this thread gets updated with new builds several times a week that it's the best place to get builds from. :)

The Athlon can run P4 optimised builds. You don't need a seperate for it. Basically it's optimised for both CPUs when compared against P3 machines etc.

This problem has already been reported with respect to the maxim. No idea what is causing it though as it doesn't affect the 3.6.9 branch.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This problem has already been reported with respect to the maxim. No idea what is causing it though as it doesn't affect the 3.6.9 branch.

Is that the same as this?
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0001101

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Ah. Sounds like someone does know the cause after all :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

ROFL, NO WONDER MY FPS WERE DROPPING TO 5FPS.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Pol@r!$

OK, thx for your help....now I know, that U know about the problem.......I am writing this, cause I am playing right know in 3_6_9 branch. There was a problem with one mission.....I know..only one mission was causing that, but I tried your build....everything fine but that problem I mentiond it.
THX again after all.......I'll be waiting then  :nod:

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/20/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 12:03:25 pm by redmenace »
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
just downloaded CVS 10/20/06 and noticed missile explosions(missilehit1 i think the ani is called) are not working ingame anymore, also when using this in the TBP the thuster effects are also missing.  :wtf:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Missile explosions are gone, flak explosions are gone, most of the flak particles seem to be gone, muzzleflashes are gone, massive slowdowns seen in for example Kings Gambit using just retail vp files.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline redmenace

when do these first appear?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
It seems to happen in every mission and any user made mission, and the slowdowns seem to happen when captial ships open fire.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
In my tests the problem seems to be present in builds after the 20060902 - that is the 20060904 is the first one that has this issue. And in my case slowdowns seem to be related to beam weapon firing cycles or rather the start of it.. Probably the particle effect that appears on beam firings
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
It's this same thing.  Almost nothing in the particle system works properly after that commit by WMC, and whatever he was trying to do there was wrong anyway.

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/24/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's this same thing.  Almost nothing in the particle system works properly after that commit by WMC, and whatever he was trying to do there was wrong anyway.

Has it been fixed yet? I want to try some stuff in one of the new builds but it's hard to do anything with the framerates going through the floor all the time.