Author Topic: FS3?  (Read 31328 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by karajorma:
The funny thing is that in FS2 the shivans are pretty mindless. I did think that maybe they were a species of much lower intelligence than humans who had somehow managed to get a leg up on the technological front. Then I played FS1. In that the shivans showed good knowledge of tactics that they didn`t show in the sequal. I guess their best general was on board the lucifer.

well, I rather think that somehow the shivan were in a hurry in FS2, and didn't really wan to waste their time for terrans. In FS1, they had really limited resources: one lucifer, two or three demons, and that's about all. In FS2, they had much more resources. What's a ravana next to a sathanas fleet? I think shivans have no proble to use expandable troups when they need to, and, well, their goal was Capella, not the GTVA, so they completly suceeded in their task, and if you notice, the GTVA lost more ships than the shivans, in FS2. A juggernaught, a few destroyers and tha's all. The GVA lost at least as many vessels, and had much less available than the shivies, so...
SCREW CANON!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Still it says something about shivan society when the pilots of their ships are willing to die simply chucking themselves at the enemy dispite having numerical and technological superiority.
 I`ve just had a thought. What if the shivans were in a hurry cause they were scared of us?
 At the start of the last war humans couldn`t even touch Shivan fighters. By the end we had shields, weapons that could take their shields down our capships were reaching the point where with bombers we could take down theirs and we managed to take out the shivan superdestroyer.
 What if the hurry to take out humanity was cause they were scared that if the war took too long the GTVA might have managed to make it a level playing field?  
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nico

• Venom

Originally posted by karajorma:
Still it says something about shivan society when the pilots of their ships are willing to die simply chucking themselves at the enemy dispite having numerical and technological superiority.
 I`ve just had a thought. What if the shivans were in a hurry cause they were scared of us?
 At the start of the last war humans couldn`t even touch Shivan fighters. By the end we had shields, weapons that could take their shields down our capships were reaching the point where with bombers we could take down theirs and we managed to take out the shivan superdestroyer.
 What if the hurry to take out humanity was cause they were scared that if the war took too long the GTVA might have managed to make it a level playing field?  

I don't think so. Did you look and them in FS2 and said: woah, they're scared? They didn't seem scared to me. I think they didn't even pay attention to us. If they were afraid of us, the 80 sathanas would have made a little journey, would have cleaned all the GTVA systems, the GTVA fleet could have done nothing against that, et voila, the shivans would have got rid of us w/o any pb.
SCREW CANON!

Offline diamondgeezer

And in FS3 we'd find the remenants of the GTVA wandering the galazy in the few surviving destroyers, constatnly on the run... hmmm... the words 'campaign' and 'idea' have just infiltrated my brain...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by venom2506:
well, I rather think that somehow the shivan were in a hurry in FS2, and didn't really wan to waste their time for terrans. In FS1, they had really limited resources: one lucifer, two or three demons, and that's about all. In FS2, they had much more resources. What's a ravana next to a sathanas fleet? I think shivans have no proble to use expandable troups when they need to, and, well, their goal was Capella, not the GTVA, so they completly suceeded in their task, and if you notice, the GTVA lost more ships than the shivans, in FS2. A juggernaught, a few destroyers and tha's all. The GVA lost at least as many vessels, and had much less available than the shivies, so...

Of course, maybe you're making a mistake in thinking that the FS1 and FS2 forces were seperate fleets... maybe the FS1 ships were the first elements of a far larger fleet sweeping through the galaxy, and the FS2 fleet was simply a slightly further back component of that - the very first full wave of ships, held up by the Knossos or another threat.

Offline Nico

• Venom

Originally posted by aldo_14:
Of course, maybe you're making a mistake in thinking that the FS1 and FS2 forces were seperate fleets... maybe the FS1 ships were the first elements of a far larger fleet sweeping through the galaxy, and the FS2 fleet was simply a slightly further back component of that - the very first full wave of ships, held up by the Knossos or another threat.

I am confident they were completly unlinked.
first, if th fs2 fleet was the second wave, they would be damn late lol. Then their motives and the way they moved was obviously different. There's no common scheme between the fs1 and the fs2 shivans.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by venom2506:
Then their motives and the way they moved was obviously different. There's no common scheme between the fs1 and the fs2 shivans.

The motives and the way they moved could be attributed to a difference in leadership - can Shivans have personality? Do they have leaders? Or are we still clinging to the hive mind theory? We must question everything.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I didn`t mean that the shivans were scared of us in that they were quaking in their boots.
 I meant that they thought that the GTVA was a small threat now but could become a big threat if not squashed quickly.
 Sort of like the way you squash a breeding pair of cockroaches quickly cause you`re scared that you`ll be dealing with thousends if you don't
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/
Yes. I too think that the Shivans had different priorities between FS1 & FS2.

And, while I'm figuring that the Shivans are afraid of us (not just us Terrans and Vasudans, but all gravity-based life who learn to use subspace because of the threat we pose to them by entering their realm), but I just now thought of something else for why they (or how they can) send so many to die to stop us... what if they're clones?

And now I'm not going into any silly "attack of the clones" thinking here. But what I'm thinking is that, even if Shivans are individuals, what we're fighting are the clones of individuals. You're a well-trained Shivan fighter pilot, but instead of you going out to face the enemy, you clone yourself (along with your memories and personality), and send those clones off to do battle. If they die, no problem, you just clone yourself some more. If they don't die and return, you take in those new memories and experiences to improve your skills.

But then I just thought up of this idea just now.

Joe.

------------------
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by joek:
...I'm not going into any silly "attack of the clones" thinking here...

WAAHHHH!!!!!  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
If they arent linked then why does it say on the back on my FS2 Box "Your Nemesis has arrived..and they are wondering what happened to their scouting party"
Got Ether?

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/

Originally posted by Zeronet:
If they arent linked then why does it say on the back on my FS2 Box "Your Nemesis has arrived..and they are wondering what happened to their scouting party"

Going by what I heard elsewhere: marketing, marketing, marketing.

Joe.

------------------
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by sandwich:
WAAHHHH!!!!!  

Indeed! Don't start us again...  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.