Author Topic: RW 2.1 Patch  (Read 20866 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
You'll have a problem with the final mission with Eris most likely.

She can capture one of the players ships which could have really strange effects in a multiplayer mission

hmm.. I could be done but you would have to make up a entriely new set of events using a special sexp ("player-use-ai") and I don't know if this sexp works in MP
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
You just need to ensure she doesn't try and capture player ships, tis all. Treat any player ships like Alpha 1 in single player mode. ie: she doesn't touch you until a set time elapses and then she does the self destruct thing on you.

Since I'm here... any progress with this Steel? I am fascinated to see the results.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Roanoke

Haven't been ablt to play any recent releases so I have to ask you IPA, but did you manage to fit in the progrssive bonus ships we talked about before the initial RW release ?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Haven't been ablt to play any recent releases so I have to ask you IPA, but did you manage to fit in the progrssive bonus ships we talked about before the initial RW release ?

No, I just replaced it with a "cheat" to unlock all of the ships at the start of the campaign. Something to do with ordering wingment to guard jumpgate arms.

Regards,
Ian
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
So anyone want me to fix Raider Wars for 3.3?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
well it won't be much... so do it...
maybe you can look out for other bugs too (voice in NE does not fit sometimes - and get NS working!! :D)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Yeah fix RW for 3.3. Im just playing through it again (I haven't hit any problems yet but just in case!).

Obviously before I say this, this is just the opinion of a guy who doesn't have any beneficial input into the development/modding community so it's not worth much but.....

Why oh why can't there be unchanging standards for names of ships, weapons, nebulas etc. that stay static and is never changed so that any further releases are backwards compatible!!?? I mean whats the point of 3.3 or any newer shiny release if it breaks a the previous campaigns/missions? It just sits there looking pretty unable to be played!

But once again, good work everyone.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The main problems I've encountered lie in the naming of B5 for the final cutscene mission, and the asteroids in the asteroids mission.  The table entries for Gold wing asteroids have a problem where the inner explosion radius exceeds the outer explosion radius.  I was getting killed in their explosion radius and tried to reduce the explosion strength by using special explosion on the asteroids, but that particular anamaly prevented me.  You should look into adjusting the explosion force (at least in the mission) to correct this.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Dwin

Leave the enemy fighters to your wingmen.

Ha, yeah right. The Raiders wipe out my wingmen within a couple minutes, even with my participation.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
The Raiders wipe out my wingmen within a couple minutes, even with my participation.

Oh, you're rubbish then :).

Offline Dwin

That's not the point. Even if I suck, I'm at least distracting a Raider to even out the balance of ships.

What does this mean when I load mission 4 in the campaign?  Do I need to edit the mission text?

Assert: objp->ship_max_hull_strength > 0.0f
File: c:\fs2_open\code\mission\missionparse.cpp
Line: 3329
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You using a debug build to get that?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It means the game is trying to access the max_hull_strength property of a ship to check if it is greater than 0, and it's caused an error. Null pointer probably. Editting the mission text probably won't help you there ;) I'll look into it.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Ironically enough I was deliberately attempting to cause that error yesterday while coding. It's caused when the game loads in a ship which has had its hitpoints set to 0 by use of the special hitpoints code. There may be other ways to cause it too. Since I'm interested in seeing what is the cause I'll see if I can get it to happen myself.

EDIT : The ship causing the problem is actually the Gold 1 Asteroid. For some reason the mission is reading it in as having 0 hitpoints although I have no idea why it would do that. I'll look in to this some more later today.

EDIT 2 : Cracked it. Gold wing have been set up to use special hitpoints at some point. But there are no SEXP variables defined in the mission. I suspect that who ever made the mission assigned special hitpoints and then decide against them. Unfortunately the mission file is still looking for the SEXP variable to get the special hitpoints for the asteroid. Simply deleting this line
Code: [Select]
+Special Hitpoint index: 98

from each of the asteroids in gold wing should cure the problem but I haven't tried it yet.

I've got a bug flagged in the special hitpoints code as it is. I'll put a pointer to this thread in Mantis and take a look at both of them at the same time. (Speaking of Mantis are you still getting this bug IP?)

@Dwin You can only get this error running the debug build (Asserts will only ever occur in the debug builds. They're part of the error checking code that is disabled in the standard release builds). Try running using the build that has _r in its name rather than _d as your current build does.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:52:02 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]