Author Topic: FS3?  (Read 31471 times)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by ZylonBane:
And on-topic... it's a shame BEL wasn't finished. Sounds like it could have been a truly epic campaign.

Yeah..... ah well.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
That them there site is still down.  
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Yeah, I just found out about this campaign. Ascraeus really seems to have done his homework on this.

Ascraeus, if you're reading this, I posted a reply on the VBB topic about your project; I also e-mailed you some thoughts that occured to me reading your son's posts. (Posting all that again here would be a little TOO redundant, so I'm not gonna do it.)

Damn, only nine years old, huh? He's gonna grow up to do great things, I have no doubt of that.  

------------------
FRED Zone's Grammar editor/ FS history moderator
Former member of TCA
Member in good standing of 99th Skulls
Honorary member of TCS and UGC

"I created your civilization...now I will destroy it!"
--Ra, the Sun God
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey Su-tehp, welcome to HLP  

Wow, JMS certainly has a good future. Sometimes it makes me sad to think of future generations and realise that they may not see the pleasure of FS...

We need a bigger universe.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
We can create our own universe.

------------------
GTD Excellence Webmaster
<                                      [b][email protected][/b]                                                    >
"Be flakked or be square!"

don't like the creature... it looks, well not FSish at all  

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
The website containing Ascraeus' notes is still down.  

Any word on when it might be back up so we can see what Ascraeus came up with?

------------------
Former member of TCA

--Ra, the Sun God

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin

Originally posted by Setekh:
Wow, JMS certainly has a good future.

*laughs*

You do know that JMS is also the guy who came up with B5, right?  Kinda funny, if you take your line there out of context.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline TDM/JM

It's up again. An intro briefing, and mission briefings, outcome briefings, and event outlines for missions 2 through 4. Also a campaign map, two mission maps, and some images used to give "a feeling". Go to:
 http://faculty.concord.edu/manzione/fs3.htm

There's some movement on this -- some folks who have produced some very good campaigns have expressed an interest. Negotiations, schedules, other commitments, etc., have to be worked out. Likely be some changes.

Ascraeus

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
This stuff look great, Ascraeus!

If you need any help with mission designing, FRED Zone is standing by to render any needed assistance. (You need to talk to Cetanu; that guy is a frickin' FRED genius!)

By the way did you get the FREDZone Package I e-mailed you and Tim?

------------------
Former member of TCA

--Ra, the Sun God

The Order of the Stick

Offline Kitsune

Well, from here forward, if Zylon gripes at someone for a FS3 thread they now have a valid retort they can point to.

------------------
~Space Kitsuné
6-tailed modder.
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin

Originally posted by Kitsune:
Well, from here forward, if Zylon gripes at someone for a FS3 thread they now have a valid retort they can point to.

Ahh, but we don't have FS3 threads here....  

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Shrike:
Ahh, but we don't have FS3 threads here....  

"looking at the name of the thread. looking at shrike, with a sad smile..."

SCREW CANON!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

*Looks at Kitsune, looks at topic starter, shakes head...*  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin

Originally posted by venom2506:
"looking at the name of the thread. looking at shrike, with a sad smile..."

You didn't get my comment, did you?  This is an intelligent, rational thread... so it can't be a 'FS3' thread.  

Offline Kitsune

Looks at shrike and nods.

True, true...  Only a couple of light blows thrown.  Nothing near as bad as VBB.

I haven't been to there in so long it's not even funny.
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

True, true...  Only a couple of light blows thrown.  Nothing near as bad as VBB.

Actually, the equivalent topic of this one over at the VBB is incredibly informative, sane and rational - at least, it was a day ago or so. Haven't been there since...  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
OMG! Dyson Spheres!!!!!!!!!!! How can those be in the game? Your computer would explode!
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Unidan:
OMG! Dyson Spheres!!!!!!!!!!! How can those be in the game? Your computer would explode!

If you can get a planet working, why not a sphere  

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Yeah, but but, Aldo, in some missions in FS 2.9, you're actually flying INSIDE the Sphere. This means getting rid of the regular "stars and nebula and planets" background and replacing it with actual ground/planetary terrain.

1 Astronomical Unit (A.U.)= distance from our Sun to Earth's orbit, which is equivalent to 8 light-minutes (I don't remember how many millions of miles it is, but it's a lot)

A Dyson sphere with a diameter of 1 A.U. would have the same suface area as AT LEAST 100 MILLION EARTHS.  

Needless to say, that's a lot of ground to cover (pun intended).  

"...And when the ground covers the sky, when the ground IS the sky, this shall be a sign that the Destroyers are near..."
-- from the recorded FS ramblings of Su-tehp  

------------------
Former member of TCA

--Ra, the Sun God

The Order of the Stick